Old 10-07-2019, 12:40 AM   #1
hb92
Human being with feelings

Default MCP fixed size

hi. i want to make mixer fader height fixed. can you help me?
hb92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 09:44 AM   #2
foxAsteria

Some more details might help...But you can hold ctrl when adjusting the height of the different sections, to adjust it for all tracks as well.

I would personally love to have an action for applying a default and uniform height/layout to the whole mixer.

Welcome to this place...
Old 10-07-2019, 04:11 PM   #3
hb92

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
Some more details might help...But you can hold ctrl when adjusting the height of the different sections, to adjust it for all tracks as well.

I would personally love to have an action for applying a default and uniform height/layout to the whole mixer.

Welcome to this place...
Thats exactly what i want. I want uniform height/layout to the whole mixer. I want to make a layout with fixed height and don't scale.I kwon that is done with WALTER but i don't know what i must type to WALTER.
hb92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 04:27 PM   #4
foxAsteria

Can't do that with WALTER. The height of the mixer sections is done in Reaper. Like I said, hold control to adjust all the tracks at once. WALTER controls the layout of the elements inside each section.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:24 PM   #5
ramses

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
Can't do that with WALTER. The height of the mixer sections is done in Reaper. Like I said, hold control to adjust all the tracks at once. WALTER controls the layout of the elements inside each section.
Well. It is possible to fix the height of the mcp panels in a theme. I don't remember how to do it though, others will chime in I'm sure.
ramses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:04 PM   #6
technogremlin

White Tie's Imperial and many of the LCS themes have fixed layouts, so maybe check them out how they did it.
technogremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 08:12 AM   #7
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

It is correct that you can't make the mixer window fixed height, that's not how Reaper works. The window size is the boss and the mixer has to conform to it.

However, OP is asking how to make the fader fixed height. This is a much more complicated question than it might sound, as the method will entirely depend on the theme. Fixing the height off the fader will be easy, but something else will have to change size when the panel resizes, or do a 'toosmall' crop. This would possibly be a very convoluted re-write of existing WALTER, but the effect would be to mirror the lack of resizing functionality on beginner level WALTER themes. So if you ever wanted to learn some WALTER, this would be a good second project.

Your first project (EVERYONE'S first project!) should be to make some blank files and do an empty theme with a couple of buttons, get them drawing correctly, resize them, get a feel for how it all hangs together. Once you've understood the basics, make a copy of the theme you're editing, make a new MCP layout, and then just statically place the elements where you want them. If you don't put any resizing logic in, it'll just go wrong if there's not enough space. Shrug well if that's what you want

FWIW I suspect you'll find you don't really want to do any of this, because the results will be ...underwhelming. Could you explain more about what it is you want to achieve? Its possible there is some form of Reaper interaction you don't yet know about that might get it done for you.