Old 01-25-2018, 01:02 PM   #1121
Jeffsounds
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertxxxx View Post
If you are going to have the mixer docked on the left, I advise the inspector ... I like it better.
Ok, will the Inspector stay the same no matter what channel/track you click on for focus? I mean, if I click on another track, the Inspector will remain only it will now show the new track info, correct?
Old 01-25-2018, 01:10 PM   #1122
albertxxxx

yes, but you have to adjust the width well, go testing with several tracks ...

view image:
check that I have selected track 2, and that is what you see in the inspector ..
Old 01-25-2018, 01:20 PM   #1123
albertxxxx

Now with the master to the right, and note that I have selected track 4 and it is what you see in the inspector..

Old 01-25-2018, 02:10 PM   #1124
Usta

what happend to the idea of making a skin that fits this theme for some free vst's? It seems really interesting.
Usta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 04:46 PM   #1125
Haggim

Default Donation

Donation sent! The theme looks amazing
Haggim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 09:46 PM   #1126
Jeffsounds

Quote:
yes, but you have to adjust the width well, go testing with several tracks ...

view image:
check that I have selected track 2, and that is what you see in the inspector ..
Thanks, Albert! Is there somewhere that shows how to set up this whole Inspector mode? I think I can do it and I'll give it a shot, but just in cases...
Old 01-26-2018, 01:00 AM   #1127
albertxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usta View Post
what happend to the idea of making a skin that fits this theme for some free vst's? It seems really interesting.
I'm still interested, but it's a little complicated, if you know any skinable pack, let me know, and be free.
Old 01-26-2018, 01:05 AM   #1128
albertxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffsounds View Post
Thanks, Albert! Is there somewhere that shows how to set up this whole Inspector mode? I think I can do it and I'll give it a shot, but just in cases...
Hi, you read the first post, I think that in the link of the video that you have put a little above they explain it also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E81...ature=youtu.be
Old 01-26-2018, 07:41 AM   #1129
TheMaartian

Quote:
If you are going to have the mixer docked on the left, I advise the inspector ... I like it better.

Terrific suggestion. Thanks! Change made.

I have the transport bar at the bottom because that's where it is in Studio One, and I've gotten used to it down there.

Plus, when I'm using my FaderPort, it kind of disappears from conscious view.
TheMaartian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 11:20 AM   #1130
Gremsongs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaartian View Post

Sure could use me some crawfish etouffee.
Man my wife makes some of the best ever!! If your ever down this way, let me know and we will make a pot!!

When I went to the Grand canyon we passed through Flagstaff and stopped and ate at a subway. As big a city as it is I could believe how dark it was!!
Gremsongs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 12:18 PM   #1131
Gremsongs

I watched that video and couldn't remember how to drag and drop the docked windows. Thanks for posting that one again!

I have about three screensets saved now.

Tracking
PVR (or Midi editing as it's called now)
Mixer

But I am trying to figure out how to maximize the Mixer window and save that as a screenset.

[edit] I figured it out!! Got me a full screen mixer screenset!

Last edited by Gremsongs; 01-26-2018 at 12:28 PM.
Old 01-26-2018, 02:07 PM   #1132
TheMaartian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremsongs View Post
Man my wife makes some of the best ever!! If your ever down this way, let me know and we will make a pot!!

When I went to the Grand canyon we passed through Flagstaff and stopped and ate at a subway. As big a city as it is I could believe how dark it was!!
[apologies for off topic]
Will do. I've been to New Orleans many times and did some work in Lafayette (enough to know to pronounce it Laugh-E-ette) We used to go gumbo hopping. Every chef's gumbo was different. We'd get a bowl and a pitcher each (something for each hand!), then move on to the next place. And the oysters! I went to a nice place across the Vermilion River (great name for slow-moving mud; ha!) and ordered a dozen. The bartender looked at me strangely and suggested I start with 6. Holy smoly. Double [something] oysters that were: a) tender, b) delicious and c) filling!

Flagstaff was the first city to receive the official Dark Sky designation. The next couple were on islands. There's a super blue blood moon coming just before sunrise on 31 January. Hopefully, we'll have a clear sky. The darkness was one of the reasons I picked Flag. Subway is the worst food in town. We have outstanding local restaurants and bars, 7 breweries (6 good ones, 5 good owners). I live in a townhome development that is surrounded by ponderosa pines. There's a trailhead just up the street that leads to miles of social and maintained trails. Weather permitting, my dogs and I walk 3-5 miles per day. AbFab!
[back on topic]

Last edited by TheMaartian; 01-26-2018 at 02:13 PM.
Old 01-27-2018, 05:46 AM   #1133
Coachz

It's not a donation if it's required to be able to get the theme. It's a fee.
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 11:00 AM   #1134
dub tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz View Post
No, it's a steal. Pay what you want.
dub tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 01:04 PM   #1135
Luxmaji

Quote:
And now that you've clarified this, what should the next steps be?

L
Luxmaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 05:10 PM   #1136
Cris4tay

Looks great just donated
Cris4tay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 06:50 PM   #1137
WKG

Quote:
It's not a fee, it's a just small way of saying thank you for the time you invested in creating and making this awesome theme available.

If that's too much one can always create their own theme in whatever fashion they like.
WKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 08:39 AM   #1138
Coachz

The point is.....A donation is a voluntary act. A fee is a required payment. If acquiring the theme requires a payment to receive it, then it is not a donation but a fee. Btw, the theme looks amazing.
Old 01-28-2018, 08:55 AM   #1139
TheMaartian

I could not care less what the transaction is called. I care about the theme. Nothing in the free stash suits my eye nearly as well, and I've tried a lot of them.
Old 01-28-2018, 09:37 AM   #1140
Usta

Quote:
The point is.....A donation is a voluntary act. A fee is a required payment. If acquiring the theme requires a payment to receive it, then it is not a donation but a fee. Btw, the theme looks amazing.
well you clearly never heard of the concept DONATIONware, where you choose (donate) the amount you want before getting (purchasing) it.

As a matter of fact, I am still on the fence whether I should get this theme. I'm not sure if I'd really use it but don't want to be a "cheap ass" by donating like 1 dollar xD . I have tried a lot of themes but there's not 1 that I'm really loving. This one does look very appealing.
Old 01-28-2018, 12:58 PM   #1141
Jeffsounds

Quote:
well you clearly never heard of the concept DONATIONware, where you choose (donate) the amount you want before getting (purchasing) it.

As a matter of fact, I am still on the fence whether I should get this theme. I'm not sure if I'd really use it but don't want to be a "cheap ass" by donating like 1 dollar xD . I have tried a lot of themes but there's not 1 that I'm really loving. This one does look very appealing.
Donate a buck and if you like it you can always go back and donate more.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:45 PM   #1142
Coachz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaartian View Post
I could not care less what the transaction is called. I care about the theme. Nothing in the free stash suits my eye nearly as well, and I've tried a lot of them.
yeah, screw language !
Old 01-29-2018, 01:46 PM   #1143
Coachz

Quote:

Donationware is a licensing model that supplies fully operational unrestricted software to the user and requests an optional donation. So no donation is required.
Old 01-29-2018, 02:07 PM   #1144
WKG

It is simply a way of saying thank you to the person who invested their time and effort into making it available.

Heck, if I liked the way it looked I would donate at least a small amount because I would feel too ashamed of becoming a stingy ingrate who expects everybody to bow and indulge my sense of self entitlement.

But hey, that's just me....
WKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 02:38 PM   #1145
Usta

Quote:
Donationware is a licensing model that supplies fully operational unrestricted software to the user and requests an optional donation. So no donation is required.
I have recently donated a small amount and I've got to say, wow, this theme looks and feels great in a way a screenshot cannot convey. I have no regrets, and in fact I feel that I will donate again later on.
Old 01-30-2018, 04:12 AM   #1146
Coachz

Quote:
I have recently donated a small amount and I've got to say, wow, this theme looks and feels great in a way a screenshot cannot convey. I have no regrets, and in fact I feel that I will donate again later on.
I have zero doubt that the theme is fantastic. MY POINT is that a donation is a voluntary act. A fee is something required to acquire something.
Old 01-30-2018, 04:48 AM   #1147
Usta

At the moment when I want to see my plugins and effects on a track I do that from the mixer view (I have it docked at the bottom and need to switch to full screen each time). Is there a better way to do this? I can't seem to find the button for it in the main sequencer window next to the track names.

edit with screenshot:
https://snag.gy/FN8hbm.jpg

Last edited by Usta; 01-30-2018 at 04:53 AM.
Old 01-30-2018, 04:52 AM   #1148
+NRG

Quote:
Donate a buck and if you like it you can always go back and donate more.
That’s what I did... Donated $5 to give it a spin and would’ve given more if the theme worked for me. It didn’t work for me but I didn’t feel cheated... No one twisted my arm or tricked me. I recently downloaded it again just to see... Nice theme, some great ideas!
Old 01-30-2018, 05:31 AM   #1149
Stella645

Quote:
At the moment when I want to see my plugins and effects on a track I do that from the mixer view (I have it docked at the bottom and need to switch to full screen each time). Is there a better way to do this? I can't seem to find the button for it in the main sequencer window next to the track names.

edit with screenshot:
https://snag.gy/FN8hbm.jpg
If you drag the divide between TCP and arrange window to the right you would see the insert button in TCP...but there is an annoying bit of wasted space in TCP when you do this that I haven't been able to work out how to get rid of.

But with the mixer docked at bottom you may be better off with the different mixer that scales and will show insert slots when tall enough.

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1088

Alternatively you could add an inspector to show the fader plus inserts of selected track to one side

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1122
Stella645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 01:19 PM   #1150
Jeffsounds

Quote:
Now with the master to the right, and note that I have selected track 4 and it is what you see in the inspector..
Don't know why but that is not working for me. The inspector stays with the same track no matter what I do.
Old 01-30-2018, 01:25 PM   #1151
albertxxxx

By default when you select a track in the tcp, the same track is selected in the mixer, could you have touched something in the preferences?
Old 01-30-2018, 02:19 PM   #1152
vanhaze

Quote:
Don't know why but that is not working for me. The inspector stays with the same track no matter what I do.
1) Open Mixer.
(You can also left mouse drag the divider line between inspector and TCP to the right, to show more space of the Mixer)

2) Now, Rightmouse click anywhere on empty space in Mixer.

3) Now, Enable the setting "scroll view when tracks activated"

Hope this helps !

Warm Regards.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:12 PM   #1153
Jeffsounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhaze View Post
1) Open Mixer.
(You can also left mouse drag the divider line between inspector and TCP to the right, to show more space of the Mixer)

2) Now, Rightmouse click anywhere on empty space in Mixer.

3) Now, Enable the setting "scroll view when tracks activated"

Hope this helps !

Warm Regards.
Thanks. I already had it activated. Appreciate the attempt though!
Old 01-30-2018, 10:21 PM   #1154
vanhaze

Mmm, how odd ..
I hope 4 u someone else can help you ; i am out of ideas..
Old 01-31-2018, 02:46 PM   #1155
Jeffsounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhaze View Post
Mmm, how odd ..
I hope 4 u someone else can help you ; i am out of ideas..
No worrys for now. Appreciate the help. I'll wait until I get the new computer to figure things out.
Old 01-31-2018, 03:12 PM   #1156
vanhaze

Alrighty, i wish you all the best with that !
Old 02-01-2018, 10:30 AM   #1157
DynamicK

Default Mod Request for TCP Please

Hi Albert,
Really liking your theme. Just wondered if you could add a slightly different Default 2 TCP layout if possible.

I prefer your MCP layout for Sends and Receives in my TCP.

If you could replace the existing TCP graphic:

with the MCP one, it would be great:

I find the MCP style much easier to see what is going on in my Sends / Receives, Master Parent. I do not display my Midi tracks in the MCP, that is why I am requesting the mod.

If I could do it myself, I would, but your theme is very hard to understand.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: gif Protools TCP sends.gif (2.4 KB, 622 views)
File Type: gif Protools sends.gif (3.2 KB, 606 views)
DynamicK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 01:27 PM   #1158
vanhaze

Technically speaking ofcourse, the man is totally right, stating that it's not a donation but a fee.

But bringing that fact up alone does say something about a person's mind:
That is: not that honorable and respectful regarding an outstanding Reaper Theme that problaby costed the maker alot of hours work.

As always, just my 50 Cents.
Old 02-01-2018, 01:58 PM   #1159
Gremsongs

Quote:

MY POINT is that a donation is a voluntary act. A fee is something required to acquire something.

I thought the same thing. Looked for a d/l link to see if I wanted to work with the theme. Being new here I didn't want to be fooled into something that would just take me. Just cautious.

But I found out that I had to pay to get the link. And I did send a donation. But I was also confused at first and I do understand your point.

[edit] Forgot to say I do use the theme too! It's nice!!

Last edited by Gremsongs; 02-01-2018 at 01:59 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 02-01-2018, 03:36 PM   #1160
Usta

I've been using it for a couple of days and I like the looks and feel of it.

I love creating and recording with it and mixing with this skin is also A LOT of fun. I really appreciate this skin and love to see which direction it is headed as it gets improved.

Last edited by Usta; 02-01-2018 at 04:19 PM.