Old 05-15-2018, 05:27 AM   #41
RobinGShore
Human being with feelings

Quote:
+ ReaSurround: add edit modes to move selected inputs directly towards or away from a specific speaker
+ ReaSurround: add per-input channel controls to reverse (mirror) edits [p=1968511]
+ ReaSurround: add relative speaker influence mode
+ ReaSurround: change default 9.1 channel order to match SMPTE (existing projects are not affected)
+ ReaSurround: hold down control key to override reverse/mirror edits when moving inputs with the mouse
+ ReaSurround: hold shift key for faster edit, control key for slower edit
+ ReaSurround: in relative mode, prevent bleed into speakers at opposite edges of the space
+ ReaSurround: initialize arrangements with speakers closer to the edge of the space
+ ReaSurround: restrict edits to the visible space
[/SIZE]
I hope this isn't it for this round of Reasurround updates now that they've been moved to a release candidate. These changes are nice, but they don't solve all the issues some of us had been discussing.
RobinGShore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 06:35 AM   #42
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinGShore View Post
I hope this isn't it for this round of Reasurround updates now that they've been moved to a release candidate. These changes are nice, but they don't solve all the issues some of us had been discussing.
This is likely it for 5.90, but if you can point to a post that has the remaining issues that’d be helpful for 5.91...
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 07:21 AM   #43
heda

After updating to this 5.90rc1
It rescanned plugins on start. and SWS is gone.... It says on start "SWS extensions not detected. You must install it first."

something strange has happened. It is the first time I see this problem updating.
Maybe it is my fault.. I'm not sure if I checked the portable install. Can't remember.

win7 x64.

Last edited by heda; 05-15-2018 at 07:29 AM.
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 08:36 AM   #44
ovnis

Wrong Reaper version between the x86 and the x64 ?
ovnis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:58 AM   #45
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm duchenne View Post
The automatic channels number value setting is now broken : when I insert on a media a plugin that has more I/O than the audio file, it is first correctly set (like before) but when I play the values are now downscaled to the media's channels number.
If remove the plugin and insert it another time, this time it keeps the correct values.
I'm not able to reproduce the part where the plugin I/O changes only after starting playback.

With ReaSurround, there is a change from 5.80 in that the plugin no longer reacts to track or take channel counts by changing its own I/O. This is arguably an improvement -- you could make the case that ReaSurround I/O should always be set manually (in which case we should gray out the option to inform the plug-in when the track channel count changes). What do you think?
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:17 AM   #46
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovnis View Post
Wrong Reaper version between the x86 and the x64 ?
ah... that was it...Thanks Ovnis
Reinstalled x64 version over it now and everything seems ok again.

sorry... maybe a warning that you are installing x32 version over x64 for clumsy users like me would be nice in the installer.
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:31 AM   #47
EvilDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
I'm not able to reproduce the part where the plugin I/O changes only after starting playback.

With ReaSurround, there is a change from 5.80 in that the plugin no longer reacts to track or take channel counts by changing its own I/O. This is arguably an improvement -- you could make the case that ReaSurround I/O should always be set manually (in which case we should gray out the option to inform the plug-in when the track channel count changes). What do you think?
That is a reasonable modification to make.
EvilDragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:40 AM   #48
jm duchenne

Quote:
An example :
jm duchenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:52 AM   #49
jm duchenne

Quote:
I have no problem with this.
But actually, when I set the ReaSurround for example to the "9.1 ITU-R" Preset on a stereo file, there is only 2 active output channels when it must have 10 like before.
It remembers me of old time when we had always to clic repeatedly on the "+" button ;-)

Old 05-15-2018, 11:03 AM   #50
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm duchenne View Post
I have no problem with this.
But actually, when I set the ReaSurround for example to the "9.1 ITU-R" Preset on a stereo file, there is only 2 active output channels when it must have 10 like before.
As track FX, changing the settings in ReaSurround will increase the number of track channels to match if needed, but I don't think this was ever true when used as take FX. Do you think this is a change from previous behavior?
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 11:40 AM   #51
jm duchenne

Quote:
As track FX, changing the settings in ReaSurround will increase the number of track channels to match if needed, but I don't think this was ever true when used as take FX. Do you think this is a change from previous behavior?
Ah yes, you are right for this ! And it is a shame, don't you think so ;-)
(Sorry, I usually use the ReaSurround on multichannel files)

But the problem remains for other plugins...
Old 05-15-2018, 03:32 PM   #52
PitchSlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
It’s the same thing that’s been in pre builds for months. Only affects live fx multiprocessing with routing/folders. If anticipative FX is enabled then there will be little or no difference.
Good to know, thanks.

I use a lot of folders and prefer to keep enable record-arm on selected track for convenience, which probably makes a track considered "live" so hopefully in that case there's some benefit.
Old 05-16-2018, 12:37 PM   #53
HighVoltage

(Multiprocessing..)
Quote:
Similar, better, or worse than 5.80?
It's MASSIVELY better.

It's pretty good now, i just simply can't understand why enabling a plugin even with 0 cpu usage starts to stress a single core more, when it just has to delay the audio.

You can see the sudden jump of processing on one core, and i just enabled reainsert:
https://prnt.sc/jirr42

Also notice that other cores get stressed a bit less, so the impact on cpu gets balanced a bit, but it's still an issue, cause one can run out of a core pretty fast, and then no amount of cores saves you.
HighVoltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:29 AM   #54
RobinGShore

Quote:
This is likely it for 5.90, but if you can point to a post that has the remaining issues that’d be helpful for 5.91...
Take a look at these posts:

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...43&postcount=3
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...53&postcount=7
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...4&postcount=10

It's also been discussed at length in this thread:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=202783
RobinGShore is offline   Reply With Quote