Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 09-25-2015, 05:09 AM   #1
mushroomagical
Human being with feelings

Default track volume erratic behavior windows 10

When I adjust track volume in Windows 10 (Reaper 5.03 64bit) while the track is playing, the behavior is erratic and uncontrollable. When I stop play mode, I can adjust the volume without issue. BTW, for the most part I am lovin' Reaper 5 on Windows 10. Cheers, Matt
mushroomagical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 03:45 PM   #2
mushroomagical

It also happens with pan knobs (only circular knobs). It's quite annoying.
Old 10-14-2015, 07:16 AM   #3
mushroomagical

I tried Reaper version 4, and the same thing is happening. So it's Windows 10 compatibility issues. Anyway this bug is driving me nuts and I cannot mix and I've got a deadline. Can someone tell me how to change the volume and pan knobs to sliders? The bug only seems to cause trouble with the circular knobs. Any help greatly appreciated.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:13 PM   #4
musicbynumbers

I'm going to take a guess that you're either using a wacom pen type input device or a touch screen

If so, I have the same in windows 8 or 10.

Faders work great but knobs don't work well at all and are erratic with any absolute input device controlling the mouse cursor. By this, I mean any thing that has an absolute 1:1 relationship with your screen size like a touchscreen (because where you touch on the screen is exactly the same as where the mouse goes) and a pen pad (where say clicking on the bottom right corner of the pad will put the mouse in the same corner instantly.)

Relative devices like a mouse don't have this issue with me. What about you?
Old 10-16-2015, 06:09 AM   #5
mushroomagical

Hi musicbynumbers, I am using a mouse for input. I've tested a few other mice, and the same problem happens. Big bummer 'cause I do this for a living and can't mix in Reaper anymore, so I am using Vegas as a temporary backup DAW (it's my main video editor anyway). I just tried a demo of Cubase for windows 10 and had no probs, even though Steinberg does support Windows 10 yet. Have to go with that to get these jobs done.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:22 AM   #6
LightOfDay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroomagical View Post
So it's Windows 10 compatibility issues. Anyway this bug is driving me nuts and I cannot mix and I've got a deadline.
it is not a Win 10 compatibility issue and it is no bug. a lot of people with Win 10 and Reaper 4.x/5.x dont have these issues. I myself run Reaper on Win 10 with a normal mouse and have not experienced one problem.

so I assume there something different going on on your computer, and I would try to solve the issue from that angle.

maybe its something with some fancy knobs on the mouse in combination with the mouse drivers and some mouse behaviors you have set within Reaper? I find that much more likely.
LightOfDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 08:58 AM   #7
mushroomagical

Hi LightOfDay, thanks for the feedback. I'll check into mouse drivers to see if that works. Glad to hear that windows 10 is working for you....
Old 10-22-2015, 01:05 AM   #8
musicbynumbers

Very strange that this is happening with a mouse as that's exactly what happens with touchscreens and other absolute devices like the wacom pen. I'm sure it's related to it some how

Maybe in reaper prefs, you can go into the page where the touch settings are and turn those off just in case that's causing the issue.

There are themes that have all sliders if you look in the themes section of this forum or if you right click a track and near the bottom there is options to change the panel look (which can be done overall in the windowset window in view menu)

If I think of any more, I'll post! hope you get it sorted.
Old 10-22-2015, 01:48 AM   #9
ivansc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroomagical View Post
Hi LightOfDay, thanks for the feedback. I'll check into mouse drivers to see if that works. Glad to hear that windows 10 is working for you....

Me too. Using laser mice, blutooth optical, wired optical, trackball etc etc.
Dont have touch screen but everything else seems to work fine.
Sorry I cant point you in the direction of a cure, but at let you can now see it confirmed that using Win10 and Reaper together is perfectly do-able.
My sympathies and good luck.

Oh - I run everything 64bit in case that helps narrow it down.
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 06:15 PM   #10
MikComposer

I confirm I have same issue. Wireless mouse. Worked in reaper on all previous systems but win 10.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:52 PM   #11
MikComposer

It also happens when using vst's with knobs!