Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Music/Collaboration Discussion

Old 12-31-2017, 09:28 AM   #1
COAndy
Human being with feelings

Default Calling drummers and/or drum programmers: "The World You Love" (Jimmy Eat World)

Hello All,

For 2018, I'm working on a little project, where I'll be recording 5 originals and 5 covers and releasing them as a double EP.

One of the covers I want to do is "The World You Love" by Jimmy Eat World (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URjX4Fye1Pg).

I'm looking for anyone who would like to colloborate and lay down the drums to the song (live performance preferred, but programmed perfectly ok!). I'll handle the rest. Full credit will be given to you on the final release!

If you are interested, please let me know! I'm targeting a release Spring/Summer 2018.
COAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 02:59 PM   #2
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by COAndy View Post
Hello All,

For 2018, I'm working on a little project, where I'll be recording 5 originals and 5 covers and releasing them as a double EP.

One of the covers I want to do is "The World You Love" by Jimmy Eat World (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URjX4Fye1Pg).

I'm looking for anyone who would like to colloborate and lay down the drums to the song (live performance preferred, but programmed perfectly ok!). I'll handle the rest. Full credit will be given to you on the final release!

If you are interested, please let me know! I'm targeting a release Spring/Summer 2018.
What have you got so far?
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 03:10 PM   #3
COAndy

I havent laid anything down yet. I wanted to get at least a rough drum track down before I put anything to tape. I know this song like the back of my hand, I just cant play drums haha. I suppose I could play along to the original track, but I've always liked playing over bare drums. Just a preference
Old 12-31-2017, 04:58 PM   #4
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by COAndy View Post
I havent laid anything down yet. I wanted to get at least a rough drum track down before I put anything to tape. I know this song like the back of my hand, I just cant play drums haha. I suppose I could play along to the original track, but I've always liked playing over bare drums. Just a preference
Humm, so you have not idea of the timing, is the original track set to a steady BPM or is it free form?

The drum parts aren't that difficult, but if a tempo map has to be made, that can get rather involved.

At any rate, I can do this but it won't be right away, so if nobody else jumps in, I'll see if I can give it a try down the road.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 04:48 PM   #5
COAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
Humm, so you have not idea of the timing, is the original track set to a steady BPM or is it free form?

The drum parts aren't that difficult, but if a tempo map has to be made, that can get rather involved.

At any rate, I can do this but it won't be right away, so if nobody else jumps in, I'll see if I can give it a try down the road.

I can lay down tracks whenever. I was just under the impression it'd be best to drums first (I dont even know what tempo map is...go figure). Let me know what your thinking. I'm not rushed about this, its just something I've wanted to do for a long time.
Old 02-03-2018, 11:37 PM   #6
soundchaser59

My opinion is the end result would be best if you use a click track to record the guitar part and a scratch vocal, then have the drums done, then re-record the instrument tracks with the new drum track.

I program my drum tracks, but I have never done the drums first. I always use a drum riff as a metronome so I can record some rhythm parts, then I do the drum track to match the rhythm parts. Then if I'm not too lazy I re-record the rhythm parts. This gives me much better and much tighter results.