Old 10-12-2017, 01:57 PM   #1
Musicman112
Human being with feelings

Default Help with Battery4 routing

Hello!

I'm having troubles routing Battery after my desires. I'm quite a noob at this routing stuff. Simple sidechaining and the likes is fine but this is too hard for me. I've searched some forum threads here but doesn't quite get the answer I want. My question is: Is this possible in reaper?

I want a parent track with the battery4 plugin on it. In this "master track" I want to be able to program midi that will trigger separate child tracks. The child tracks should recieve audio from the separate drum sound from the Parent track.

So for ex: Child track one gets audio from the kick and if I put an eq on that one it will effect only that channel.

Parent (Drum Master track - midi)
Child track 1: Kick - audio
Child track 2: Snare - audio
Child track 3: Hihat 1 - audio
Child track 4: Hihat 2 - audio

and so on....

If I then want to put a compressor on the entire kit I just do it on the parent track. And I can also put a compressor on the kick alone by putting it on the child track..
Musicman112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 04:44 PM   #2
jeranx

Hi there. I think you got everything explain there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4IHvxrdEGg

Bye
jeranx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 09:21 AM   #3
ashcat_lt

This can't work without enabling feedback routing which messes up PDC. Everybody thinks they want to do it this way, but it doesn't really make much sense to me. You can put all of the tracks in a folder, but the parent track should just be for organization and "drum bus" purposes. Put Battery on one of the child tracks or even some track outside the folder, but not on the parent.
ashcat_lt is online now   Reply With Quote