Old 10-13-2019, 11:58 AM   #41
euphor
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Jim View Post
I see the issue of the preference options being greyed out too. That happens with various themes and I can't understand why that is and I don't know how to change it. Perhaps you can ask someone who understands WALTER better than I do.
I found out how to enable the options:

manually edit the rtconfig.txt file and leave aside tinttcp and peaksedges like this:

;tinttcp 298
;peaksedges 0
euphor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 09:52 AM   #42
Grim Jim

Default New Update: 20/October/2019

Hey there. I have a new update.

There is a new addition to the collection being a mod of LCS Default 4.0.

And I've updated Alter Ego Grey Xmod and WT Brawn HDnoise Flat.

For LCS Default 4, there aren't any huge changes like new layouts or stuff like that. Instead it is mainly visual improvements. For example, The volume faders are changed and the track name font has been changed too making it much easier on the eye.

For Alter Ego Grey X, the track buttons have been made darker in their off state so that it's easier to tell which buttons are on and which are not.

Full details of the changes can be seen in the updated text file.

All of which can be found by going to post #17 in this thread and clicking the link to the volume 5 collection.
Grim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 12:17 PM   #43
winbe

THANK YOU!!

Why am I discovering your collection only now, I don't know..

I tried many themes, and I am always going back to Funktion or Paulie CLR...
because there are always some details that do not satisfy me.

It seems that for some reason, you have the same tastes and needs as me... I quikly drag'n'dropped your themes directly from the zip... and nearly each one was looking ok... for some of them I have the original ones, and there is always something that made me go back to the same two or three.

So a big thank you for your work!!
Old 11-02-2019, 10:09 AM   #44
Grim Jim

Default New Update 2nd/November/2019

Hey all. New updates made to some existing themes in my collection.

The following themes have been updated...

Fusion RJ to v1.8
Janne Albinos to 1.18
Janne Albinos Untinted to 1.08
And Janne Tronic to 1.15

Mostly for these themes, the changes & improvements have been applied to the alternative transport layouts.

All of which can be found by going to post #17 in this thread and clicking the link to the volume 5 collection.

Quote:
Posted by winbe.

THANK YOU!!

Why am I discovering your collection only now, I don't know..

I tried many themes, and I am always going back to Funktion or Paulie CLR...
because there are always some details that do not satisfy me.

It seems that for some reason, you have the same tastes and needs as me... I quikly drag'n'dropped your themes directly from the zip... and nearly each one was looking ok... for some of them I have the original ones, and there is always something that made me go back to the same two or three.

So a big thank you for your work!!
You're welcome
Old 11-12-2019, 11:32 AM   #45
Grim Jim

Default New Update: 12th/November/2019

Hello again.

I have made new updates to existing themes in the collection. The following themes have been updated...

Janne Albinos to 1.19
Janne Albinos Untinted to 1.09
Tracks Extended to 2.05
And Janne Tronic to 1.16

For the Janne themes, I've fixed a visual bug in the transport layouts (a visual bug that i've been trying to fix for a while so I finally figured out the cause) so now they are technically flawless (in my opinion).

And for Tracks Extended, I've added a new darker envelope panel layout.

All of which can be found by going to the link to the volume 5 collection in post #17 in this thread.

PS. I have just updated the Fusion RJ theme edit to 1.9 which the transport has been fixed/improved.

Last edited by Grim Jim; 11-12-2019 at 03:22 PM. Reason: updated fusion theme
Old 11-23-2019, 09:40 AM   #46
euphor

Hey Jim,

Is there any posibility to modify InsQuasar to enable tint TCP tracks (transparence bg?), without a gray layer?

Next thing i would like to know how to change the peak color from white to dark.

I appreciate it alot. Thanks.

Allright, i just did it by my own.

Here are the two files for background and all the other modifications are possible by the SSW theme helper tool.
Attached Images
File Type: png tcp_bg.png (158 Bytes, 493 views)
File Type: png tcp_bgsel.png (165 Bytes, 454 views)

Last edited by euphor; 11-23-2019 at 12:40 PM.
Old 11-23-2019, 01:33 PM   #47
Grim Jim

Default New Update: November/23rd/2019

Hey all, I have made updates to some themes in the collection and they are as follows...

GrayGround Extended to 1.25
Janne Albinos (tinted & un-tinted versions) to 1.20 and 1.10 respectively.
And Funktion: Funktional Edition to 1.09

For GrayGround, I've added some new track layouts which have volume, pan & width controls on the track panels. Therefore adding more flexibility to the theme.

For Janne Albinos (both versions), I've ironed out some visual kinks and added a new look folder indent on the tracks.

And for Funktion, I've fixed an issue with the pan knob on the default track panel layout as well as ironing out visual kinks too, making it look better and more complete.

All of which can be found by going to the dropbox link in post #17 in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by euphor View Post
Hey Jim,

Is there any posibility to modify InsQuasar to enable tint TCP tracks (transparence bg?), without a gray layer?

Next thing i would like to know how to change the peak color from white to dark.

I appreciate it alot. Thanks.

Allright, i just did it by my own.

Here are the two files for background and all the other modifications are possible by the SSW theme helper tool.
With peaks, do you mean the peaks in the media items? For most themes, you can go into the theme tweak/configuration window (searching it in the actions list) to make the item peaks light or dark when selected.
Old 11-24-2019, 05:57 AM   #48
X-Tech

I like greyhound theme most.
Please upgrade that theme with two options.

1: Ability to control volume, pan, width at tracks with minimal size with full meters visible. Yes small, clear + metring with full control is most amazing alawys.

2: Ability to Track in Mixer - with volume , pan , knob , witdht with full metering , routing and fx. very small if possible too. not wide tracks version - narrow - small as possible/ and wide size of track version.

and yeah this metering of peaks bar inside mixer tracks. would be amazing if when crossing into each -6 db divide part would get sharp color change in each section.
to easy know in which db area is actually that meter. different for each area .

Most themes lacks of these options. I like simplicity and sharpness.

Last edited by X-Tech; 11-24-2019 at 06:12 AM.
X-Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 07:24 AM   #49
SmajjL

that Pri3s7 guy seems to have fun and maby under the radar.
Time for a stash LAP.

SmajjL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 11:17 AM   #50
Grim Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Tech View Post
I like greyhound theme most.
Please upgrade that theme with two options.

1: Ability to control volume, pan, width at tracks with minimal size with full meters visible. Yes small, clear + metring with full control is most amazing alawys.

2: Ability to Track in Mixer - with volume , pan , knob , witdht with full metering , routing and fx. very small if possible too. not wide tracks version - narrow - small as possible/ and wide size of track version.

and yeah this metering of peaks bar inside mixer tracks. would be amazing if when crossing into each -6 db divide part would get sharp color change in each section.

Most themes lacks of these options. I like simplicity and sharpness.
1: By metering, do you mean the just the meters or do you mean the knobs/faders too? If i shrink the faders from their original size, the images will look a little more blurry (unless you're okay with that).

2: So a mixer layout with all the controls and as narrow as possible?

Quote:
That sounds kind of hard to do. Do you know of any existing themes that do that?

I'll see what I can do anyway. If I manage to get it done, I'll let you know when. Meanwhile, just be patient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmajjL View Post
that Pri3s7 guy seems to have fun and maby under the radar.
Time for a stash LAP.
U wot m8?
Old 11-26-2019, 08:40 AM   #51
Grim Jim

Default Test post

This is a test post to see if my new signature shows up..

Edit: And so it does. Ok. Now you can access my theme mods just by clicking the link in my signature.
Old 12-06-2019, 10:32 AM   #52
Grim Jim

Default New Update: 12/December/2019

Hey all, I have a new update. I'll explain this in 3 points....

Firstly, I have updated the following themes..

Default 5 Hybrid Edition to 1.9
Am Janne 2017 to 1.04
Realax Extended to 1.05
Janne Albinos to 1.21 and the untinted version to 1.11
And Tracks Extended to 2.06

For Realax, I've added a new track layout with volume & pan controls on the track panel and a master track panel layout also with volume controls.
For the rest of them it's mainly fixes and improvements.

Secondly, By request from a guy in a private message, I have updated Alter Ego 5 (cubase) to 1.07 and added some new scalable mixer layouts & a scalable master mixer layout too. These can be found by going to the layout options and finding those layouts in there.

And Thirdly, By the request of X-Tech, who wanted me to add layouts to the tracks in Grayground, where the track panel has all the controls (including meter) displayed when the track is at minimum size and the same with the mixer. So I have added those new layouts and named the upload "Grayground Extended - X-tech Edition"
To find these layouts, read what I've said in the "Secondly" part. The same applies to this one too. When you've found them, you gotta stretch the tracks pretty far so see all the controls.

Quote:
As for the metering thing you asked for, that's not possible so I couldn't do it.

Anyway, All of these themes (including the accompanying text file with the details) can be found by clicking the link in my signature. Check them out and enjoy
Old 12-11-2019, 06:44 AM   #53
rogpfreck

Default Great collection

My favourite:

Tracks Extended v2.07, a great simple light theme.

Thanks!
rogpfreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 10:13 AM   #54
Grim Jim

Default New Update: 11/December/2019

Hey all. I have a new update. The following themes have been updated...

Alter Ego Grey X to 1.16

Apollo Indent to 1.18

Fusion RJ to 1.10

Realax Extended to 1.06

Hydra to 1.06

and Tracks Extended to 2.08

For Alter Ego Grey X, I've made a new alternative envelope layout. For Hydra, I've added a new mixer layout which is a larger version of the meterbridge layout. And I've also made the track lanes a much lighter shade of grey.

As for the rest of them, it's mainly fixes & improvements.

All of which can be found by clicking the link in my signature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogpfreck View Post
My favourite:

Tracks Extended v2.07, a great simple light theme.

Thanks!
I've just released the latest version 2.08 with fixes & improvements. Be sure to download it

Last edited by Grim Jim; 12-11-2019 at 10:22 AM.
Old 12-18-2019, 08:18 AM   #55
Grim Jim

Default New Update: 18/December/2019

Hey there. I have updated Funktion: Funktional edition to 1.10 in which I have fixed an issue related the folder icon in the mixer.

And I've also updated GrayGround Extended and Fusion RJ to the latest versions too.

Be sure to check these out and more in the link in my signature.
Old 12-23-2019, 01:27 PM   #56
Grim Jim

Default New Update: 23/December/2019

Ho ho ho...um.. Anyway, I have an early Christmas present for you all in the form of an new update.

Two themes have been updated and those are Default 5 Hybrid Edition and Funktion: Funktional Edition.

For Default5 Hybrid, I've made a whole host of visual improvements to make it look cleaner and easier on the eye. There are two versions of this theme. One with the same track colours as the original default and one with more saturated track colors. The one with the saturated colors is the one on the Stash.

And for Funktion, I have added some new condensed track layouts and some fixes.

Both of these themes can be found on the Stash. You can also find them in my volume 5 collection in the link in my signature.

Merry Christmas!
Old 02-03-2020, 07:45 AM   #57
Grim Jim

Default New Update: 3/February/2020

I have added a new theme to the collection. This one is a mod of the Paulie 5 theme.

For this one, I have made improvements to some of the track buttons for greater clarity like the FX and monitoring buttons so it's much easier to tell between their on & off states. I have also added some new layouts including track, mixer and transport layouts. And I've made the arrange view a lot darker.

Also, I've made a small update to the HYDRA theme.

Full details of the theme mods can be found in the included text file.

All of which can be found in the link in my signature.
Old 03-03-2020, 11:17 AM   #58
Grim Jim

Default New Update 3rd/March/2020

Hey all. New update here. The following themes have been updated...

Alter Ego Grey X to v.1.17

Apollo Indent to v.1.20

Default 5 Hybrid Edition (both versions) to 2.03

And Paulie 5 mod to 1.06

All have had fixes & improvements.

For Paulie and Apollo, I have added some new minimal track layouts.

All of which can be found by going to the dropbox link in my signature.
Old 03-03-2020, 11:41 AM   #59
mikostep

Hi Jim.
I have request if it is possible.
Could you add sidebar track with just fx inswrts, sends and routings in MCP in Superior theme?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Teq...ew?usp=sharing

Here is the picture of arrange view and mixer opened in one window.
This is Superior theme modded by you with added Low sidebar. Now, that left side of the sidebar with meter, fader, solo, mute etc is not necessary.
mikostep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 11:57 AM   #60
Grim Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikostep View Post
Hi Jim.
I have request if it is possible.
Could you add sidebar track with just fx inswrts, sends and routings in MCP in Superior theme?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Teq...ew?usp=sharing

Here is the picture of arrange view and mixer opened in one window.
This is Superior theme modded by you with added Low sidebar. Now, that left side of the sidebar with meter, fader, solo, mute etc is not necessary.
Sure, I can give it a try. Give me about a day or two and I'll upload it when it's done. Then I can let you know when I upload it.
Old 03-03-2020, 12:32 PM   #61
mikostep

Great.
Many thanks.
Old 03-04-2020, 11:48 AM   #62
Grim Jim

Default New Update 4th/March/2020

Quote:
Great.
Many thanks.
I have updated the Superior Th3me mod to version 1.02 with a new inserts & sends only layout simply named "FX Rack", as requested.

Also, I've updated Greyground Extended to 1.27 featuring some new track & mixer layouts.

Both of these themes & and the included text file with the details can be found in the link in my signature below. Enjoy

Note: If anyone else wants to make a request, keep in mind that I'm still using REAPER 5 so please don't request anything REAPER 6 related.

Last edited by Grim Jim; 03-04-2020 at 11:57 AM.
Old 03-05-2020, 12:35 AM   #63
mikostep

Very nice. Many thanks for this.
Old 03-05-2020, 01:19 PM   #64
Grim Jim

Quote:
Very nice. Many thanks for this.
You're welcome.

Also, I've just updated the Tracks Extended theme to 2.09 with fixes and improvements.

So if anyone is using that theme, download the latest version in the link in my signature.
Old 03-08-2020, 05:32 AM   #65
Keepitsimple

Thank for for those constant updates. It made me discover a hidden gem: Apollo Indent. Beautiful looking theme with an analog yet modern feel and nice subtle colors. It's now my default.
Keepitsimple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 09:56 AM   #66
Grim Jim

Default New Update: 19/April/2020

Hey all. New update here. No new themes this time but I have updated two existing themes in the collection.

Konzentration to 1.17

And Tronic 5 Dark Extended to 1.09

For both, it's mainly just visual improvements & ironing out some visual flaws.

You can download these and more by going to the link in my signature.
Old 05-03-2020, 10:34 AM   #67
euphor

Quote:
Hey all. New update here. No new themes this time but I have updated two existing themes in the collection.

Konzentration to 1.17

And Tronic 5 Dark Extended to 1.09

For both, it's mainly just visual improvements & ironing out some visual flaws.

You can download these and more by going to the link in my signature.
Thanks for updating Konzentration! A Theme I was looking a long time for! Flat and very easy on the eyes, love it. I tweak it until the theme became darker and more versatile. Kinda mix it with Inquasar.

Just on thing i would love to ask for. Could you design an alternative FX Button? tried it, but it didnt work out :/ dont know why, but the first button is allright, but the next one when hovering over is moving to the right..

and than the second fx button for pre fx irritates me. maybe its possible to move it somewhere else? would you tell me, where to find these settings?

And another little but annoying thing is, the very tiny Line under the fold out Menu, to put tracks in group tracks.

Would it be possible just to make it visible, whem the track is zoomed out?

Last edited by euphor; 05-03-2020 at 10:52 AM.
Old 05-04-2020, 07:36 AM   #68
Grim Jim

Quote:
Thanks for updating Konzentration! A Theme I was looking a long time for! Flat and very easy on the eyes, love it. I tweak it until the theme became darker and more versatile. Kinda mix it with Inquasar.
Quote:
Just on thing i would love to ask for. Could you design an alternative FX Button? tried it, but it didnt work out :/ dont know why, but the first button is allright, but the next one when hovering over is moving to the right..

I like the look of that FX button. As for the issue of the FX button moving right. I'd have to see it for myself. So maybe if you could upload your theme mod somewhere (like Dropbox or somewhere else) so I could download it and see for myself.

Quote:
and than the second fx button for pre fx irritates me. maybe its possible to move it somewhere else? would you tell me, where to find these settings?
For the input pre-FX button, Open up the rtconfig file and look in the track layouts section. There should be a line that says set tcp.fxin and some numbers in [brackets]. change the numbers to move it around. Or you could get rid of it completely by changing the numbers to just [0]

Quote:
And another little but annoying thing is, the very tiny Line under the fold out Menu, to put tracks in group tracks.

Would it be possible just to make it visible, whem the track is zoomed out?
Are you referring to the folder icon or the folder compacter icon or both?

Or do you mean the thin black vertical line?
Old 05-05-2020, 01:00 AM   #69
euphor

Quote:
I like the look of that FX button. As for the issue of the FX button moving right. I'd have to see it for myself. So maybe if you could upload your theme mod somewhere (like Dropbox or somewhere else) so I could download it and see for myself.

For the input pre-FX button, Open up the rtconfig file and look in the track layouts section. There should be a line that says set tcp.fxin and some numbers in [brackets]. change the numbers to move it around. Or you could get rid of it completely by changing the numbers to just [0]

Are you referring to the folder icon or the folder compacter icon or both?

Or do you mean the thin black vertical line?
Hey Jim.

Here's my Button:
(maybe the coloring is a bit too dark..)

And yes, i mean the the folder compacter. due to the small size it often happens that you click next to the collapse icon and click the line instead.
Old 05-06-2020, 09:15 AM   #70
Grim Jim

Default New Update: 6th/May/2020

New update time. I have updated the tinted and un-tinted versions of the Janne V theme to 1.07.

Just fixes a few visual flaws.

Both themes can be found by going to the link in my sig.

Quote:
Hey Jim.

Here's my Button:
(maybe the coloring is a bit too dark..)

And yes, i mean the the folder compacter. due to the small size it often happens that you click next to the collapse icon and click the line instead.
I have tried to fix & improve the FX button as much as I could. You can find it attached to this post.

As for the track folder icon (the line), you can look for the "set tcp.folder" line in the track layouts in the theme's rtconfig and type in h<52 [0] before the the rest of the numbers. This will hide the folder icon when the track is shrunken down.

Or you could use the rtconfig file that I've attached in this post which has those settings already put in.

Hope that helps.
Attached Images
File Type: png track_fx_empty.png (6.0 KB, 326 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt rtconfig.txt (52.3 KB, 311 views)
Old 05-07-2020, 09:08 AM   #71
euphor

Quote:
New update time. I have updated the tinted and un-tinted versions of the Janne V theme to 1.07.

Just fixes a few visual flaws.

Both themes can be found by going to the link in my sig.

I have tried to fix & improve the FX button as much as I could. You can find it attached to this post.

As for the track folder icon (the line), you can look for the "set tcp.folder" line in the track layouts in the theme's rtconfig and type in h<52 [0] before the the rest of the numbers. This will hide the folder icon when the track is shrunken down.

Or you could use the rtconfig file that I've attached in this post which has those settings already put in.

Hope that helps.
Thanks so much for your kind effort and time, these litte modification are very helpful. I'm so happy,.. cheers man!
Old 05-07-2020, 10:57 PM   #72
myfeltgood

You are good...that WT Brawn theme is amazing!
myfeltgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 12:41 PM   #73
Grim Jim

Default New Update: 10th/May/2020

Hey all. New update here. This time, I have updated a few existing themes and I've added two new additions to the collection.

First up...

Tronic 5 Dark updated to 1.10

And the 1st new addition is Tronic 5 Light which has all the same changes & layouts as the dark version but it's lighter & brighter.

The 2nd new addition is basically the dark version of Instrument 2. For this one I've added a Sidebar mixer layout and that's about all I've done with that one.

Also updated are the following...

Default 5 Hybrid Edition (both versions) to 2.04

GreyGround Extended to 1.28

All of these (and the updated text file) can be found by going to the Dropbox link in my signature.
Old 06-05-2020, 04:30 PM   #74
Grim Jim

Default New Update: between 5th or 6th of June/2020

Just letting you al know that I have updated Funktion: Funktional Edition to 1.14

For this one I've just changed & corrected the I/O routing window text to white to make it stand out properly from the I/O window background. Just a small change to fix an oversight.

You can download the updated theme by going to the link in my signature. You can also find my other works there too.
Old 06-27-2020, 07:03 AM   #75
Grim Jim

Default New Update: 27/June/2020

Hey all. I have added a new theme to the collection. This one is an edit of LCS ReFraction.

The changes I've made include tweaking some of the track , mixer and transport buttons for improved visibility and consistency. Full details of the changes can be read in the included text file.

The theme and the text file (and all the other themes) can found by going to the link in my signature.
Old 09-19-2020, 10:08 AM   #76
Grim Jim

Default New Update 19/September/2020

Hey everyone. New updates added and one new additional theme.

Firstly, the Fusion RJ theme has been updated to 1.13. I have added ShyMeter layouts that don't have scales as well as the ones that do.
And I've fixed a few font related issues.

Secondly, I've updated AlterEgo Cubase to v2.0. For this one I've added some tinted versions of the track & mixer layouts.

And Lastly, I have added my own take on Mordi's FL Studio theme. For my version I've added a sidebar mixer layout as well as improving the contrast of various elements of the theme.

All of these themes and more can be found in the link in my signature below.
Old 09-30-2020, 11:36 AM   #77
Grim Jim

Default New Update 30/September/2020

Hello again. I have a update and one new theme added to the collection.

The new theme is a mod of Instrument 4. For this one, I've added some alternative mixer layouts.

Also, the following themes have been updated...

Janne Albinos to 1.22 (and the un-tinted version to 1.12)

Janne Tronic to 1.17

Tracks Extended to 2.10

Tronic 5 Dark to 1.12

and Tronic 5 Light to 1.02

For Tracks Extended, I've fixed the issue involving the track names when the track panels were collapsed to minimum height.

All of these themes and more can be downloaded by going to the link in my signature below.
Old 10-06-2020, 12:03 PM   #78
Grim Jim

Default New Update: 6th/October/2020

Hey all. New update again. The following themes have been updated...

Alter Ego Grey X to 1.18

And Paulie 5 to 1.08

For Paulie, I have added a new track layout named "Minimal 3" which has a vertical meter unlike the other minimal track layouts.

And for Alter Ego, I've just improved the look of the MIDI Editor grid lines.

These themes and more can be downloaded by going to the link in my signature.
Old 10-08-2020, 11:09 PM   #79
laroma

Default Thx

I've been Reaper user for some time, after moved from Pro Tools 8. Wen't to use Ableton few years ago, but getting back to Reaper. Thanks for the INQUASAR Dark Matter mod!
laroma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 11:58 AM   #80
Grim Jim

Default New Update: 27th/October/2020

Just to let you know, I have updated the Apollo_Indent theme to 1.21

For this one, the knobs on the "Minimal" track layouts have been adjusted & aligned more correctly and the track names have a bit more contrast.

That is all, this time. So be sure to download the latest version of Apollo_Indent and all the other themes by going to the link in my sig.

Have a Happy Halloween