Old 11-28-2018, 09:34 AM   #1
stentor
Human being with feelings

Default Waves Meter Ballistics

I know the GUI stuff is CPU intensive and this is one of the ways Reaper gets more processor power where it counts but is there any way to get the meters to respond a little better in the plug-ins?
stentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 11:42 AM   #2
DVDdoug

I don't know, but it's digital audio (very wide dynamic range) so levels are not critical at all... Just make sure you avoid clipping your ADC (recording) and your DAC (monitoring/playback) and you'll be fine.

As you probably know, REAPER uses floating-point so while you're "in the box" there are virtually no upper or lower limits and REAPER won't clip.

When you render you can normalize and/or if you want to hit a target-loudness an LUFS loudness scanner can analyze the whole file which is a lot easier and a lot more accurate than staring at a meter through the whole program.
DVDdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 08:06 AM   #3
stentor

Thank you!

I definitely don't stare at meters while I mix but when I set a compressor attack and release, I need to see the needle move in real time.

I'm having serious problems with the waves plug-ins being WAY off in terms of visual feedback to what they are doing.
stentor is offline   Reply With Quote