Old 10-30-2017, 07:01 PM   #1
Caelumamittendum
Human being with feelings

Default Demons (prog thing!)

EDIT: New version:

Somewhat old lyrics, but writing, composing and recording was done in some 4-5 hours today, so there's lots of room for improvement, especially vocal wise, which I'm likely gonna do soon. I'm not a singer, just trying my best, and correcting the pitch issues I have with a bit of good old autotune Fake it till you make it!

Also some mix issues, but I mainly just do demos of songs and then maybe one day I'll make some proper mixes when I'm more satisfied with my writing skills

Last edited by Caelumamittendum; 11-04-2017 at 02:09 PM.
Caelumamittendum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 01:05 AM   #2
jeranx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumamittendum View Post

Somewhat old lyrics, but writing, composing and recording was done in some 4-5 hours today, so there's lots of room for improvement, especially vocal wise, which I'm likely gonna do soon. I'm not a singer, just trying my best, and correcting the pitch issues I have with a bit of good old autotune Fake it till you make it!

Also some mix issues, but I mainly just do demos of songs and then maybe one day I'll make some proper mixes when I'm more satisfied with my writing skills
Hi.

Need some improvement probably.

Not a singer but I like your voice, your rhythm too is good, and the strange architecture of the whole piece.

You got something for me.
jeranx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 08:41 PM   #3
Caelumamittendum

Thanks! i appreciate the feedback! I only started singing about half a year ago or so, but haven't really practiced, except for when I'm recording. I recorded this while freezing my arse off, so there's a fair of autotune to correct for bad pitches.

Also, here's an updated version:

Last edited by Caelumamittendum; 11-01-2017 at 03:32 PM.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:11 AM   #4
HugoRibeiroDotCom

I dig this very much. Has a Porcupine Tree-ish kind of vibe which is always a huge plus for me! Very well done!!!

cheers
HugoRibeiroDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 04:07 PM   #5
instinctual jealousy

For something you threw together so quickly I'd say it turned out pretty good. I like the grooves in it particularly. I think with a bit more work it'd be well worth giving it the proper treatment.

If I had more opportunities to sing and practice singing I'd probably be up for giving it a shot myself, but alas, I had enough trouble doing my own stuff!
Old 11-02-2017, 09:06 PM   #6
Caelumamittendum

Quote:
Originally Posted by instinctual jealousy View Post
For something you threw together so quickly I'd say it turned out pretty good. I like the grooves in it particularly. I think with a bit more work it'd be well worth giving it the proper treatment.

If I had more opportunities to sing and practice singing I'd probably be up for giving it a shot myself, but alas, I had enough trouble doing my own stuff!
It was actually very nice writing something so instinctively and fast in that way. Usually I overthink every aspect, but not this time.

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate it