Old 11-01-2019, 09:51 PM   #1
Cranky Emu
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper & Arturia

Hi All;

Recently got an Arturia Keylab Essential (61). Sounds work fine both stand-alone and via VSTi in Reaper.

Today I thought I would get adventurous and attempt to get the transport controls to work.

In Controls/OSC options I added the Arturia, MCU MIDI2IN/OUT. See pic for better explanation:

Even though the message pops up and says it cannot be opened, as I said all transport controls on the Arturia work, with the exception of 'PUNCH', why am I getting this message every time I hit a transport key on the Arturia?

Note: This is the first time I have done anything with MIDI and External controllers, so do not get to hi-tech with responses, I don't know all the tech-talk associated with this stuff yet. Still very much learning!
Old 11-02-2019, 04:05 AM   #2
Regisfofo

MidiIn2 and MidiOut2 must be the same hardware channel as MCU on your keyboard. So it cannot be used as control surface and midi device at the same time.
If you Use MCU conrol disable those in midi devices and you won't see that pop up (or just tick the 'do not show this window again' box... )
Regisfofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 06:23 PM   #3
Cranky Emu

Thanks, got it sorted now - thank to Jon Tidey and yourself. Disabled those MIDI2 IN/OUT's in the devices and all works well. Happy wombat now.