Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 04-03-2020, 11:08 PM   #1
dennisnv
Human being with feelings

Default Weird "Project Load Warning" - plugins

Only when I load a particular project REAPER reports this: "Project Load Warning The following effects were in the project file and are not available. REAPER will keep their configurations, but things may not sound as desired. VST3: Aphex Vintage Exciter Stereo (Waves) (3 instances)". I do have one instance of the plugin in the project and it is working with no problems and I have never had three instances of the plugin in this project. I've opened up several other projects and this only occurs on the one project. I recently updated all of my WAVES plugins to version 11 in case that has anything to do with it but I use a lot of WAVES plugins, pretty sure there are several on every project I have, so I don't think it's a WAVES issue since it's only happening on one project. Seems like there is some kind of buffer or storage area associated with the project file that needs to be cleaned up. I tried setting the "Allow complete unload of VST plugins" option to ON but that didn't help. I have no idea how to recreate the problem other than it happens every time I load that project. I am running REAPER version 6.08, on a Windows 10 workstation.
Addendum 1: For anyone thinking about this bug there are no item FX or insert FX in the project.
Addendum 2: Problem Solved? Opened the FX tab in Project Bay and the 3 instances of the plugin were listed there. Fired off the "Remove from project" command listed in the right-click menu, saved, quit and reloaded the project and no "Project Load Warning". Still have no idea where the phantom instantiations of the plugin came from, nor if there are underlying issues behind the scenes, but the annoying project startup step is gone and everything seems to be working so I'm happy.

Last edited by dennisnv; 04-04-2020 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Solved the problem myself ...
dennisnv is offline   Reply With Quote