Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 10-29-2020, 03:33 PM   #1
Desmond
Human being with feelings

Default Record a "midi performance" to another track

Hello!

So I am trying to make a walkthrough video for a plugin. I got my video, my screen capture, and my audio all synced and got done recording, then I realized that I had recorded the plugin audio with midi, and even though I was switching presets and settings throughout the video, at the end of it all the plugin would only play back whatever preset and settings it was currently set to, and just replay the midi performance.

So I am wondering what the best way to go about capturing just the audio from this "performance" would be. I tried routing the audio from the midi track where the plugin is on, to a different track, but I couldn't seem to get it to accept the actual audio from the track.

Does my question make sense? I want just the raw audio of a live midi performance. Best way to do this? Thank you so much!
Desmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 04:13 PM   #2
DarkStar

You can record that generated audio on the "MIDI" track itself or on another track (to which you have Sent the audio).

On the destination track, right-click the RecArm button and select one of the Record output mono or stereo choices.
Old 10-29-2020, 05:11 PM   #3
Desmond

Welp, there you go! Perfect, answered my question exactly. All I had to do was right click the record button. Thank you so much for the help, problem solved!
Desmond is offline   Reply With Quote