Old 06-07-2009, 11:13 AM   #41
wallace
Human being with feelings

Just tried it again using 3.02 and it hangs Reaper for me shortly after it's been selected
wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:10 PM   #42
tonyuser

thats strange!!!

The only problem i've found is if i start reaper with alphatrack enabled, but don't have alphatrack plugged in it crashes.

Incidently, I'm running Windows 7 RC1, the only issue i've found so far is that if i try to restart windows with the alphatrack plugged in i get BSOD.
tonyuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:38 PM   #43
wallace

Also, when inside Reaper, go to check the midi ports its using and it also hangs.
All subsequent restarts also fail until I put the Reaper csurf back in the plugin directory.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:40 AM   #44
Spyrow

I've tried this plugin and it's nice, congratulations and thanks.

But two things:
- Latch and touch automation modes doesn't work (and that's the reason I've bought and I use the Alphatrack).
- The volume changes are so coarse, almost 1 dB increment. That's too big. I want little increments as the Reaper built-in plugin does.

So this two things work better in the Reaper original and the rest of things in the plugin.
Could you copy (or borrow) the code for the latch and touch modes from the original?? And make the volume finer?
There's no point for such a coarse volumen changes, you can control the whole dynamic range with fast movements of the fader!
Spyrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:34 AM   #45
tonyuser

i just discovered that the fx control is also coarse only...
tonyuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:23 AM   #46
Frizzo

the new csurf file works great! thanks a lot!
Frizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 03:48 AM   #47
Ricky Reject

Hello Mr Rabbit

I just downloaded your modified csurf.dll, and although I havent put it through its entire register yet, I can already see that this will help me a great deal in my workflow after having recently aquired the Alpha Track.

I was actually expecting full blown support, so I was a little bummed about not having functionality of the PAN/SEND/ETC buttons.

Well...now Im not bummed anymore. Great many thanks do you, sir.

If I ever make it to center stage at Wembley Stadium, I'll be sure to give a shout-out to you (I wouldnt hold my breath).
Ricky Reject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:17 PM   #48
Jeronimo

how can I implement shortcuts to keys/buttons on the alphatrack using the reaper-mac version?
Jeronimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:00 AM   #49
Ricky Reject

Also, the latest updated .dll doesnt seem to be compatible with 3.06...or is it just me? Please reply...
Old 08-17-2009, 03:43 AM   #50
peterrabbit

Hi Ricky,

Sorry about the very belated reply. It works with 3.06 on my system.

Does the alphatrack work at all, or has it reverted to the official version? I ask because upgrades over-write my plugin with the official one which might be the problem.

Jeronimo,

I don't know much about the reaper mac version. I have posted the source code, so if someone with a mac compiler can build it...
peterrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:02 AM   #51
Spyrow

Hey peterrabit,

Could you modify your plugin so this two things work as they work with the default .dll?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyrow View Post
- Latch and touch automation modes doesn't work (and that's the reason I've bought and I use the Alphatrack).
- The volume changes are so coarse, almost 1 dB increment. That's too big. I want little increments as the Reaper built-in plugin does.
That would be great, thanks.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:11 PM   #52
peterrabbit

Hi Spyrow,

Thanks for giving the plugin a try. I don't have much time to spend programming this at the moment, so I don't think I'll be able to implement the touch and latch settings properly. Although I admit that they should be there. I've uploaded the full code with no restrictions, so you might be able to get someone else to improve it.

Please specify which volume changes you refer to. The main fader, or the knobs. I changed the knobs to be roughly logarithmic, so they'll be more sensitive the closer they get to 0. That works for me, but if you tell me where it could be changed for the better, I might be able to jump in and do it.

Sorry I can't be of more help to you, 'cause I do appreciate you testing this plugin.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:12 AM   #53
Spyrow

Hey peterrabit, thanks for answering.

But those things are already coded in the default .dll, maybe we can ask for that code to cockos.

The volume changes I'm refering are about the fader. When I move it slightly volume changes in ~1dB. When I move it slightly in the default .dll I can do changes of ~0.1dB.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:14 AM   #54
Ricky Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterrabbit View Post
Hi Ricky,

Sorry about the very belated reply. It works with 3.06 on my system.

Does the alphatrack work at all, or has it reverted to the official version? I ask because upgrades over-write my plugin with the official one which might be the problem.

Jeronimo,

I don't know much about the reaper mac version. I have posted the source code, so if someone with a mac compiler can build it...
Ok, thanks for the reply still. I have done everything as you're supposed to, but it just doesnt show up in the list of controller surfaces to choose from.

If I'm the only one with the problem, it must be something with my system. I decided to give it a rest and stick with Reaper 2.54. When I do get the time to do music, I dont want to be fiddling with these kind of things.

I any case, 2.54 works and most, if not all, of my needs are fulfilled anyway. So...
Old 01-24-2010, 11:23 PM   #55
barbaroja

Im in 3,2, it works, however, it still needs a lot of work, but is really way better than default. Thanks so much, please keep this alive and kicking!
barbaroja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:58 AM   #56
volt

I made a Feature Request for full alphatrack implementation in Reaper.

Please vote/discuss here:

http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=1953
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:53 PM   #57
barbaroja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyrow View Post
Hey peterrabit,

Could you modify your plugin so this two things work as they work with the default .dll?

That would be great, thanks.
I support the idea that the volume changes should be tracked in smaller increments.
I also hope for the flip button being functional when in send mode.
And the auto button to switch between automation modes.

And... that you have time... heh

Thanks!
Old 02-09-2010, 07:23 PM   #58
lawrs

Hi peterrabit

Thank you for making this mod. I like how you had everything lay out on the alphatrack and led's actually working for pan/send/eq/plugin/auto .

I would like to ask if there's any way to flip other parameters such as track fx parameters onto the fader instead of using knobs to write automation.

I'm also facing crashes when alphatrack isn't plugged in before launching reaper. And the only way to fix the crashing is to replace the csurf with the original , then remove alphatrack from control surface preference, then quit reaper, and replace csurf with your file and this time make sure that alphatrack is connected.

Btw, I was wondering if the plugin button can be programmed in such a way that it bring up the first plugin on the track, and hit it again it brings up the next plugin on the track. Thank you so much for your generous effort.
lawrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:32 AM   #59
lawrs

Does peterrabbit still come by the forum ? Many would be eternally grateful if you could update your mod so that it doesn't crash Reaper and latch/touch works properly? Please?
Old 07-05-2010, 08:28 PM   #60
peterrabbit

Default I'm still alive

Hi, I've really been side tracked for the last year or so. It's great to see that the plugin is getting some use. Maybe it's time to fire up the old compiler and having a look at some of these problems. The list as I see it is (more in order of easy to fix than importance):

1. fader volume increments
2. Plugin button rolls through track plugins.
3. Flip button works
4. Latch and touch automation modes
5. crashes when alphatrack isn't plugged in before starting reaper

I'll see how I go.

Peter.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:42 PM   #61
wallace

Hey Peter! That would be cool
Old 07-05-2010, 11:32 PM   #62
lawrs

Glad to have you back Peter! How have you been? Hope everything is well on your side of the world.

Do you think it would be possible to fire off midi cc with the pots of alphatrack ?
Old 07-06-2010, 01:36 PM   #63
barbaroja

Anxious here...
Old 07-06-2010, 10:40 PM   #64
peterrabbit

Default version 0.2

Ok, I've managed to get the plugin to build with the latest visual studio tools (which is half the battle). So here's an incremental update for you guys to test for me. The changes are:

- Now is it's own dll file I've built separately it without any of the other control surface plugins included. This means that you should use the standard reaper_csurf.dll that comes with the app and add "reaper_alphatrack.dll". Now my plugin won't get overwritten every time you upgrade reaper. Under control surfaces you should find "Frontier Alphatrack" and "Frontier Alphatrack - PR" - this second one is my custom plugin.

- Fixed crashing on startup when alphatrack not connected bug

- Added footswitch support The plugin sends alternating CC messages 8 & 9 every time the footswitch is pressed. This allows the selection to be changed on the fly as shown in the attached screengrab. There might be better ways to do this, let me know.

Please give this a try and let me know if it works for you.

Cheers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Actions_2010-07-07_15-18-09.jpg (54.8 KB, 747 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip reaper_alphatrack.zip (15.7 KB, 202 views)
Old 07-07-2010, 04:51 AM   #65
Jeronimo

Does it work on a Mac?
I'll see what happens and will post back
Jeronimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:59 AM   #66
lawrs

Peterabbit makes a killing come back! Thank you sir!
Old 07-07-2010, 02:24 PM   #67
barbaroja

msvcr100.dll is missing? Win 7 64bit here. If I delete the file, no message appears. I tried downloading the file and placing it in Windows/system folder but no luck

Last edited by barbaroja; 04-29-2023 at 01:14 AM.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:46 PM   #68
peterrabbit

Jeronimo: If I were a betting man, I'd bet against it working on Mac, just because I have no idea how to build for a Mac. But I might have fluked it, so let us know.

barbaroja: bloody dll errors. I've built it again with a few different linking options. Give these a try, and let me know. Unfortunately distributing dlls for windows is not my field, so I'm shooting in the dark a bit here.

lawrs: it's a pleasure.
Attached Files
File Type: zip build options.zip (85.9 KB, 196 views)
Old 07-07-2010, 07:00 PM   #69
barbaroja

Quote:
barbaroja: bloody dll errors. I've built it again with a few different linking options. Give these a try, and let me know. Unfortunately distributing dlls for windows is not my field, so I'm shooting in the dark a bit here.
Good! the file "reaper_alphatrack_MT_non_MFC.dll" is working ok. The other one keeps asking for the file. I can confirm the crashing bug is gone!

I am excited about getting new features, specially I would love to use the flip button to make send adjustments with the fader (I hope its possible)!!!

Big thanks for this, Peterrabbit
Old 07-07-2010, 07:07 PM   #70
lawrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaroja View Post
specially I would love to use the flip button to make send adjustments with the fader (I hope its possible)!!! Peterrabbit
+ 1000000 !
Old 07-08-2010, 06:16 AM   #71
LamontGrady

Huge thanks!!

I'll dust mine off and try to help test this weekend.
LamontGrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:11 PM   #72
peterrabbit

Default version 0.21

I've started working on a flip mode. Please note that this isn't finished, I just thought I'd get it out there to get some feedback.

The flip function now only works properly in SEND mode. Apologies to people using it for pan, I'll put that back when I get this working properly. To use it:

- set up your sends for a track. The alphatrack plugin only works with the first 3.
- go to SEND mode.
- touch an encoder (if you don't then it's assumed you want to edit the first send)
- push the FLIP button.
- The display will now say "FLIP" instead of the value for that send, and the main fader will jump to the send value.
- Use the main fader to adjust, the display will show where it is being sent to and the value when you touch it.
- Press the FLIP button again to exit.

The FLIP function is "sticky" meaning it keeps control of the main fader even if you change tracks or change mode (eg back to PAN mode). You can exit from any mode, but entry only works from SEND mode at this stage.

Let me know if it works, and if you like the workflow. Bugs are easy to fix, getting a nice workflow for these features is the hard bit.

I've also fixed the EQ frequency display and press-to-move frequency increments in this version.
Attached Files
File Type: zip reaper_alphatrack021.zip (71.0 KB, 202 views)
Old 07-09-2010, 02:48 AM   #73
lawrs

WOW. It's very intuitive Peter. Thank you for all your effort. I have a suggestion for muting sends when in flip mode.

Since the fader is currently in send flip mode, the "mute" button should also be muting the sends, instead of using the pots for "push to mute".

In the same fashion, since the fader is in flip for send now, it would be very mighty if we could use the "rec" button to rec arm selected send's envelope.

What do ya think? Cheerios! Thank you we truly appreciate the love for alphatrack.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:52 AM   #74
lawrs

By the way, since you've been gone for so long, you might be interest to know that SWS/S&M/Jeffos extensions has expanded many actions, including "action - open and cycle floating fx windows" which basically mean we can use one button to scroll through selected track's plugins. Perhaps the "plug-in" button could now be used for that?

Thank you very much for your time and effort. I do a bit of Java , and I now know the difficulty of programming, and hence I appreciate it even more these days.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:45 AM   #75
lawrs

Hey peter,

I came across a bug that crashes Reaper, was wondering if it's reproducable on your side? Basically I used the alphatrack fader to control the sends, in flip mode, then I switched to track 2, bam , crash. Hope it helps. Also , I noticed that the Reaper sends level GUI doesn't refresh when using alphatrack to control, both fader flip and pot. I don't think this is your part though.. Justin where are you ?!
Old 07-12-2010, 04:01 AM   #76
volt

when i use your plugin, the fader on alphatrack has a long delay before moving to the correct position when changing tracks.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:34 AM   #77
peterrabbit

Default version 0.22

Another version for you guys to test. I've implemented lawrs idea for having the mute follow the flipped fader in flip mode. Haven't got the the rec part of the feature request yet, but i should be able to get that done soon.

I also fixed the crashing bug that lawrs found. Thanks for pointing that out.

I've also done some tidy-ups for the flip mode functionality. Just little things, as I've noticed them.

I've noticed the mixer graphics for sends not updating as well. It might be that I'm not calling the right routine, but they update when you open the send window.

Volt, thanks for the feedback, but I'm sorry to say that I can't replicate the issue you're seeing. It might be because I'm running a quad-core here, so everything seems faster. Is there anything odd about your project or PC, eg 100's of tracks/plugins/sends, or running on a 10 year old machine?

As an aside, I've thrown in a feature request here: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=61212. It's a bit technical, but the jist of it is that if reaEQ gets a small change, the EQ click control on my plugin can enable/disable EQ bands rather than setting them back to 0db.

Lastly, lawrs, could you please send a link to the action extensions you talked about, that sounds interesting.

Thanks again for helping test.
Attached Files
File Type: zip reaper_alphatrack022.zip (71.7 KB, 212 views)
Old 07-13-2010, 01:20 AM   #78
volt

tested it again, and now i get no delay dont know why it happened, tested with the same project. No canges on my part.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:53 AM   #79
lawrs

Quote:
Thanks again for helping test.
No no no. Thank YOU good man for creating this plugin that the devs neglected so cruelly. And thank you for taking interest in my idea of using the mute on sends flip.

Here's the thread I started regarding the "cycle selected track's floating fx windows" http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=54169

You could download the latest SWS extensions and you'll find them under Jeffos actions.

Thank you again peterrabbit. Really really appreciate this plugin. Will give some feedback very soon. I was just thinking, if it is possible to do the same for the flip on "plug-in" button , and we're able to use the fader for *gasp* ! ......... writing fx envelope automations !! This would make the alphatrack more powerful than a yamaha O2R ! Scary thought. Sorry I get carried away.

Good to have you back peter!
Old 07-15-2010, 06:37 AM   #80
musicbynumbers

Great news on this plug in. Do you know if the fader resolution is set to higher than 7bit for volume? I can't remember if it is in this plug or not. Might be confused with another one i'm not near reaper to try..
musicbynumbers is offline   Reply With Quote