Old 01-06-2020, 02:32 PM   #2161
bayvan
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
oh no... and with the latest version 1.4rc63?
No with 1.4rc62 I didn't notice the new version. With 1.4rc63 all is OK. Sorry for the false alarm.
bayvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 02:47 PM   #2162
vsthem

Never saw that. That's awesome! Thanks
vsthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 06:00 AM   #2163
heda

Default v1.4rc64 (2020-01-07)

new update and bug fixes

Middle clicking the Send presets buttons now allows to define the name to find on the track name to auto find the track in the project. This is saved in the Track Inspector settings so it works for all projects. This is useful if you always use the same name for the busses that receive the sends. So no more manual setup of the preset buttons on each new project!

the rest is explained in the changelog:

* v1.4rc64 (2020-01-07)
+ Sends: Automatic Sends presets buttons with Autofind by track name (middle click on preset button to set the name)
+ Sends: Create send presets actions
+ Sends: action Open FX UI for first send
# Tags: fix vertical scroll to selected track after hiding and showing tracks by Always-Off actions. Thanks _Stevie_
# Tags: fix bug columns on tags dissapear after scrolling and first row is not shown. Thanks _Stevie_
# Tags: fix crash when using special tags and no tags on project
# Tags: Colors from tag colors, use last tag (not special tags)
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 11:13 AM   #2164
vsthem

Little bug to report, but certainly not a big deal, and easily worked around.

When importing multiple tracks with Track Templates (control click, insert), it is inconsistent as to whether the track will contain the track tags that have been put on it. I've tested it, and instruments added individually contain their tags, but if I import a big group of tracks with the same tag, (a group of percussion instruments), only some of them will retain their tag.

Hope this is helpful (and not annoying). Thanks!
Old 01-08-2020, 08:51 AM   #2165
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsthem View Post

When importing multiple tracks with Track Templates (control click, insert), it is inconsistent as to whether the track will contain the track tags that have been put on it. I've tested it, and instruments added individually contain their tags, but if I import a big group of tracks with the same tag, (a group of percussion instruments), only some of them will retain their tag.

thank you... I'll check inserting multiple templates with tags. Maybe it is only tagging the latest one inserted or something.
Old 01-08-2020, 11:43 AM   #2166
hopi

never mind.... got the very newest update today and seems to be ok now

Last edited by hopi; 01-08-2020 at 01:34 PM.
hopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 01:01 PM   #2167
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopi View Post
__DEV__HeDa_Track Inspector VIP.lua:8441: attempt to index a nil value (global 'xtagscolumns')

newest version gives me this error and won't really run...
is it just me or is there a problem?
sure it is the newest version? this error should have been fixed in v1.4rc63
Old 01-08-2020, 05:35 PM   #2168
hopi

thanks Heda.... apparently you are correct and it is working OK again
Old 01-09-2020, 03:59 AM   #2169
heda

Quote:

I have investigated the issue... I had a hard time trying to understand why it was not working. It seems I need to completely rewrite the way it is done, since I cannot make TT and TI communicate each other well within one loop cycle. It will be fixed in next update. Both TT and TI will be updated.
Old 01-09-2020, 07:05 AM   #2170
Ozman

Is it feasible to just add the tags to the tracks' data?
Ozman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 07:14 AM   #2171
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozman View Post
Is it feasible to just add the tags to the tracks' data?
yes it is possible but that wouldn't work for the autotag from parent tags. When TT inserts templates then TI looks and refreshes all needed autotags too. I already have a promising fix ready for this evening. I need to test it a bit more.
Old 01-09-2020, 08:28 AM   #2172
Ozman

What if the need isn't for autotags at all, but just reading custom tags for imported track templates?
And if that can be done then, autotagging can be decided from a single boolean.
- In which case, a child track can have it's own tag.

Last edited by Ozman; 01-09-2020 at 08:56 AM.
Old 01-09-2020, 11:23 AM   #2173
heda

Quote:
What if the need isn't for autotags at all, but just reading custom tags for imported track templates?
And if that can be done then, autotagging can be decided from a single boolean.
- In which case, a child track can have it's own tag.
I'm not sure if I understand
you can already tag children tracks or any track individually and assign tags to templates in TT.

When inserting the template from TT it will also check for parent folders for autotagging children. Just as if you would click Autotag button in TI after inserting the template.

If there is no autotag in the folder(autotags are displayed in green text), children shouldn't be affected
Old 01-09-2020, 12:18 PM   #2174
Ozman

So importing a track template with a child that has a tag, will also resume the custom tag the child has as well?

In the example in the attached image, the children inherit the "Parent" tag, but the first child has it's own "I'm Special" tag.

Would writing to the track data be the only way to recall (from an imported track template) unique tags that are not relative to folder/child positioning?

Last edited by Ozman; 01-09-2020 at 12:33 PM.
Old 01-09-2020, 12:50 PM   #2175
heda

Quote:
So importing a track template with a child that has a tag, will also bring resume the custom tag the child has as well?

In the example in the attached image, the children inherit the "Parent" tag, but the first child has it's own "I'm Special" tag.

Would writing to the track data be the only way to recall (from an imported track template) unique tags that are not relative to folder/child positioning?
I think I understand.
right now the only support for tags in templates is from the Track Templates script. The tags are not saved in the template files. They are saved in a sidecar file when you define them in Track Templates script. If you insert the template with normal REAPER commands, the tracks won't be tagged by TI.

There is API now to write custom data to the tracks. I could look if it is not too complicated to use that API instead and see if that data is saved also in the template files.
Old 01-09-2020, 01:19 PM   #2176
Ozman

Please!
That's exactly what I'm hoping for: Writing the data to the tracks themselves.

That way, there would be no needed oversight (projects, etc) and it would be de-centralized.
Also, this could be a way that other scripts can retrieve that same data.

I currently work in two locations (at work and home).
I sometimes create Track Templates and FX chains, whole workflows for instruments and mixing to use in different locations, not aligned to any specific project.
Track Tags will be very useful in helping quickly work with templates that are saved via Reaper's native track-saving method, of which the tags then can be read by your script.

Maybe if it isn't complicated, it could be an extra option, for whether one desires that tags be written to the tracks themselves.
Old 01-09-2020, 01:39 PM   #2177
heda

Play a bit with the Track Templates script... add some tags to a template... right clicking the template icon.
You will see that a sidecar(with same name as the template) file is generated with the tags information. If you sync the templates folder between your work and home, you will see that you can have all tags in sync too.
This method also allows to quickly edit tags of your templates in TT without having to resave your templates. Just select all templates, right click, and add tag to update tag to all selected templates.
Old 01-09-2020, 01:46 PM   #2178
Ozman

Quote:
Play a bit with the Track Templates script... add some tags to a template... right clicking the template icon.
You will see that a sidecar(with same name as the template) file is generated with the tags information. If you sync the templates folder between your work and home, you will see that you can have all tags in sync too.
This method also allows to quickly edit tags of your templates in TT without having to resave your templates. Just select all templates, right click, and add tag to update tag to all selected templates.
This wouldn't set and recall unique child track tags of these templates, like in my aforementioned example, though.
Am I right?
Old 01-09-2020, 01:59 PM   #2179
heda

Quote:
This wouldn't set and recall unique child track tags of these templates, like in my aforementioned example, though.
Am I right?
ahhhh
now I really think I understand. the template file includes all fooder and children tracks... then it wont work right now. tags are defined per template, not per track inside the template. Normally I use single track templates. Ill think about how to implement this. Sorry for all the confusion. I was not understanding the problem.
Old 01-09-2020, 02:03 PM   #2180
Ozman

Quote:
ahhhh
now I really think I understand. the template file includes all fooder and children tracks... then it wont work right now. tags are defined per template, not per track inside the template. Normally I use single track templates. Ill think about how to implement this. Sorry for all the confusion. I was not understanding the problem.
It's cool, man.
I think that if adding and retrieving tags from a track's data could be easy, then Reaper's native saving and retrieving can be used.

The track data is simply name + value pairs anyway.
Adding custom fields (e.g. tags) would be very useful in many ways.
Old 01-09-2020, 06:55 PM   #2181
SubbaseDnB

is it possible to have a track inspector Only for the master track?
because right now i use the fx list script,docked to the left
SubbaseDnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 02:40 AM   #2182
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubbaseDnB View Post
is it possible to have a track inspector Only for the master track?
because right now i use the fx list script,docked to the left
Yes there is a specific instance in actions that opens the Master track only. "Script: HeDa_Track Inspector VIP_Master.lua"
Old 01-10-2020, 03:49 AM   #2183
heda

@Ozman
Good news. I have managed to embed the tags inside the tracks data. So now it will work to save templates with tags, even without TT script.
This has introduced changes in many tagging functions so I'm doing some more testing before releasing it
Old 01-10-2020, 05:00 AM   #2184
kotsaris

Recently I started digging deeper in some functions of Track Inspector and I'm really amazed at how helpful it is!
One thing that I like very much,but find difficult to use for large projects, is Fx categories.When there are many plugins it is kind of boring to assign them all to a category.
Is there any other way to assign the plugins?Also is it possible to name the numbers to something else?It's easy to forget what's the numbers meaning.
About the autotag fx function:Can it be connected with the main plugin window?
kotsaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 07:08 AM   #2185
Ozman

Quote:
@Ozman
Good news. I have managed to embed the tags inside the tracks data. So now it will work to save templates with tags, even without TT script.
This has introduced changes in many tagging functions so I'm doing some more testing before releasing it
GAME CHANGER!
Old 01-10-2020, 10:43 AM   #2186
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotsaris View Post
Recently I started digging deeper in some functions of Track Inspector and I'm really amazed at how helpful it is!
One thing that I like very much,but find difficult to use for large projects, is Fx categories.When there are many plugins it is kind of boring to assign them all to a category.
Is there any other way to assign the plugins?Also is it possible to name the numbers to something else?It's easy to forget what's the numbers meaning.
About the autotag fx function:Can it be connected with the main plugin window?
hello kotsaris
right now the FX groups are only with numbers. In next version v1.5 it will change. I am considering a better system too with tags for fx plugins.. like track tags but for the plugins.. and it will be more powerful than it is now.
I don't understand the second question. Can you explain more about connecting to the main plugin window? What is it?
Old 01-10-2020, 11:02 AM   #2187
kotsaris

You are right.My question is incomprehensible!
What I meant is:Let's say that the numbers under fx represent some categories like eq,reverbs etc.What if with fx autotag,instead of having to write down every single plugin,we could use the categories as sorted out from the main fx window to know which plugin belongs where.
Hope it's more understandable now.
Looking forward for the 1.5 update!
kotsaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 01:42 PM   #2188
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotsaris View Post
You are right.My question is incomprehensible!
What I meant is:Let's say that the numbers under fx represent some categories like eq,reverbs etc.What if with fx autotag,instead of having to write down every single plugin,we could use the categories as sorted out from the main fx window to know which plugin belongs where.
Hope it's more understandable now.
Looking forward for the 1.5 update!
yes.. that's a great idea to have for next version too. I think it can be possible. Since it will be able to have names, not only numbers for the groups. Thanks!
Old 01-15-2020, 10:27 AM   #2189
qwert678!!!!

Just now seeing this. Can't wait to try it.
qwert678!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 11:04 AM   #2190
vsthem

I'm finally fed up with Reaper's take system (I won't get into it here), and am switching to Track Versions to make vocal comps. It is working great, and but it's taking more clicks/time than I would like. My thought was to make a custom action, but it's not working. Perhaps someone can chime in? Or maybe this is a Track Inspector bug?

The goal is to record onto a new track version (cleared), with one button. I created the custom action:

Heda Track Inspector New Track Version (clear items)
Transport: Record

When I run this however, it creates a new track version, reaper goes into record mode, but nothing gets recorded to the track.

https://imgur.com/a/bBFMVB7

You can see that the new track version is created, and in the bottom left corner, reaper is set into record mode. Also, the track is record enabled. Why is it not recording?

Thanks all in advance!
Old 01-15-2020, 12:18 PM   #2191
heda

wow I have tested with the action to create new version and then record and it works but combining them both in a custom action doesn't seem to record. why? I have no clue. While it is still trying to record, clicking the arm button of the track to unarm, and then arm it again and it starts recording.

It doesn't seem something critical, you can just duplicate the track and then press another key to start recording... but I'll try to have a look to see if something is causing this. Thanks
Old 01-15-2020, 02:05 PM   #2192
vsthem

Now that you point that out, just having a shortcut for new track version works better anyhow for my workflow. Weird, but I don't think I'd end up using a combined action it now that I tested just having separate actions. Thanks!
Old 01-16-2020, 10:46 AM   #2193
vsthem

Actions/Key commands for "Toggle Show/Hide All Track Versions" and Next and Previous Track Versions would be amazing though! (I promise I'll stop bugging you about this!)
Old 01-16-2020, 10:33 PM   #2194
vsthem

I just ran Render New Version (Stereo Stems) on a huge track list of Kontakt instruments, and some of the tracks came out in Mono. Is this a bug, or is it something I can fix to where all the files come out in Stereo?

Thanks!
Old Yesterday, 03:37 AM   #2195
heda

Quote:
Actions/Key commands for "Toggle Show/Hide All Track Versions" and Next and Previous Track Versions would be amazing though! (I promise I'll stop bugging you about this!)
Yes I'll do that... Thanks for reminding me.
I've been busy improving Track Tags

Quote:
I just ran Render New Version (Stereo Stems) on a huge track list of Kontakt instruments, and some of the tracks came out in Mono. Is this a bug, or is it something I can fix to where all the files come out in Stereo?

Thanks!
have you by chance changed the "auto" to "freeze to mono" in the freeze panel for those tracks?