Old 03-19-2007, 08:33 PM   #1
vidrazor
Human being with feelings

Default Keystation 88?

Hi folks, I just discovered this program, and it looks kinda interesting. I'm wondering however if it will recognize the M-Audio Keystation 88's controllers so you can use them to control the software. I was just looking at Cakewalk 6 and notice they have support for just about every M-Audio product EXCEPT the Keystation 88, which is a bummer. I'm not into trying to hack up something, I'd like to call up a preset and go. Thanks for any info on this.
vidrazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:19 PM   #2
Jake Johnson

I have a Keystation 88, and have never had problems with midi CC assignments. It works just like any other midi keyboard the lets you control parameters from the midi keyboard.
Jake Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:10 AM   #3
vidrazor

Thanks for your reply. I guess I wasn't clear in my question. What I really meant to say is if this program has a template for the KeyStation 88. Cakewalk has a template for just about every M-Audio product EXCEPT the '88, which is a bummer. I'd just like something I can load in and go.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:48 AM   #4
ChrisADK

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidrazor View Post
Thanks for your reply. I guess I wasn't clear in my question. What I really meant to say is if this program has a template for the KeyStation 88. Cakewalk has a template for just about every M-Audio product EXCEPT the '88, which is a bummer. I'd just like something I can load in and go.
Hi,

More than likely he 88 has the same or very similar mapping as the other keystation models. Haven't tried it with the new Sonar version yet.

Chris
(859) 635-5762
www.adkproaudio.com
chrisl@adkproaudio.com
ChrisADK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:25 AM   #5
vidrazor

>>More than likely he 88 has the same or very similar mapping as the other keystation models. Haven't tried it with the new Sonar version yet.<<

Yeah, some folks over at the CW forum have been hacking one up, but I don't feel like going through the whole ritual. If I was more proficient in midi command and sysex stuff I'd give a go. But I'm not. :-)

This Reaper program looks interesting regardless. It reminds of a cross between Cakewalk and Cool Edit Pro, which is not a bad thing.