Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 12-29-2013, 11:31 AM   #1
db501
Human being with feelings

Default Getting clicks and pops when rendering

hi all

first time i have this problem. When I render a master project I get all kinds of hisses, clicks and pops. Not a lot, but sufficient to destroy the quality of the WAV file.

I tried everything - increasing buffer size, playing with the audio buffering presets - i do use a lot of vst's, but the performance meter does not exceed about 50%, so should be ok. I've tried lower rendering speeds, online/offline, etc etc...but still the same...

HELP!!

my system is old, but before i didn't have this problem:
Vista 32bit sp2
Intel Dual core P8400 processor @ 2.26Ghz
3 GB RAM

Please help me out with some advice - i was planning on getting the full license early january, but this changes the game - i don't know what happened suddenly, with previous tracks i never had these problems. The clicks/hisses/pops are irregular, with every render they are in a different place. And the second weird thing is for example that hihats are being played, when they are not even in the mix!! There's a little part towards the end, where the beat should finish, but suddenly it plays a few hihats in the render even though they are not in the project...???

Last edited by db501; 12-29-2013 at 12:38 PM.
db501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:23 PM   #2
db501

I managed to isolate one track which was a problem and rendered it to stem, which solved the clicks. However, the strange hi-hat appearing when they should not is something that is a real mystery to me...anyone??
db501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:15 PM   #3
JeffreyET

Re: hi hat... I have had mystery MIDI hits like that from time to time. If you cant find it by zooming into the item (AND the immediate adjacent item) you mifght try deleting the item and re-writing it.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:53 AM   #4
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Please list *all* plug-ins in the project or upload the .RPP project file (no media files needed). Could be a non-threadsafe plug-in (or too many of them) causing the mystery notes.
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:59 PM   #5
msea

I've noticed some drum vst's will have sounds in weird places... Did you check a full octave or two up for some errant midi notes? (I'm assuming you are using patterns like groove monkey...)
msea is offline   Reply With Quote