Old 12-06-2018, 03:03 PM   #1
riftmountain
Human being with feelings

Default New to Reaper

Just downloaded Reaper program...Guitar and Bass will be going directly in Presonus Audiobox iOne...I want to try out the Blue Cat Audio Destructor for my tones and amp simulation and Addictive Drums 2 for pounding the pagan skins...

Does this seem like a doable combination?! Just getting started out in the whole diy/home recording world seems kinda daunting and there are squillions of choices to make... Any help/wisdom is appreciated. Thanks.
riftmountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 04:00 PM   #2
peter5992

Welcome first of all.

Yes, that is absolutely doable. Insert all plugins into the "FX" box. See screen picture below.

Also, you may want to take a look at Kenny Gioia's "reaper mania" videos, they are very helpful to get you started.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq2...98HlB5mVFHGSsQ

And the manual by Geoffrey is great.

peter5992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 04:12 PM   #3
martifingers

Hello and welcome.
I don't have the plug-ins you mention but I think Reaper will handle them just fine.

You might find Kenny's videos very helpful especially the series on Recording Your Band but all of the "Reaper 5 Explained" videos.
Also the manual is pretty comprehensive and worth a (free!) download.

One particular point re guitar. As you may know, fx are usually added to a track and can be changed later (either for another fx or by changing the fx parameters.) Alternatively they can be recorded with the audio by having them as input fx. See Kenny's very clear explanation in the video called "Input FX".

Have fun and just ask.
martifingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 06:00 PM   #4
riftmountain

Thanks guys! I appreciate the welcome and help...I am going to be bumming around here for awhile I think...Seems like a super cool place...
Old 12-09-2018, 12:22 PM   #5
riftmountain

I am having trouble getting Addictive Drums 2 and my Presonus Auidobox iOne to work with Reaper...Also having trouble getting VST plug ins to show up for tracks...Not using a amp...Trying to do direct in recording with the Presonus...Any help is appreciated...
Old 12-10-2018, 02:18 PM   #6
martifingers

Sorry it's proving a struggle.
First of is your Audiobox appearing as an item in Preferences/Audio/Device.
There you should see the available inputs and outputs etc. It's possible that the card is recognised but that the preferences have standard Win device as default. If the card does not appear there then check you have the correct (and up to date) driver installed.

Once sorted (hopefully!) the make sure your A Drums are properly installed (NOT in the Reaper Plug-ins folder BTW!) Anywhere else should be OK. Then the plug-in should appear as available in the FX window you see on each track.

Any help?
martifingers is offline   Reply With Quote