Old 08-17-2018, 08:56 AM   #1
inarisound
Human being with feelings

Default Audio Routing on Windows 10

Hello everyone!
I am sorry this question might be out of the Reaper domain... but recently I moved from OSX to Windows.... and everything is very clunky for me.

In OSX you can easily combine different audio interfaces into one... and on top of that there is a powerful routing tool like Loopback by Rogue Amoeba that I can't praise enough.

After a very intensive research I was unable to find a stable and simple solution to my question... How to rout sound on Windows ?

Example: I have an application X (skype, discord, firfox) and I want to send an output from Reaper to it how can I do that?

Is there any reliable routing solution like Loopback where you can send any audio to any application (back and forth) ?

Is it possible to combine two audio interfaces to one?

any help would be highly appreciated!

I am fighting with Windows for almost half a year now... but still very uncomfortable on the audio front.

-inarisound
inarisound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 09:48 AM   #2
pepe44

On mac it is pretty simples , as you mentioned, the coreaudio "allows" way more functions on the user level, unfortunately on windows that is very different but you can try with ASIO4All. not the best way..but the OS architecture is made that way :/
OSX still the best for Audio production, i love windows and i use only windows, but i was a long time mac user.

All the best
pepe44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 10:44 AM   #3
inarisound

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe44 View Post
On mac it is pretty simples , as you mentioned, the coreaudio "allows" way more functions on the user level, unfortunately on windows that is very different but you can try with ASIO4All. not the best way..but the OS architecture is made that way :/
OSX still the best for Audio production, i love windows and i use only windows, but i was a long time mac user.

All the best

Thank you for suggestion!
Why ASIO4All is not the best solution?
and did you ever found a way to combine two interfaces or routing application
that suits you ?
inarisound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:19 AM   #4
jm duchenne

If you don't use ASIO which is not multiclient but Windows drivers (WASAPI) you can use the same sound card simultaneously with different applications.

For connections inter applications, like Rogue Amoeba :
https://www.vb-audio.com/Cable/index.htm
or
http://www.ntonyx.com/vac.htm
and also
http://jackaudio.org/downloads/

Rearoute (which is not available in OSX) can also be a great help for applications based on ASIO.

And yes, ASIO4All allows to combine several sound cards like OSX aggregation. It can work perfectly with some hardware, or not...
jm duchenne is offline   Reply With Quote