Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 09-10-2018, 10:22 AM   #41
phunkyg
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subers View Post
That's what gives the end of the process:

pcap.obj : warning LNK4197: export 'initpcap' specified multiple times; using first specification
Creating library build\temp.win-amd64-2.7\Release\pcap.lib and object build\temp.win-amd64-2.7\Release\pcap.exp
pcap.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_freecode referenced in function __pyx_pf_4pcap_3bpf_4__dealloc__
pcap.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_close referenced in function __pyx_pf_4pcap_4pcap_32__dealloc__
pcap.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol bpf_filter referenced in function __pyx_pf_4pcap_3bpf_2filter
pcap.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_snapshot referenced in function __pyx_pf_4pcap_4pcap_7snaplen___get__
pcap.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_datalink referenced in function __pyx_pf_4pcap_4pcap_12datalink
pcap.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_geterr referenced in function __pyx_pf_4pcap_4pcap_24geterr
pcap.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_stats referenced in function __pyx_pf_4pcap_4pcap_26stats
pcap.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_freealldevs referenced in function __pyx_pf_4pcap_4findalldevs
pcap_ex.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol pcap_freealldevs
pcap.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_findalldevs referenced in function __pyx_pf_4pcap_4findalldevs
pcap_ex.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol pcap_findalldevs
pcap.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_lookupnet referenced in function __pyx_pf_4pcap_6lookupnet
pcap.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_open_live referenced in function __pyx_pf_4pcap_4pcap___init__
pcap.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_open_offline referenced in function __pyx_pf_4pcap_4pcap___init__
pcap.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_setfilter referenced in function __pyx_pf_4pcap_4pcap_4setfilter
pcap.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_compile referenced in function __pyx_pf_4pcap_4pcap_4setfilter
pcap.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_dispatch referenced in function __pyx_pf_4pcap_4pcap_18dispatch
pcap.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_sendpacket referenced in function __pyx_pf_4pcap_4pcap_22sendpacket
pcap_ex.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_setmintocopy referenced in function pcap_ex_immediate
pcap_ex.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_getevent referenced in function pcap_ex_fileno
pcap_ex.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_setdirection referenced in function pcap_ex_setdirection
pcap_ex.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_setnonblock referenced in function pcap_ex_setnonblock
pcap_ex.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_getnonblock referenced in function pcap_ex_getnonblock
pcap_ex.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_next_ex referenced in function pcap_ex_next
pcap_ex.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol pcap_compile_nopcap referenced in function pcap_ex_compile_nopcap
build\lib.win-amd64-2.7\pcap.pyd : fatal error LNK1120: 23 unresolved externals
error: command 'C:\\Users\\Subers\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Comm on\\Microsoft\\Visual C++ for Python\\9.0\\VC\\Bin\\amd64\\link.exe' failed with exit status 1120

Hi subers,

Just to let you know I did give this all a run through the other night and the installation worked fine for me.
That doesn't mean anything really, because I have done it on this windowz installtion before, so there might be a missing step somewhere I'm just not remembering and didn't reach the document.
I am trying to find a clean install then I am going to test the process and try to script it with powershell or something.
phunkyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 06:42 AM   #42
phunkyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subers View Post
In step
C:\Users\Public\Downloads\ReaControl24\install\pyp cap-1.2.0> python setup.py install
issues
pcap.h not found
Hi again Subers.

I started again with a fresh Windows 10 install and stepped through the process as it was documented. There is a step missing, in that the NPcap site has 2 downloads, and a specific instruction pertaining to the 2nd. Without it, you would most certainly get the pcap.h not found message, because that comes from this download.

I am wrestling with the github a little bit, but could I direct you to the updated document, and see if you could give it a go?

Basically follow the README.md instructions found in THIS branch: https://github.com/phasewalker18/Rea...e/DEV_Mappings

But please don't download this branch, there is a new release here: https://github.com/phasewalker18/Rea...ses/tag/v1.1.1

I've also shot a video of the process, but that's a WIP at the moment as it will need some editing, and hosting, and... bah... things are never easy!

Let me know how you get on, either here or via the github issue page: https://github.com/phasewalker18/ReaControl24/issues/3
Old 09-19-2018, 08:17 AM   #43
Subers

Hi phunkyg,

Thank you! In the next few days I'll try! Will write how it went.
Subers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 02:29 AM   #44
phunkyg

Default THREAD CLOSING - PLEASE VISIT THE NEW ONE

Hi all,

Please visit the new thread here for the latest on ReaControl24.

I'm retiring this one as I cannot update the original links posted by phasewalker.