Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS X

Old 03-24-2013, 07:06 AM   #1
kristen
Human being with feelings

Default My Logic "track expander tube" doesn't have "end tips" to grab! Whats up?

I posted this in Macrumors also but didn't get any answers yet so will try here as well.

Using Logic pro is difficult enough with a magic mouse (another thread) but to make matters worse the long skinny tube that I grab to move forward and backward has no "side tips". That the part of the horizontal "tube" you would grab to expand or shrink the detail. I have to go over to the slider to do this and it is a real pain in the ...."

The long horizontal tube I am referring is supposed to have "end tips" which you can grab to zoom in or out.

Is there some setting i need to do to get these "end tips" to show up?

Technology has given us the ability to repeat all our mistakes we have learned from history, …. but much faster, deadlier, and with greater accuracy!

KAB (superkristen)
kristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:55 AM   #2
kristen

Does anyone know what I am talking about? I can take a screenshot or something to show you but I don't know how.

Technology has given us the ability to repeat all our mistakes we have learned from history, …. but much faster, deadlier, and with greater accuracy!

KAB (superkristen)
Old 03-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #3
Thomas Nystrom

There are two sliders at the lower right corner of the arrange window. Did you try those?
Thomas Nystrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:54 PM   #4
Thomas Nystrom

Oops, I didn't read your post carefully enough, I guess… I seem to remember being able to click on it and move the mouse forward or backward to zoom, but I can't get it to work now, either… Sorry...
Thomas Nystrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:31 PM   #5
kristen

This doesn't answer my question but others are having the same problem of missing the handles on the zoom control. They think it is a Lion thing.

http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=78911

KAB (superkristen)
Old 03-28-2013, 06:12 AM   #6
Janne83

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristen View Post
This doesn't answer my question but others are having the same problem of missing the handles on the zoom control. They think it is a Lion thing.

http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=78911
Yes youre right. The missing handles are not present since Lion, where the scrollbars behaviour was changed (more IOS style) and consequently Logic and some other software lost the zoom handles.

I suggest you try using CMD+ALT+Scrollwheel(two finger swipe on magic mouse) or use the zoom tool or third option control+alt+direction keys to zoom.

hope this helps in any way

J