Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 11-14-2019, 02:52 AM   #1
hexSPA
Human being with feelings

Default Markers Stay at Bar When Changing Time Signature

Does anyone know if reaper can keep markers at their bar-based location when changing the time signature?

I've set up a template in 4/4 with markers at bars 1, 9, etc. However, when I change the time signature to 3/4, the markers stay 32 quarter notes apart - 8 measures of 4/4 - instead of compressing down to 24 quarter note distances.

I toggled Project Settings -> timebase for items/envelopes/markers among the three options but the two beats settings only make them retain their bar-based position when changing tempo.

If not possible, it would be cool to have that option.

Thanks.
hexSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 10:59 PM   #2
hexSPA

Default Timeline Seeks When Changing Tempo

When changing tempo, an increase makes the timeline appear to compress but then you're no longer seeing your playback cursor. In other words, going from 80bpm to 140bpm via the global tempo field and you're now looking at a later measure - possibly silence if there are no Items there.

Is there a preference to keep the view 'pinned' to the playback cursor whenever changing tempo? If not, can we have that please?

Thanks.
Old 02-19-2020, 03:42 AM   #3
hexSPA

Just want to bump this. I'd really like if reaper would maintain relative marker positions when changing time signature. Also, if the arrangement view wouldn't move when I change the tempo.

Alternatively, if anyone knows what settings to change to make these things happen then all the better.

Thanks.