Old 04-16-2021, 09:58 AM   #1
ggrey
Human being with feelings

Default Adjusting speed and pitch

I checked the Reaper online manual with no luck so I am hoping someone out there has an answer. Thanks in advance.

I need to increase the speed by approx 1 to 2% of the last 45 seconds of a 2 min 45 sec song, but retain the original pitch so that the increased speed area's pitch matches the first 2 min. Hope that makes sense.

I need to do this because after the song was near completion, I decided a new ending was in order and so I edited part of the middle 8 on as an outro. The edits turned out great, but upon listening to the entire track there is a slight lag in timing between the first 2 min and the last 45 seconds. I am usually pretty good at timing, ha! But not this time and I do not want to start again and play to a computer track.

No click track was used and the song is mostly all acoustic in nature and consists of about 12 tracks all played live.

"Help me if you can I'm feeling down..." :-)
ggrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 12:07 PM   #2
jrk

You might try showing the master track, playrate envelope, and tweak it. You'd want to
"Preserve pitch in audio items when changing master playrate" (right click on the playrate slider).
Old 04-16-2021, 01:25 PM   #3
ggrey

Thanks jrk! I will give that a try. After surfing the web I am looking into the possible use of stretch markers. Although, the manual's description of their use does not address my specific need. But I'll give both a shot and report back.
Old 04-17-2021, 07:40 AM   #4
ggrey

Worked like a charm jrk! ....View the master track, checked retain pitch, brought up the tempo envelope, and added two points to the line right at the point of speed increase. The track was set to 160bpm and I raised the second point to 164.something.

Many thanks!!
Old 04-17-2021, 01:37 PM   #5
jrk

Cool. Glad you got it sorted.