Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 10-23-2016, 03:22 PM   #1
Colox
Human being with feelings

Default Unzipping messes up rtconfig bigtime? (SOLVED)

I like to unzip ReaperThemes, to adapt them a bit when I feel I need. Most of the times it works out fine. But sometimes the rtconfig file comes out just horrible. It's got .. what seems like all line breaks removed, or something. See picture below.

This doesn't happen every time to me, but sometimes it does. With both Default v4 and v5 themes it happens though. It makes editing of it a veritable nightmare. And considering the rtconfig is rather long (lots of chars) it's going to take a couple of years to make it all manually right - considering all the mishaps I will cause due to putting in line breaks in the wrong places.

I don't really know a way to make this structured in a more automated way than manually. But perhaps someone knows something I don't?

I even considered if this could be because maybe different unzipping programs might unzip text-files retaining line breaks or not; perhaps depending if the file is saves using UTF-8, Unicode or ANSI formatting. Just speculating ..

Thanks for any line of thought
/C

Last edited by White Tie; 10-23-2016 at 04:19 PM.
Colox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 03:55 PM   #2
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

I see no picture, wanna try that again?

What text editor are you using?
Old 10-23-2016, 04:04 PM   #3
Colox

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post
I see no picture, wanna try that again?

What text editor are you using?
You don't? I do. Seems to work.
It's the default windows text editor. Got it associated with *.txt files but I got Sublime too.

EDIT: Oh, God no? It works in Sublime?! I'm mortified! Christ. Well, hrm, that's sorted then. Thread deletable.

Last edited by Colox; 10-23-2016 at 04:13 PM.
Colox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 09:32 PM   #4
Never

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colox View Post
It's the default windows text editor. Got it associated with *.txt files but I got Sublime too.

EDIT: Oh, God no? It works in Sublime?! I'm mortified! Christ. Well, hrm, that's sorted then. Thread deletable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colox View Post

Notepad++ is awesome too! Like Sublime, but with more features and customizability. But u can handle these files perfectly with
Windows Wordpad. It's a rich text editor, meaning it embeds objects,
font, para, color, margin values, it upconverts unencoded text file types, and converts between encoding standards and even though it does not have a built-in provision to create page breaks, they can be added via clipbook. Wordpad also reads and displays embedded tables and other office components, as whole documents or thumbs, and it allows for the embedding of most objects created by office, excel, open office, Word, and any Adobe format. (Pretty much any document type which has been registered and associated by it's installed host). Small and efficient as it is, It's really a good way to go, and those running Winxx already have it installed.
Another thing to think about is size. Notepad's file loading ability caps at 54k.....and it's saving capability caps at 45k...so...hehe....'nuff said.
Never is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 12:26 PM   #5
Colox

I think I was just being comfortable.
rtconfig files uses file type extension *.txt and I got to have this filetype associated with MS Notepad, since it's the default.

So to edit rtconfig files in another editor, I'd have to rightclick the rtconfig and go "Open with .." then wait for a few seconds while this function searches out what suggestions it's going to make, and then show me the dialog where I can show my preferred text editor (for this kind of job).

I guess I was just too impatient to care for that
And the opposite, opening every little note in Sublime or an advanced editor, and have it color a simple note text into C++ syntax color coding and indentation .. didn't feel as satisfying.