Old 09-13-2019, 06:14 AM   #1
suchatravesty
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper used to win audio competition

https://www.sonarworks.com/blog/prod...eid=aafc74b04f

This is an interesting read.

Is anyone else routing Winamp into Reaper like this? I guess you would use the ReaRoute with ASIO?
Seems like it could be pretty handy for a home entertainment system as well.
suchatravesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 11:19 PM   #2
fred garvin

Yah room correction software is schweet. Did not know the studio stuff would work for cars too.

Winamp does have native VST plugins hosts so not sure Reaper is necessary, also having that level of complexity in a car stereo kinda seems like a PITA, though it seems it's worth it for competitions.

I would probably approach that for a daily driver by getting a car stereo with good EQ, running the software in the car from a laptop or w/e, and recreating the curve in the car stereo EQ... based on my experiences (I've been doing this kind of thing with my stereo for some time now, since before room correction software was a thing AFAIK) I'd expect kinda an 80/20 thing, 80% of the benefit for 20% of the hassle and expense.

Also for those with the budget, I believe there are top of the line units that have this kind of thing available already. As do many midline and up home AV units. But yah good good stuff, highly recommended.
fred garvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 07:43 AM   #3
Fergler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred garvin View Post
Winamp does have native VST plugins hosts so not sure Reaper is necessary, also having that level of complexity in a car stereo kinda seems like a PITA, though it seems it's worth it for competitions.
Sounds like he's using tracks for routing crossovers and sending channels to different speakers. Certainly more complex a setup in winamp.
Fergler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 09:01 AM   #4
suchatravesty

I think it would be cool to use Reaper just for eq, room correction etc., for my home entertainment system.
Probably not the easiest way to do it, but it could be pretty powerful.

Any excuse to play with toys!
suchatravesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 04:17 PM   #5
fred garvin

Weeeeeell...

https://youtu.be/e5PD3lzoAjA
Dude's a bit much but the only thing I could find on the topic.

...and you'll need these...
https://www.thefreewindows.com/2513/...ns-for-winamp/
Where are the file dls you say?? Well you have to click their tweet link first lol.

Does it work? Dunno. Kinda ran out of time and interest before I got it going. Maybe. Good luck!

I miss Winamp. Reaper needs a MP3 player lol... and AVS!! Oooh, maybe that's in v6...
fred garvin is offline   Reply With Quote