Old 09-14-2020, 04:36 PM   #1
dsealer
Human being with feelings

Default East West Composer Cloud

I took the plunge today and purchased the package. I want to try the instruments and see what is usefull to me and then maybe next year purchase the individual instruments instead of the whole Composer Cloud package.
I was wondering if anyone here is using this product. I'd be interested in communicating about it all. I have lots of questions. I have downloaded all the manuals but sometimes I just don't understand things by reading a manual. Talking with others is sometimes more productive for me. Are there any tutorials? I've seen some wall throughs but they don't break things down very well, at least not for me.

Thanks,
Old 09-14-2020, 06:26 PM   #2
UserZero
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsealer View Post
I want to try the instruments and see what is usefull to me and then maybe next year purchase the individual instruments instead of the whole Composer Cloud package.
My brother subscribed to this about a year ago. It seems to be working for him. I get the sense that if it's a reasonable arrangement, the subscription makes sense. I mean, at EW's prices, by the time you've purchased a couple of individual instruments, you've basically paid for a year's service - with access to their entire library of products.

The thing I'm concerned about is bandwidth. I have a 1.25TB cap at the moment and while I wouldn't expect to be downloading GBs of stuff on a regular basis (once you have what you need, the d/l activity will drop off), that initial burst would probably push me over the limit. Still thinking about it...