COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 10-30-2006, 09:30 AM   #1
NIGHTCHILD
Human being with feelings

Default an option for ninjam

WE need a vote to kick option for idiots who come in a channel and play shit or shred at high volumes just to spite and fuck others up.or to kick players or people who are just being dicks
NIGHTCHILD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 09:34 AM   #2
NIGHTCHILD

and to avoid just being able to rejoin the chan kicks should last a 1/2 hour to an hour

punishment for being a fool
NIGHTCHILD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 02:10 PM   #3
Sp3ktral

i would totally agree with you (esp. whenever we are required to register and login) however....you can choose to mute a player or choose to not receive a player.

just as effective.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:30 PM   #4
cryptomail

Default hmmmm

perma-mute is what we want I think.
With NINJAM,I believe the underlying philosophy is to never use the stick.
If someone is being a penis (and I've been on when it's happened), like blasting utter noise and f'ing up others grooves, then at least at the client maybe there should be a way to (permanently) mute them.

Lemme see how much time I have (haha, not alot), and I could make a patch for us to use at least.
I'm kinda for this now that I've experienced it...even after kicking.... the dipshit joined again, only to have to mute again grrr hehehehe annoyingly funny I spose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp3ktral
i would totally agree with you (esp. whenever we are required to register and login) however....you can choose to mute a player or choose to not receive a player.

just as effective.
cryptomail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 06:48 AM   #5
Sp3ktral

i think i finally experienced one of these lamers...
dude came in threw on a ridiculously loud backing track that had nothing to do with anything we were doing, not even in the tempo we had going and just rips it up. doesn't give anyone a chance to play around just like "HI GUYS I HAVE THIS BACKING TRACK WATCH ME GO!"

pretty annoying. but, a quick mute and the problem was solved (for me)

i guess a perma-mute might work out for some people. let us know how it's going
Old 11-27-2006, 08:16 PM   #6
cryptomail

Default PERMAMUTE is here!

Ok, having experienced one of these lamers myself, I did permamute. It puts the ahole on a sh1tl1st.
Windows only heh
1) This is alpha code.
2) This MAY OR MAY NOT MAKE IT INTO THE MAIN BRANCH
3) I am fully indemnified from anything that can happen to you when running this client.
4) Since this is GPL, I'll have to embarrass myself by showing you http://stashbox.org/5998/cryptomailninjamsrcmods.zip
5) Things are handled somewhat less optimally when people who are on the sh1tl1st come into a jam, but none the less, it still works. (more of a developer note)
6) This is NOT a server option, this is local client ignore.

Enjoy, and may you not be subjected to things you don't want to hear.
(Don't put me on your sh1tl1st tho hahahah)

https://stash.reaper.fm/oldsb/5996/ninjam.exe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp3ktral View Post
i think i finally experienced one of these lamers...
dude came in threw on a ridiculously loud backing track that had nothing to do with anything we were doing, not even in the tempo we had going and just rips it up. doesn't give anyone a chance to play around just like "HI GUYS I HAVE THIS BACKING TRACK WATCH ME GO!"

pretty annoying. but, a quick mute and the problem was solved (for me)

i guess a perma-mute might work out for some people. let us know how it's going
Old 12-02-2006, 04:14 PM   #7
AllDayLay

You might lose some good, but inexperienced jammers that way.
Sometimes we are all a holes by accident.
The next time we come on maybe we know a little more and behave ourselves? Sometimes
AllDayLay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 09:00 PM   #8
synthany

Default they know not...

the problem with judging if this is hole or that is hole is that people often do not think what they do is holey. sometimes people have no idea really and to make matters worse this triggers others' holeyness. and it becomes a big black hole.

Last edited by synthany; 12-03-2006 at 12:16 PM.
synthany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 01:59 AM   #9
JAH

you're trying to turn this shit into IRC.

just play!!!
JAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 12:06 PM   #10
synthany

Default please clarify

IRC? JAH: do you mean discussion? isn't that what the forum is for? maybe it would be good to address the person(s) you are referring to as "you" b/c there are several people discussing this thread.

Last edited by synthany; 12-03-2006 at 12:16 PM.
synthany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:15 AM   #11
JAH

yeah i meant that as in making up to many rules. the program is stalled out as it is in it's devolopement. hasn't changed in a long time and I'm pretty sure it's not on RECENT any top 10 mustr have music programs to want. we should be glad we have the amount of people coming on here as we do. with these rules, say a new user comes on and then gets kicked because Guitar God Gonzales thought Newbcakes was to loud or was echoing his mic, without that player even knowing if the other was trying to adjust it or trying to learn the program for the first time and then just BOOT him from the server. that'll make them wanna come back! ya! way to go Guitar God Gonzales.

see thats the kinda shit that's going to happen and also with music alot of sounds and tones could be subjective as to being good or bad. basically anyone could be kicked over a biased opinion as to what sounds good or bad. It's all subjective. that's why these rules would be nothing more than to have a power trip on to any given person based on who's doing the kicking or banning.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:54 PM   #12
cryptomail

Default bah...see this is the kind of stuff I didn't want when doing the local client mute :)

Ok....to reiterate....the local client mute is for super, ultra dipshits who want to purposefully f your session up.
I've been in a session where these frat boys in a Vermont campus (yes, I traced the IP) thought it was funny to fart and play their shit nylon string acoustic from a laptop and feedback all kinds of shit even at the request of others to stop.

While I do admire that kind of behavior in general, it's more fun when not in a jam, where there is a bit more structure.

That's my reason for creating the local client mute.
It can and will be perverted by egotistical heroes, but the only suggestion I have is everyone be tolerant!

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAH View Post
yeah i meant that as in making up to many rules. the program is stalled out as it is in it's devolopement. hasn't changed in a long time and I'm pretty sure it's not on RECENT any top 10 mustr have music programs to want. we should be glad we have the amount of people coming on here as we do. with these rules, say a new user comes on and then gets kicked because Guitar God Gonzales thought Newbcakes was to loud or was echoing his mic, without that player even knowing if the other was trying to adjust it or trying to learn the program for the first time and then just BOOT him from the server. that'll make them wanna come back! ya! way to go Guitar God Gonzales.

see thats the kinda shit that's going to happen and also with music alot of sounds and tones could be subjective as to being good or bad. basically anyone could be kicked over a biased opinion as to what sounds good or bad. It's all subjective. that's why these rules would be nothing more than to have a power trip on to any given person based on who's doing the kicking or banning.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:56 PM   #13
cryptomail

Default oh btw...after this response, no way I'm going to even touch server kicks hehehe :)

Local client mutes only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptomail View Post
Ok....to reiterate....the local client mute is for super, ultra dipshits who want to purposefully f your session up.
I've been in a session where these frat boys in a Vermont campus (yes, I traced the IP) thought it was funny to fart and play their shit nylon string acoustic from a laptop and feedback all kinds of shit even at the request of others to stop.

While I do admire that kind of behavior in general, it's more fun when not in a jam, where there is a bit more structure.

That's my reason for creating the local client mute.
It can and will be perverted by egotistical heroes, but the only suggestion I have is everyone be tolerant!

Thanks.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:33 AM   #14
JAH

sounds good. add a vote feature though. to make it fair. say voting enabled with 4 to 6 players. to perma mute or not. otherwise with 2 others in a channel they can simply be muted manually with individual clients. also a vote to mute from being added to a autosong stream. I've been in a few jams with people like you mentioned and everyone would mute the trouble maker, then a few days later on autosong the jam would show up but with that guy on it!! argh!
Old 12-08-2006, 10:12 PM   #15
AndyMc

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllDayLay View Post
You might lose some good, but inexperienced jammers that way.
I agree, we have to be carefull not to start a linch mob, we want more jammers not less.

Kick voting allows self proclaimed gods to start ruling servers and only allow expresion of music they want. Lets not make this another form of IRC.

Maybe though a new commers server with loop back so they can test things out and a help section on how to sovle most common problems.
Tonight some guy had himself on a delay back to himselfs, it took 15 mins and I had him rid of his delay and the difference in his play was clear to hear when he was setup right.

But I do understand why people sometimes would want to kick but what would be better along with the current mute button is a vote to mute a player out of the auto mixdown. This way when its needed people can just all mute then mute them also out of the auto mixdown. But the perosn who is busy jamming and not aware he is causing a problem and carry on jamming and all are happy.
But it should be a high percentage for a pass rate or this coudl be used in the wrong way also.

But for every action u add to a program like this u could be on the recieving end of it one day, it woudlnt be long before it was used in the wrong way.

Last edited by AndyMc; 12-08-2006 at 10:15 PM.
AndyMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 03:25 PM   #16
cryptomail

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMc View Post
I agree, we have to be carefull not to start a linch mob, we want more jammers not less.

Kick voting allows self proclaimed gods to start ruling servers and only allow expresion of music they want. Lets not make this another form of IRC.

Maybe though a new commers server with loop back so they can test things out and a help section on how to sovle most common problems.
Tonight some guy had himself on a delay back to himselfs, it took 15 mins and I had him rid of his delay and the difference in his play was clear to hear when he was setup right.

But I do understand why people sometimes would want to kick but what would be better along with the current mute button is a vote to mute a player out of the auto mixdown. This way when its needed people can just all mute then mute them also out of the auto mixdown. But the perosn who is busy jamming and not aware he is causing a problem and carry on jamming and all are happy.
But it should be a high percentage for a pass rate or this coudl be used in the wrong way also.

But for every action u add to a program like this u could be on the recieving end of it one day, it woudlnt be long before it was used in the wrong way.
agreed.
Local client mute only.