Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 04-18-2018, 07:04 AM   #1
Scottsdale
Human being with feelings

Default [5.79] UX regression for keyboard users in Item Properties window (FIXED)

Hi,

From the change log for 5.79:
+ Keyboard: pass through spacebar in various windows to main window

Unfortunately this causes a big regression for users who navigate their OS with keystrokes for accessibility (in my case I rely entirely on the keyboard).

To reproduce:
- Open the Item Properties window
- Hit the tab key until you're focused on either a check box or a button (both are controls which would ordinarily be activated using Space)
- Hit space.

Expected behaviour: A check box should toggle, or a button should be clicked.

Behaviour in 5.79: Transport plays/stops, and the actual control is left untouched.

If there's anything you can do, there are a ton of accessibility users who would appreciate it.

Cheers

Scott
Scottsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 08:24 AM   #2
D Rocks

I find it interesting that you work like this and ask for an option because in my case for example, its the complete opposite. If it was possib le to passthrough every keystrokes to mainwindow I would be extremely satisfied.

Try checking and unchecking the option in the FX windows : ignore keycommands (or something called similar to this).
Old 04-18-2018, 03:51 PM   #3
Justin
Administrator

Hmm yeah perhaps an option is in order for this.

For now, shift+space should still work for navigation, if that's not too much trouble?
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 12:52 PM   #4
D Rocks

Thanks Justin!

The 5.80 pre release he published already include an option for you !!
Old 04-20-2018, 05:41 AM   #5
Scottsdale

Good call on adding that as an option. Just took 5.80 for a spin and it works a treat. Huge thanks for the speedy fix man, very much appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post

For now, shift+space should still work for navigation, if that's not too much trouble?
Scottsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 09:59 AM   #6
ultraleetj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post

yes, I am also a blind reaper user that maintains the www.reaperaccessibility.com site . I found that shift space did always work reliably but having this as an option and... so fast, too! is just amazing, not to mention professional; instead of arguing/even bothering to agree or disagree you just went with it and before anyone could have said anything else just stuck the option there. thank you for supporting a oh so small (but growing) customer base.
Your software has given us opportunities which were just dreams not too many years ago.
ultraleetj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:02 AM   #7
D Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraleetj View Post
yes, I am also a blind reaper user that maintains the www.reaperaccessibility.com site . I found that shift space did always work reliably but having this as an option and... so fast, too! is just amazing, not to mention professional; instead of arguing/even bothering to agree or disagree you just went with it and before anyone could have said anything else just stuck the option there. thank you for supporting a oh so small (but growing) customer base.
Your software has given us opportunities which were just dreams not too many years ago.
Thats heart moving to read. Im glad you are living your dream and yeah Justin is inspiring! Really like his work and personnality.