Old 12-22-2006, 10:17 PM   #1
scottieboy
Human being with feelings

Default another jamstix question

My question is, how can I modify jamstix further, while keeping the pre-recorded drum tracks off to the side?

I have a project that I had already recorded jamstix on. snare on one track, kick on another, etc, etc....

But now, I want to go back and play with the drumming. Maybe a different rhythm here, and different fill there.....

So, I'm trying but i'm running into problems. First off, I was changing the rhythm in jamstix, and hitting play in reaper, only to hear the same rhythm I had before.....then i realized, duh, i'm hearing the jamstix tracks I recorded earlier. Ok, so then I try to mute those drum tracks and hit play again, but now, no drums will play....

and now i'm frustrated...

so again, how can I modify jamstix further, while keeping the pre-recorded drum tracks off to the side?
scottieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 11:25 PM   #2
DrJ

hey scottieboy, there are a few ways you could go about this. you could:

a) delete the drum tracks and jamstix and save as a different project name (while saving all files to a subfolder and before autosave kicks in) and then loading in a new instance of jamstix and starting again

b) save the arrangement in jamstix, then clear the arrangement and the audio drum takes and start over

c) lock the bars that you want to keep in jamstix's arrangement screen and then load some new rhythms if you have some spare rhythm slots before deleting the audio takes

depends how much you want to change... anyway i think you're best off trashing the audio takes and starting again from within jamstix.

hope the above is clear, my head hurts a little as i've just gotten home from xmas shopping
jeff
DrJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 01:03 AM   #3
Jae.Thomas

you could always just move the midi or audio file created by recording jamstix to an empty track, routing that track to the track with jamstix in it, and then muting it when you want to make more changes. Or throw it in a folder of the jamstix track.
Jae.Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote