Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 11-26-2017, 04:27 PM   #1
EddieL
Human being with feelings

Default Send MIDI from Reaper to old Ample Sound AGM

Hello,

I recently purchased reaper and am going through the process of learning how to use some of my older plugins with it. Each seems to require something a bit different, but I've managed to get most to work.k

One that I am struggling with is Ample Sound AGM, the first one they released. I can get everything to work except sending MIDI from a track in Reaper to the plugin itself. I've tried routing a MIDI track to the track mapped to the VST (like we do with KONTAKT), and I've tried just putting MIDI events in the actual track that maps to teh plugin (like I had to do with Session Drummer III). Yet, when I play the project, the MIDI never gets to the plug-in.

Has anyone gotten this to work? The plug-in is older, but it is decent, and it is what I have at the moment. Any help would be appreciated.
EddieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 02:30 AM   #2
ivansc
Human being with feelings

Do you have the current version released around Aug 2017 I believe? Running fine on my machine.

The other thing that may help you is letting reaper do the routing etc.
Instead of manually doing it all, RIGHT click in the TCP area and choose "insert virtual instrument on new track" and then click on the AGM when the vsti window opens. From there, MIDI I/O should be dead easy to sort out, assuming your MIDI device is already enabled in reaper.