* Includes feature branch: render normalization
* Includes feature branch: MIDI editor note reordering
* Includes feature branch: media item lanes
* Includes feature branch: EEL2 x86_64/SSE
* Includes feature branch: VST3 bridging
+ Mixer: add option to display LUFS-S current rather than max value
+ Video: option to choose which monitor is used for fullscreen display
# Render: fix incorrect rounding of near-silence [p=2453577]
# Render: use project name as (unused but displayed) target file name when dry run rendering master mix

Full changelog / Latest pre-releases
Edgemeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 01:13 PM   #2
musicbynumbers
Human being with feelings

Thanks! That could come in useful for sure!
Old 06-12-2021, 01:33 PM   #3
ovnis

The offset overlapping is a great idea, but we can't read very well the item title when we are at 100%.

It would be great if 100% is exactly like the old item overlapping display.

Thx you!

Last edited by ovnis; 06-12-2021 at 01:54 PM.
ovnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 01:55 PM   #4
Phazma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgemeal View Post
Thanks, seems fixed now.

Not sure if related in any way but perhaps the unnecessary drawing of a pixel around near-silent parts when "Draw edges on peaks" is active can also be eliminated? https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=2273921

Anyway.. enough of my nitpicking and derailing.. really excited about this Reaper update, lots of useful stuff for me! Can't wait until it will be released officially
Phazma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 02:15 PM   #5
Funkybot

I think someone mentioned this a few dev builds ago but it's been happening here too:

1. Windows x64
2. Run installer
3. Check "Portable Install" box
4. Select portable install folder
5. Click Next

Occasional Result: it's like I hit the back button on the installer, and I'm back on the license agreement page.

Expected Result: next screen with file associations appears.

To resolve: I sometimes have to go back and forth a few times until it takes. Usually by the second or third time it's good. Sometimes it doesn't happen at all.

Pretty minor.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 02:53 PM   #6
Daodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovnis View Post
+1. Would be great. I guess many will prefer the old style.
Daodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 03:12 PM   #7
MrTsonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovnis View Post

The offset overlapping is a great idea, but we can't read very well the item title when we are at 100%.

Thx you!
It doesn't always look bad, but it's like a mistake.

MrTsonts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 06:31 PM   #8
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
I think someone mentioned this a few dev builds ago but it's been happening here too:

1. Windows x64
2. Run installer
3. Check "Portable Install" box
4. Select portable install folder
5. Click Next

Occasional Result: it's like I hit the back button on the installer, and I'm back on the license agreement page.

Expected Result: next screen with file associations appears.

To resolve: I sometimes have to go back and forth a few times until it takes. Usually by the second or third time it's good. Sometimes it doesn't happen at all.

Pretty minor.
Does it also happen, when you type in the path? I usually type it in by hand and never saw this happen...

On vacation for the time being...
Meo-Ada Mespotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 07:49 PM   #9
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meo-Ada Mespotine View Post
Does it also happen, when you type in the path? I usually type it in by hand and never saw this happen...
I started to type and allowed it to auto-complete earlier today then had this happen again. Usually I select the path though.

I've seriously questioned whether I'm just missing the mouse and hitting the back button but I've been going a little slower and trying to be more deliberate these days.

Hopefully it's not just me. Nothing weird about my setup (e.g. 100% DPI scaling in Windows).

Note: I am doing two installs in quick succession. One a normal Reaper install, then I'll open the installer again from whatever temp folder my browser puts it in and do a second, portable install. And I tend to rush through both processes if I'm being honest.
Old 06-13-2021, 03:22 AM   #10
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgemeal View Post
v6.29+dev0612 - June 12 2021

+ Mixer: add option to display LUFS-S current rather than max value
Thanks!
A wish now, is to be able to set a bigger Walter font for loudness (rms readout) on the mixer master, e.g. master.mcp.meter.rmsreadout.font

Quote:
Excellent

Quote:
Waveform drawing looks correct now, still wondering why some jsfx would cause this on one side only.
PhelixK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 08:53 AM   #11
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
I started to type and allowed it to auto-complete earlier today then had this happen again. Usually I select the path though.

I've seriously questioned whether I'm just missing the mouse and hitting the back button but I've been going a little slower and trying to be more deliberate these days.

Hopefully it's not just me. Nothing weird about my setup (e.g. 100% DPI scaling in Windows).

Note: I am doing two installs in quick succession. One a normal Reaper install, then I'll open the installer again from whatever temp folder my browser puts it in and do a second, portable install. And I tend to rush through both processes if I'm being honest.
Could you try to record the installation procedure using LiceCap? If you accidentally hit a mouse button, it will be seeable in the gif. If not, the devs could see from it, how to possibly reproduce it.

On vacation for the time being...
Meo-Ada Mespotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 10:37 AM   #12
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meo-Ada Mespotine View Post
Could you try to record the installation procedure using LiceCap? If you accidentally hit a mouse button, it will be seeable in the gif. If not, the devs could see from it, how to possibly reproduce it.
Totally driving me nuts. Can't reproduce when I try. Maybe I am hitting the back button and just not realizing it. Will continue to monitor.
Old 06-16-2021, 04:45 PM   #13
Klangfarben

Wasn't quite sure which dev thread to post this in, but regarding the new rendering normalization features, I wanted to again request an option when rendering Master + Stems to analyze the master and normalize to the target volume and then increase all the stems by the same amount. Rather than rendering the master and normalizing each stem individually to the target volume.

The use case for this is normally for film, when we deliver stems, we deliver them at relative volume. What that means is when you put each stem at a default volume of 0 and play them, they will be the exact same volume/same balance as the master stem. That way, mixers can start with your stems all at 0 and adjust from there. Rather than normalizing each individual stem to the target and the balances being different from the master and then having to do detective work to get balances similar. It is a huge timesaver and usually results in the mix being closer to what the composer intended.

This is how most stems are delivered for film and television and it would be a great benefit to be able to render the master to a specific target and increase the stems by the same amount to preserve the relative balances of all the stem tracks. This wouldn't be hard to do I'm guessing and if presented as a check box in the render or normalization windows would not affect other users. And this would only be used when rendering Master + Stems.

Thanks for your consideration and thanks so much for the work you've put in on this. I think most users are really happy with how this is turning out.
Klangfarben is offline   Reply With Quote