Old 11-21-2020, 12:51 AM   #1
babag
Human being with feelings

Default problem with linked faders?

somehow, i found myself with my track 1 fader and master fader linked tonight in a project. this is on v6.09/64 on kubuntu studio. don't know if i stumbled into a bug or if i might have accidentally activated some mode i don't know about.

the behavior in question is simply that manipulating the track 1 fader causes the master fader to adjust as if they were linked, something i did not intend to do. the reverse is also true, manipulating the master fader causes the track 1 fader to move as well.

track 1, btw, is not the master track in the tcp. i do not display the master as a track when i work. first thing i thought to check.

thanks in advance for any advice on unlinking these faders,
babag
babag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 01:08 AM   #2
martmix

Quote:
Originally Posted by babag View Post
somehow, i found myself with my track 1 fader and master fader linked tonight in a project. this is on v6.09/64 on kubuntu studio. don't know if i stumbled into a bug or if i might have accidentally activated some mode i don't know about.

the behavior in question is simply that manipulating the track 1 fader causes the master fader to adjust as if they were linked, something i did not intend to do. the reverse is also true, manipulating the master fader causes the track 1 fader to move as well.

track 1, btw, is not the master track in the tcp. i do not display the master as a track when i work. first thing i thought to check.

thanks in advance for any advice on unlinking these faders,
babag
you might have both selected??
martmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 04:19 AM   #3
nicholas
Scribe

Most likely you've grouped the faders.

View, Grouping Matrix - look for little black blobs in the Volume column. If you click them a couple or so times they'll clear.
nicholas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 01:23 PM   #4
babag

thanks for the suggestions. not actually sure what happened but the problem seems to have cleared up.

took me a while to find the grouping matrix. menu said it was active but couldn't find it. turned out it was displaying but was located off screen. by the time i figured that out, the problem was over.

i'd tried restarting reaper but the problem persisted. eventually gave up and went to bed. when i rebooted the next day the problem was gone so no idea what it was all about. hopefully it doesn't recur but, if it does, i now have the grouping matrix docked so i can get to it easily.

thanks again,
babag
babag is offline   Reply With Quote