No, don't care/don't use JSX 3 14.29%
Whatever ! 1 4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-15-2018, 01:42 AM   #41
MacFizz
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by geraintluff View Post
In case it's useful: I also wrote a JSFX UI/layout library a while back. The documentation isn't ideal, but there's a quick-start guide, and I use it for all of my effects.

A UI with lots of controls still needs a bit of code, but it does stretch with window resizes, and support things like text-wrapping, and multiple screens/dialogs (which I definitely needed for PadSynth), and text-entry fields.

Yes, unfortunatly, I stumbled on it not long ago while I had done a lot on SWIPE.
However, nice work. I think I might have taken tiny parts of your knob drawing code to replace the SWIPE one...
MacFizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 05:49 AM   #42
MacFizz

FIXED !!!
Please test if you can.
Everything is here and you can have a look here for nice screenshots.
There's also some cosmetic enhancements...

Last edited by MacFizz; 02-02-2018 at 05:55 AM.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:50 AM   #43
bobobo

i'm missing better support for automation

ok . automation is there but it's unhandy , can't see last clicked and from there show in tcp or in automation-lane
bobobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 02:19 AM   #44
BipTunia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacFizz View Post
FIXED !!!
Please test if you can.
Everything is here and you can have a look here for nice screenshots.
There's also some cosmetic enhancements...

I dig it!
Thank you for your service!
BipTunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 11:06 PM   #45
Perken

I just tried the channel strip, and it's really too bad the buttons can't communicate better: it can't show last touched FX params on the UI, and it can't send midi feedback, which means it can't be used to mix with a control surface such as midi fighter twister or console 1…

Anyway, thanks for putting together this awesome plugin !
Perken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 12:11 AM   #46
MacFizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perken View Post
I just tried the channel strip, and it's really too bad the buttons can't communicate better: it can't show last touched FX params on the UI, and it can't send midi feedback, which means it can't be used to mix with a control surface such as midi fighter twister or console 1…

Showing the last button touched isn't a big deal, but midi feedback is another thing. I don't have any surface control to actually test how it would work...
Thx for the feedback, always appreciated.
Old 08-11-2020, 07:55 AM   #47
MacFizz

Quote:

Here's an update displaying the last touch fx param.
I'll look into the midi thing when I'll have some time available...
Attached Files
File Type: zip Reaper_Contest-Channel_Strip-MacFizz.zip (25.4 KB, 166 views)
Old 08-11-2020, 10:14 AM   #48
Perken

Merci cher ami !
Perken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 01:24 PM   #49
MacFizz

Quote:
Merci cher ami !
Avec plaisir!
Old 11-05-2020, 02:52 AM   #50
InvalidInk

I just found this channel strip and its great! I did have a question, is there anyway I could modify the plugin order to put the Saturator first in the signal chain?
InvalidInk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 04:07 AM   #51
MacFizz

Done !
I've added the slider63.
Currently switches from current position to right after the filters nut you can move the block from line 332-342 to line 319 if you want to have at the very beginning of the signal chain.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Reaper_Contest-Channel_Strip-Macfizz.zip (25.5 KB, 165 views)
Old 11-05-2020, 07:28 PM   #52
InvalidInk

Oh wow! Thank you! You're amazing!

One weird thing that kept happening last night when I was playing with it was the Saturator kept turning off. I would have it on while the track was playing as I was mixing, I'd hit space bar and stop the track then hit space bar again to and the track would play but it would turn off the Saturator. Maybe a weird bug?

Last edited by InvalidInk; 11-06-2020 at 12:06 AM.
Old 11-07-2020, 02:25 PM   #53
MacFizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvalidInk View Post
Oh wow! Thank you! You're amazing!

One weird thing that kept happening last night when I was playing with it was the Saturator kept turning off. I would have it on while the track was playing as I was mixing, I'd hit space bar and stop the track then hit space bar again to and the track would play but it would turn off the Saturator. Maybe a weird bug?
I'll try and have a look on monday, might by a faulty variable initialization...
Old 11-18-2020, 02:10 AM   #54
InvalidInk

Did you ever get a change to look at the bug?
Old 11-18-2020, 11:03 AM   #55
MacFizz

Quote:
Sorry not yet, I haven't access to my regular workstation because of the lockdown, I might in the next few days, I'll keep you posted.
Old 12-02-2020, 03:34 AM   #56
InvalidInk

I know you probably have been busy but one other thing you might want to look at is the EQ section adds some weird static-y distortion artifacts as well as the HP and LP filter.
Old 12-02-2020, 07:12 AM   #57
MacFizz

Quote:
Fixed !
Attached Files
File Type: zip Reaper_Contest-Channel_Strip-Macfizz.zip (25.6 KB, 156 views)
Old 12-02-2020, 07:19 AM   #58
MacFizz

Quote:
I know you probably have been busy but one other thing you might want to look at is the EQ section adds some weird static-y distortion artifacts as well as the HP and LP filter.
Never heard that, any specific ways to reproduce the problem ?
I now have access to my regular workstation but only remotely (through RDP) so it might be difficult for now to pinpoint where it's coming from.
The algos are straight out from JSFX_CookDSP so they're either buggy or I've screwed up their implementation in the FX...
Both will be hard to fix until I can actually reproduce the problem and have audio.
Old 12-05-2020, 12:36 AM   #59
InvalidInk

Quote:
Fixed !
Rad!! Thank you, you rule!
Old 12-05-2020, 12:49 AM   #60
InvalidInk

Quote:
Never heard that, any specific ways to reproduce the problem ?
I now have access to my regular workstation but only remotely (through RDP) so it might be difficult for now to pinpoint where it's coming from.
The algos are straight out from JSFX_CookDSP so they're either buggy or I've screwed up their implementation in the FX...
Both will be hard to fix until I can actually reproduce the problem and have audio.
Here is a link. Its a DI Bass. The playing is aggressive but the capture is clean. I start with the plugin bypass, then turn on the EQ section, and start with boosting the lowshelf. After about 5db you start hearing a little crackling. I turn down the low shelf and move on to Band 1. Same result after 5db of boosting. I turn that down and move onto the other bands. I got the same sound from using the HP and LP filters. It also makes the crackling sound when you scoop the EQ as well. The gate, compressor and limiter do not make these artifacts. Also I had my Buffer at 1024 (tried it at different sizes just to check) which didn't result in any difference. I also had a volume plug in at -10 before the channel strip to make sure I wasn't clipping the input or output when boosting the EQ section

http://www.mediafire.com/file/reb0yh..._Test.mp3/file
Old 12-05-2020, 09:00 AM   #61
makshimik

And knobs needs to be aligned in rows -- not in columns. Sometimes I'm doing something with many parameters to experiment what's useful and what's not. So faders are extremely greedy to space.
makshimik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 01:40 PM   #62
MacFizz

Quote:
Here is a link. Its a DI Bass. The playing is aggressive but the capture is clean. I start with the plugin bypass, then turn on the EQ section, and start with boosting the lowshelf. After about 5db you start hearing a little crackling. I turn down the low shelf and move on to Band 1. Same result after 5db of boosting. I turn that down and move onto the other bands. I got the same sound from using the HP and LP filters. It also makes the crackling sound when you scoop the EQ as well. The gate, compressor and limiter do not make these artifacts. Also I had my Buffer at 1024 (tried it at different sizes just to check) which didn't result in any difference. I also had a volume plug in at -10 before the channel strip to make sure I wasn't clipping the input or output when boosting the EQ section

OK. I'll look into it. It hsa to be a recent problem cause I've never encountered that, but I did some minor changes that might have broken something along the way.
I'll keep you posted.
Old 12-05-2020, 01:41 PM   #63
MacFizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by makshimik View Post
And knobs needs to be aligned in rows -- not in columns. Sometimes I'm doing something with many parameters to experiment what's useful and what's not. So faders are extremely greedy to space.
Sorry man, I'm not sure I understand what you mean...
Old 12-05-2020, 09:41 PM   #64
InvalidInk

Quote:
OK. I'll look into it. It hsa to be a recent problem cause I've never encountered that, but I did some minor changes that might have broken something along the way.
I'll keep you posted.
No problem! Thank you for checking this out and putting all this effort into this. Really digging this plugin!
Old 12-07-2020, 08:16 AM   #65
MacFizz

Quote:

OK. Fixed.
That was a tough one, apparently recent versions of Reaper are a little touchy about some variables I was playing with...

Also fixed a ton of small bugs, especially on the saturation that was misbehaving pretty much all the time...
Attached Files
File Type: zip Reaper_Contest-Channel_Strip-Macfizz.zip (25.7 KB, 722 views)
Old 12-07-2020, 11:29 PM   #66
InvalidInk

Quote:
OK. Fixed.
That was a tough one, apparently recent versions of Reaper are a little touchy about some variables I was playing with...

Also fixed a ton of small bugs, especially on the saturation that was misbehaving pretty much all the time...
Oh wow you're quick! Everything seems to be working perfectly now. The EQ is so killer on this! Thank you so much!
Old 12-10-2020, 01:10 AM   #67
MacFizz

Quote:
Oh wow you're quick! Everything seems to be working perfectly now. The EQ is so killer on this! Thank you so much!
Great.
I'll wait a couple of weeks for you to test that out, I'll then upload the update to the stash.
If you see any problem or have any ideas for improvements, don't hesitate.
I personally don't have any time do make music for now but I'm always happy to get feedback.
Old 03-05-2021, 04:35 AM   #68
InvalidInk

Hey just want to reply that the plugin is running nice and smooth even after a few Reaper updates, even the one I did tonight. This plugin rules!
Old 03-09-2021, 01:33 AM   #69
MacFizz

Quote:
Hey just want to reply that the plugin is running nice and smooth even after a few Reaper updates, even the one I did tonight. This plugin rules!
Thx for the update.
I'll upload update to the stash whenever I can.
Old 04-27-2021, 02:59 AM   #70
JonLinnarson

Quote:
OK. Fixed.

Sorry for bringing up a old post but I love your channel strip! I feel like this one really should be among the JSFX that come included in Reaper when you install it. I know that it's easy to just install it yourself but I have used Reaper for about 2-3 years and it wasn't until a year ago I first installed Reapack and downloaded a bunch more JSFX and if I hadn't come here to check something I would never had found out about this channel strip (which is something I have missed dearly in Reaper).
JonLinnarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 06:23 AM   #71
mschnell

If ReaPack would be installed by default, lots of JSFXes and other goodies would be right at the users' fingertips, and many even easy to figure out.

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 07:53 AM   #72
MacFizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
If ReaPack would be installed by default, lots of JSFXes and other goodies would be right at the users' fingertips, and many even easy to figure out.

-Michael
Good point.
I'll look into putting the JSFX I made into the ReaTeam repository.
I have now a fair amount a JSFX GUI available and apparently some people are putting them to good use.
Old 04-27-2021, 07:54 AM   #73
MacFizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonLinnarson View Post
Sorry for bringing up a old post but I love your channel strip! I feel like this one really should be among the JSFX that come included in Reaper when you install it. I know that it's easy to just install it yourself but I have used Reaper for about 2-3 years and it wasn't until a year ago I first installed Reapack and downloaded a bunch more JSFX and if I hadn't come here to check something I would never had found out about this channel strip (which is something I have missed dearly in Reaper).
Thx, much appreciated!
Old 11-14-2021, 04:38 AM   #74
JonLinnarson

One thing I've noticed, when I was testing a bunch of JSFX in Plugin Doctor, is that the Channel Strip doesn't seem to play well with either Plugin Doctor or Bertom EQ Curve Analyzer.

I can't hear any problems when it's used in regular projects though, so I don't think it really matters, just a curious thing I noticed!

Last edited by JonLinnarson; 11-14-2021 at 05:45 AM.
JonLinnarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 07:41 AM   #75
Blankfiles

Without necessarily replacing all the plugins Ui [ i understand all the times that take ] mabe just add an option box to overwriting the window backgroud color just like the theme did with the same option for the meters and the whole will alerady be a very big change and make the themes more equal. That can be possible ??
Old 12-08-2022, 02:20 AM   #76
Bombs'n'Away

Just came back to this plugin by accident and realized that there was an updated version from 2020. Wow, it's great! Thanks a lot for that one. Couldn't find any bugs or glitches so far.
One question: Is it possible to change the limiter's threshold range?
I usually start mixing at low gain stages (~ -18dBs RMS) and therefore the limiter as is now mostly never touches my signals even when cranked.
Bombs'n'Away is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 03:31 AM   #77
MacFizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombs'n'Away View Post
Just came back to this plugin by accident and realized that there was an updated version from 2020. Wow, it's great! Thanks a lot for that one. Couldn't find any bugs or glitches so far.
One question: Is it possible to change the limiter's threshold range?
I usually start mixing at low gain stages (~ -18dBs RMS) and therefore the limiter as is now mostly never touches my signals even when cranked.
You can edit the file in Reaper hitting the "Edit" button on the top right of the fx window and change value at line 75:
//Limiter
slider27:0<-15,1,0.1>-Output Brickwall (dB)

putting 18 or whatever value instead of 15

and do the same at line 187:
//Lim
knob27.init_knob(27,"","dB",-15,1,2,.85,.85,.85);

and also change the value there.
Save, and you should be good.
Old 12-08-2022, 10:39 AM   #78
Bombs'n'Away

Quote:
You can edit the file in Reaper hitting the "Edit" button on the top right of the fx window and change value at line 75:
//Limiter
slider27:0<-15,1,0.1>-Output Brickwall (dB)

putting 18 or whatever value instead of 15

and do the same at line 187:
//Lim
knob27.init_knob(27,"","dB",-15,1,2,.85,.85,.85);

and also change the value there.
Save, and you should be good.
Got it! Thanks for quick help.
Bombs'n'Away is offline   Reply With Quote