Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 01-19-2022, 10:06 PM   #1
DarkestNight
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper scarlett solo messed up recordings

My computer is Asus desktop windows 8.1
64 version. Scarlett solo 3rd gen just arrived today by UPS.

forums user "nait" helped me get the audio working earlier to hear the amp plugins. Seems to be working good.

The issue is when recording, what comes out is all messed up and you can't hardly hear it. I have uploaded the recording to my youtube channel for easy viewing.

Thing is I don't know how to get the file here, as this forum "manage attachments" only allows for files 60KB or less and not mp3, I tried the URL and it said youtube invalid. So I have no way of posting the link here on this forum.

Only thing I can do is tell you the name of the video on youtube and to go look it up. My youtube channel is "Nuclear Guitar". And the name of the video is "reaper scarlett messed up recording"
DarkestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 11:17 PM   #2
zeekat

This one?

You need to copy the string after "=" from youtube link between youtube tags, like this:

[youtube]3xoRA36A7J4[/youtube]

As for the example - sounds pretty expected for a amp sim with a ton of distortion, so I dunno, turn down the gain. Even extremely heavy music is using less gain than people think.
Old 01-20-2022, 12:02 AM   #3
DarkestNight

[[[ As for the example - sounds pretty expected for a amp sim with a ton of distortion, so I dunno, turn down the gain. Even extremely heavy music is using less gain than people think. ]]]]

No turning down the gain doesn't fix the issue, that video is not what it sounds like before recording [amplitube was used for that recording].

If need be I can pull out my fender amp and connect USB to computer and click on the amplitube amp and play it and record it with reaper, and show there is a huge difference. So no it's not just you need to turn your distortion down and that is your issue, no sir that is not the issue.

In fact you want a side by side comparison then you just ask and I'll happily record you a video showing audio recording by amplitube playing through Fender Mustang amp recorded by reaper VS playing through focusrite recorded with reaper, and you'll notice a difference, because something is off using the focusrite,something needs to be tweaked/fixed with reaper to record with it.
Old 01-20-2022, 12:18 AM   #4
zeekat

How's the Scarletts input gain set? Are you using Hi-z (instrument) setting? Gain knob isn't cranked up so the red light flashes?
Old 01-20-2022, 01:45 AM   #5
DarkestNight

It's fixed, restarted computer and works fine now [I guess something needed restarted]