Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 05-22-2019, 06:15 PM   #1
Moxie97
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper unloaded all my plugins after Gullfoss crash

I purchased Gullfoss about a month ago. It worked great for a few days in Reaper with the trial mode on Windows 10 64bit. As soon as I purchased and loaded it in a project it crashed. All my other plugins including iLok, work fine. This went back and forth with the support team sending them crash reports as well as downloading GL viewer and sending the report to them, but nothing was resolved. After crashing for the 5th or 6th time, Reaper unloaded all my plugins and would not let me reload them. I downloaded to the latest version of Reaper but was still unable to reload/scan my plugins. I finally had to have tech help and have them restore my computer using my back up drives to a state prior to downloading Gullfoss.
Is there anyone who has had Reaper remove all their plugins and is there a solution to restoring them?
Thanks,
Dean

Windows 10, i9 128 gigs
Moxie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 01:17 AM   #2
ivansc

Hi & welcome to the forums! One surefire way to see what is going on would be to download reaper again and this time when installing, check the box for a portable install.
This will set up a new folder with a new factory fersh version of Reaper. You should find that all your plugins will load fine once you have added the various paths in Options/Prefs/plugins/vst location window.

Incidentally, if you didnt already its worth downloading the free User Guide and checking out the huge number of excellent Tutorial videos, all available at reaper.fm
Old 05-25-2019, 05:37 AM   #3
Moxie97

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Hi & welcome to the forums! One surefire way to see what is going on would be to download reaper again and this time when installing, check the box for a portable install.
This will set up a new folder with a new factory fersh version of Reaper. You should find that all your plugins will load fine once you have added the various paths in Options/Prefs/plugins/vst location window.

Incidentally, if you didnt already its worth downloading the free User Guide and checking out the huge number of excellent Tutorial videos, all available at reaper.fm
Hi, thanks for the welcome and response. I do have the user guide and have watched many videos. It's great to have those: way more help than any other DAW.
I was able to get my plugins back when I restored my pc from my backup drives. I was wondering though if anyone knows why Reaper unloaded my plugins and would not let me reload. I was just hoping to find a cause as I am now a little worried about trying any new plugins.
Thanks
Old 05-25-2019, 01:05 PM   #4
dug dog

Having added many plug-ins over the years, I can report that this situation is not typical, though, based on what I've seen in these forums, people do seem to run into these weird issues from time to time.

I'm no expert but, until one arrives, I would guess that the problem was, somehow, specifically related to Gullfoss.
dug dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 06:39 PM   #5
Moxie97

I did just try a portable install. I first loaded a few plugins with no issues. I then reinstalled Gullfoss. When I opened Gullfoss on a track, the same thing happened. It crashed.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:15 AM   #6
ivansc

Sounds like Gulfoss is headed for the trash can....
Old 06-17-2019, 11:24 AM   #7
jackiefender

I have a similar problem, which started with Gullfoss requiring the latest version of ILOK manager, 5.03.
These are the plugins registered to the ILOK:

Eventide- 2016 stereo room; TVerb; Ultrachannel native
Sonnox - Oxford Superesser
Slate - Trigger 2
Gullfoss
iZotope - Nectar Elements
Melodyne - Editor 2

All of these worked fine (except Gullfoss) with the previous version of ILOK manager. Now all of them except iZotope and Melodyne cause Reaper to hang when attempting to instantiate. I did find a workaround though. That is to use FX browser and set each of the hanging plugins to run in a seperate process. Now they run OK, but in 64bit bridged mode.
All the ILOK plugins load and run without issue in VEGAS on the same computer. I explained the problem to ILOK support and they just passed the buck to Reaper.
Windows 10 64bit. All plugins 64bit.
Seems to me like an issue between Reaper and ILOK manager 5.03.
jackiefender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 12:35 AM   #8
ivansc

Are you on 5.03.2569? Working fine for me.

I still think the root cause here is gulfoss. Sorry but I am not going to install it on my machine - I dont need the aggravation, but good luck with it! Have you had a response from teh devs of Gulfoss yet?

One other thought: Why are you running in bridge mode? I assumed you were using 64 bit Win10 and reaper...
Old 06-18-2019, 10:01 AM   #9
Tiggerdyret

I've been running Gullfoss' full version in projects for hours and haven't had a single issue as of yet.
Tiggerdyret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 11:44 AM   #10
jackiefender

Quote:
Are you on 5.03.2569? Working fine for me.

I still think the root cause here is gulfoss. Sorry but I am not going to install it on my machine - I dont need the aggravation, but good luck with it! Have you had a response from teh devs of Gulfoss yet?

One other thought: Why are you running in bridge mode? I assumed you were using 64 bit Win10 and reaper...
Yep, ILOK manager 5.03.2569, the newest one.
Bridge mode is what happens when you run in a separate process.
Old 06-19-2019, 01:42 AM   #11
ivansc

So - why are you still running it as a separate process, if it still doesnt work - or did I miss something in the earlier posts?
Sorry if I sound like some know nothing dumbass, but I am trying to prod at any possible-but-unlikely causes other than Gullfos itself being the cause.
Old 06-19-2019, 09:30 AM   #12
jackiefender

Quote:
So - why are you still running it as a separate process, if it still doesnt work - or did I miss something in the earlier posts?
Sorry if I sound like some know nothing dumbass, but I am trying to prod at any possible-but-unlikely causes other than Gullfos itself being the cause.
AS I said in the original post, when I installed Gullfoss, it required also installing ILOK manager 5.03.2569. Before this, all my plugins ran perfectly. But now, seven of the other plugins that are on the ILOK, as well as Gullfoss, all cause Reaper to hang when attempting to use them in normal mode. If I put them in a separate process, they load and run fine, except each is in its own window(bridged mode).
Also, I have duplicated this behavior on a second computer.