Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Music/Collaboration Discussion

Old 08-06-2018, 10:18 AM   #1
DaveKeehl
Human being with feelings

Default REAPER CONTEST - AUGUST 2018 (FEEDBACK)

REAPER CONTEST - AUGUST 2018
(ONLY REAPER PLUGINS ALLOWED)

OFFICIAL WEBSITE

MIXING: 6-21 August
VOTING: 22-29 August
RESULTS: 31 August

AUGUST 2018 PROJECTS
REAPER CONTEST ANALYTICS

This month the song to mix is called C U Next Time by the band Remember December. With this song we go back to the early 2000 (at least with their sound and the song title, I didn't check the release date). The timing isn't as good as with other songs we've worked on, so that might be distracting for some people. But please, avoid doing any editing. I know it's tempting but it's forbidden for reasons I already explained
That being said... have fun pals!

Band: Remember December
Song: C U Next Time

As always you can download the multitrack from the website or clicking on this link.

Happy mixing!
Dave

IMPORTANT:
DO YOU WANT TO SUPPORT THIS CONTEST?

Last edited by DaveKeehl; 11-03-2018 at 10:31 AM.
DaveKeehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 10:20 AM   #2
DaveKeehl

Sorry for keeping you waiting guys go grab your multitrack!
Old 08-06-2018, 06:35 PM   #3
Not_Here

TOMS? ¡aye caramba!
Old 08-07-2018, 08:50 PM   #4
Not_Here

says released December 1, 2013...
Old 08-08-2018, 01:57 AM   #5
DaveKeehl

LOL!
Old 08-08-2018, 08:39 PM   #6
Not_Here

Ummm can I copy one of the tracks so that I can process that .wav two different ways, then mix them back together via a bus ?

Does my question make sense enough to answer?

Thanks for any advice..
Old 08-08-2018, 09:33 PM   #7
Dex

Quote:
But please, avoid doing any editing. I know it's tempting but it's forbidden for reasons I already explained
Er, I thought microedits to correct timing mistakes were allowed. The rules only forbid adding samples/extra recordings and gluing tracks. The rules discourage moving whole sections around.

Is there a special rule about editing timings for this month?
Dex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 09:33 PM   #8
Dex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Here View Post
Ummm can I copy one of the tracks so that I can process that .wav two different ways, then mix them back together via a bus ?

Does my question make sense enough to answer?

Thanks for any advice..
Should be fine. I've done stuff like that several times.
Old 08-08-2018, 09:49 PM   #9
Not_Here

:::::::rubbing hands together::::::

Excellennnnt.....

Last edited by Not_Here; 08-08-2018 at 09:56 PM.
Not_Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 09:58 PM   #10
Not_Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
Er, I thought microedits to correct timing mistakes were allowed. The rules only forbid adding samples/extra recordings and gluing tracks. The rules discourage moving whole sections around.

Is there a special rule about editing timings for this month?
I think it means no glueing and creating a new .wav that is not included in the original d/l

my guess anyways...
Old 08-09-2018, 02:06 AM   #11
DaveKeehl

Yeah sorry by editing I was referring to the process of “cut cut cut glue glue cut cut” xD
Of course you can do that Not_Here!

I simply don’t want to get EXTRA source files. As far as I’m concerned you can edit the whole session, deleting the original files and renaming the new ones to match the old ones (even though for most of the songs I wouldn’t bother that much).
Old 08-09-2018, 02:38 PM   #12
Not_Here

routing, sidechains, and Busses- oh my....
the stock plugs are like a bunch of LEGO's
trying to get square corners to look round is a challenge

Is there no Saturation that actually sounds good in the JS folder.. only the one?

Last edited by Not_Here; 08-09-2018 at 02:45 PM.
Old 08-09-2018, 03:45 PM   #13
DaveKeehl

Quote:
routing, sidechains, and Busses- oh my....
the stock plugs are like a bunch of LEGO's
trying to get square corners to look round is a challenge

Is there no Saturation that actually sounds good in the JS folder.. only the one?
Try to increase the mod A in the bad buss mojo waveshaper
Old 08-09-2018, 04:00 PM   #14
bezusheist

Quote:
What would you normally use (non-JS) ?
Old 08-09-2018, 05:52 PM   #15
Not_Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKeehl View Post
Try to increase the mod A in the bad buss mojo waveshaper
Awesome! Thank you sir! I will give it some knob twistin and see what it has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bezusheist View Post
What would you normally use (non-JS) ?
For Delays I like the Sigmund D16's overdrive. really gets the tails to blend in nice, amongst other things of course. snares and synths especially.

Channel strip is the Scheps Omni Channel "Pre" saturation. love this one. Used on my last mix and it kicked a$s on the Bass and bottom end.

I have others but have been using these two the most.
Old 08-11-2018, 10:05 PM   #16
Not_Here

ahhh yessss... nothing like all lights to red and pissed off neighbors!
whooooo!
Old 08-15-2018, 10:25 AM   #17
darjama

Quote:
But please, avoid doing any editing. I know it's tempting but it's forbidden for reasons I already explained
That being said... have fun pals!

I thought editing was permitted as long as we're not creating new files. A few stretch markers here and there isn't allowed?
darjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:52 AM   #18
DaveKeehl

Quote:
Yeah sorry by editing I was referring to the process of “cut cut cut glue glue cut cut” xD
Of course you can do that Not_Here!

I simply don’t want to get EXTRA source files. As far as I’m concerned you can edit the whole session, deleting the original files and renaming the new ones to match the old ones (even though for most of the songs I wouldn’t bother that much).
Already answered here! Better edit that first post
Old 08-18-2018, 01:03 AM   #19
Not_Here

Am I the only one having a Like/HATE relationship with this months mix.

At times, awesome... other moments, I want to hunt down the individual members of that band and beat them with a metronome while screaming - ONE! TWOOO! THREEEEEE! FOURRRRRRR! over and over until they are dissolved into mush....
Old 08-18-2018, 01:11 AM   #20
DaveKeehl

you’re not! I thought that since I checked them out! Lol
Old 08-18-2018, 07:27 PM   #21
Not_Here

PHewww!

I have to say, I'm not sure how this mix will eventually work out-
But, I do know that I have been trying to break Reaper and it's plugins in every way I can possibly get a signal to pass.

What rules?

Bass player likes the 1.4K F# harmonic.... fingernails or pick?

Last edited by Not_Here; 08-19-2018 at 11:43 PM. Reason: sp
Old 08-19-2018, 11:43 PM   #22
Not_Here

"Is there anybody - out there..."

Got a mix... gotta let it sit for a day and settle in... I was not nice to this song, I did not play well with the tracks and their plugins. They will not like me in the morning. Especially after I gave the mix $30 and told it to pay the Pizza Delivery guy on the way out.. I made it leave without it's shoes too.

BAh!
Old 08-20-2018, 08:20 AM   #23
DaveKeehl

yes there are quite a few people they just don't stop by here

I'm now mixing the song and I was wondering... do you guys prefer working only with well performed sessions? I don't know if I should accept any song or do a sort of quality check before saying yes.
Old 08-20-2018, 05:15 PM   #24
Not_Here

I think that the final opinions should take into consideration what we all have started with. Though admittedly there are those whom are more experienced in the techniques to rescue a "loosely performed" session the adage G.I.G.O. applies to some degree?

I am trying to learn how to better overcome these little issues. This time I listened to the raw tracks lightly balanced out and tried to come up with a plan of What I wanted it to come out like. I decided I was going to mix their performance and not try to perform it for them. That being said, if it were not for the contest rules there would have been some "replacing" going on.

I have just two little things I want to address this evening, then I'm calling it properly mangled, crushed, crunched, smashed.

Whether or not anybody else likes what I did? Well that's up to them.
I learned a buttload on this mix regardless. That is just as valuable as favorable reviews (maybe not as immediately gratifying), or perhabs a little more valuable. As it will pay of further down the road, when the stakes are higher. Dig it.

Besides on really crap tracks there is aways a Mute.

***** This just in....

I have just located the original drum/mic set up for these tracks... who knew?!

Last edited by Not_Here; 08-20-2018 at 09:57 PM.
Old 08-21-2018, 04:45 AM   #25
kgarello

Yeah - I so wanted to replace that kick.

This was probably my toughest mix. I kept thinking ... "that sounds pretty good", then listening the next day... "What was I thinking?"
kgarello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 03:18 PM   #26
Yfoiler

Quote:
Am I the only one having a Like/HATE relationship with this months mix.

At times, awesome... other moments, I want to hunt down the individual members of that band and beat them with a metronome while screaming - ONE! TWOOO! THREEEEEE! FOURRRRRRR! over and over until they are dissolved into mush....
Yes, there are timing issues, but I actually like the overall energy and besides; our job as mixers is to make it sound the best we can with what is delivered to us. In this case we are not allowed to do any edits. I consider time slipping any out of time parts to fall under the word; "edit". I made zero edits to my version...
ASUS Intel i7 3.4GHz, 32GB RAM, 5 Velociraptor drives, Win 8x64, Reaper 64, RME ADI-2 Pro Mastering AD/DA, Otari MTR-12's, IGS TubeCore 3U mastering, Pultec EQ's, SPL EQ, Custom RJR Baxandall EQ, UA6176, ML-9600 Mastering CD, Barefoot Monitors, too many guitars :-)
Yfoiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 03:39 PM   #27
Dex

Quote:
I'm now mixing the song and I was wondering... do you guys prefer working only with well performed sessions? I don't know if I should accept any song or do a sort of quality check before saying yes.
Well it's certainly funner to work with a well recorded session and that will likely lead to a better result in less time, but the more poorly performed and recorded sessions tend to teach you a lot more. I'd rather we not have any sort of minimum quality rule and just do the best we can with what we get.

I'd certainly be interested in hearing about what things people learned and what specific techniques they used to deal with the tricky parts. I'd also be interested in hearing from the more experienced mixers what you would do differently if you weren't restricted to reaper plugins. I'll probably write something up about my experience in the coming days.

Also, as poor as this multi track was overall, there were some great parts in it and some tracks that didn't really need much cleanup.
Old 08-21-2018, 05:09 PM   #28
Not_Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgarello View Post
Yeah - I so wanted to replace that kick.

This was probably my toughest mix. I kept thinking ... "that sounds pretty good", then listening the next day... "What was I thinking?"
I feel ya brutha! I get it pretty close, but always that one little thing that just screams at me the next morning...

I wanted to replace Kick, Snares, and toms. O h and the HH could have used a little help too.

No Matter what I still found a "mix" that will be as complete as I'm able for this contest. It could be so much better if I could just finish it with some "proper" tools. So it is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yfoiler View Post
Yes, there are timing issues, but I actually like the overall energy and besides; our job as mixers is to make it sound the best we can with what is delivered to us. In this case we are not allowed to do any edits. I consider time slipping any out of time parts to fall under the word; "edit". I made zero edits to my version...
No denying the great energy of some parts... The song structure is fantastic. I liked the whole thing. I also did not adjust any timing or move anything. I remembered back to my days of recording our demo's with a 488 portastudio. We worked the little bumps and dirty bits as they were.

Quote:
Well it's certainly funner to work with a well recorded session and that will likely lead to a better result in less time, but the more poorly performed and recorded sessions tend to teach you a lot more. I'd rather we not have any sort of minimum quality rule and just do the best we can with what we get.

I'd certainly be interested in hearing about what things people learned and what specific techniques they used to deal with the tricky parts. I'd also be interested in hearing from the more experienced mixers what you would do differently if you weren't restricted to reaper plugins. I'll probably write something up about my experience in the coming days.

Also, as poor as this multi track was overall, there were some great parts in it and some tracks that didn't really need much cleanup.
+100 about learning more when we have to solve problems. I tend to learn about how to combine plugs to achieve what I am wanting to hear. I learned a great deal about how to combine Route, Buss, sidechain, Fx sends etc, in three or four completely different set-ups in this months Mix.

I'll gladly share my .rpp . I'm not sure it would be helpful as much as a "WTF was Not Here thinking?!!" but the offer is there.

I'm not sure if I would have even attacked the mix in the same way with aftermarket plugs as far as what I wanted to do. I would have had use of tools that enabled me to be more comfortable and effective and more Creative for sure. But I would have still had the same goal and ideas of what I wanted the song to sound like. I feel I would have a considerably better sound, and been able to have a better "psuedo mastered" mix at the end than I do now. This current mix is just that.

I learn Reaper as a DAW the most in these contests. I learned far more about mixing from other sources.

I want so bad to just run it through my master chain just to get it sounding finished and polished...

I did like the guitars, there was a lot of signal there to leave room to move them around in the mix. Only bit of a mess was the percussion tracks.

**threw in my towel and just stopped futzing with it. I'm never going to make it sound like I want. Submitted it as it is.
Have a nice day...

Last edited by Not_Here; 08-21-2018 at 09:11 PM.
Old 08-22-2018, 08:42 AM   #29
Dex

13 entries. Great! Can't wait to hear what everyone did with this one.
Old 08-22-2018, 05:15 PM   #30
Not_Here

Interesting differences in how everyone handled the bass drop. Sounds like a great bunch of mixes!
Old 08-24-2018, 12:20 AM   #31
DaveKeehl

That kick drum... haha sometimes I'm really surprised at how someone can so easily screw something up Lol
Btw the tom1 was a trigger? how did you guys handled it?

Also, I made a video and released my personal template check it out: https://reapercontest.wixsite.com/home/template

I started making videos on youtube so maybe subscribe and stay tuned!
Old 08-26-2018, 10:25 AM   #32
Dex

Quote:
That kick drum... haha sometimes I'm really surprised at how someone can so easily screw something up Lol
I wonder whose mix you're referring to...

I hope it's not mine!

Or maybe you're referring to the original recorded session, in which case I wholeheartedly agree.

Quote:
I just tried to make it sound like a tom and blended it in. I'm not sure what else you could do with it.
Old 08-27-2018, 04:50 AM   #33
D Rocks

hey guys was not able to join for mixing in last months but I took time to listen and vote for this one. There two mixes that were close and I've picked the one with most punch and interest in vocals although it was close to the other one. I'm not sure if its good to name them yet so I'll wait till the end of the contest.

good job

cheers
Old 08-27-2018, 05:23 AM   #34
DaveKeehl

Quote:
I wonder whose mix you're referring to...

I hope it's not mine!

Or maybe you're referring to the original recorded session, in which case I wholeheartedly agree.

I just tried to make it sound like a tom and blended it in. I'm not sure what else you could do with it.
haha yeah I was referring to the raw recorded files, I still haven't listened to the entries so I'm really curious to see how you guys have dealt with some of those atrocities
Old 08-28-2018, 05:13 AM   #35
Olli H

Quote:
I took the tom sound mainly from DrumsRoom.flac file. Quite much automation but the sound was there.
Olli H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 10:01 AM   #36
Dex

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Rocks View Post
hey guys was not able to join for mixing in last months but I took time to listen and vote for this one. There two mixes that were close and I've picked the one with most punch and interest in vocals although it was close to the other one.
Just a general comment - music can always be made punchier and it's possible to overdo it. You want your music to be pleasant to listen to even if it's aggressive music, not punch you in the face as hard as it can. Please reference commercial mixes you enjoy listening to.

Anyway I got my vote in. Looking forward to the results and the feedback!
Old 08-31-2018, 12:34 PM   #37
DaveKeehl

This shouldn't come as a surprise anymore

THE WINNER IS GRASS!

You know what to do

Updated analytics (click it)

August 2018 ranking:

New Top 10:

Old 08-31-2018, 01:56 PM   #38
Grass

Wooow, thank you guys!!! In this month there were a lot of good works. It was a difficult multitrack session, but I get more experience when I work with this unpleasant record.

This is some feedback when I heard it for the first time:

ID 01. Some muddy mix for my ears, maybe too mach bass guitar, lack of drums. I like your guitars.
ID 02. Very good energy and aggression, some lack of voice for me, i don't like clips or harmonic distortion in the mix
ID 03. Balance is good. Some boxy mix, garage punk atmosphere. It's not very suitable for me. I like your creative in guitars.
ID 04. Good balance, energy, some over compressed for me, sound is a little harshy.
ID 05. Very good balance, don't like vocal and back vocal chains, but energy is very good.
ID 06. Good aggressive drums, some lack of lead voice for me
ID 07. Good balance, little lack of energy for me, and i don't like harmonic distortion.
ID 08. Some resonating cymbals, too much cymbals for my taste, energy is good.
ID 10. Interesting mix, good atmosphere, but it's not very suitable here.
IS 11. Over Compressed mix, sound too harsh and distorted.
ID 12. Good balance, a little lack of voice for me, end is too harsh for me.
ID 13. Too much bass for my taste, interesting effect on the voice. Sometimes not enough rock energy.
Grass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 03:35 PM   #39
Yfoiler

Default Congrats!

Big Congrats Grass! IMHO your mix was clearly the winner and it was difficult for me to pick 2nd and 3rd. But a lot of good efforts on this one from everyone. I'm new to the Reaper contests but will be back next month for sure. Next time I won't find out about the contest 3 hours before deadline! ha!

Cheers!
Yfoiler
ASUS Intel i7 3.4GHz, 32GB RAM, 5 Velociraptor drives, Win 8x64, Reaper 64, RME ADI-2 Pro Mastering AD/DA, Otari MTR-12's, IGS TubeCore 3U mastering, Pultec EQ's, SPL EQ, Custom RJR Baxandall EQ, UA6176, ML-9600 Mastering CD, Barefoot Monitors, too many guitars :-)
Yfoiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 03:44 PM   #40
Dex

Congrats again Grass

Wall of text feedback incoming...

General comment: As recorded the guitars had a ton of energy in the 3-4k range, which is where the human ear is the most sensitive. The biggest problem I heard was people not treating or balancing this frequency range, leading to imbalanced, harsh, and fatiguing mixes.

1 - The vocals are the best part of this one. Nice and present but too dry and overcompressed at some points. A little delay would go a long way toward helping them sit better. Not enough separation between instruments. Too much high freq content in the guitars. Chorus doesn't hit very hard. Can't hear the toms when the drummer starts wailing on them. Drums are not loud enough in general.

2 - Nice slamming intro. Vox too quiet. I hear lots of weird quiet pops on headphones. EQ a touch too telephone-y.
INTRO (0:00): I like the energy and the bass.
VERSE 1 (0:12): I don't know why but this makes me feel claustrophobic. Vox are way too quiet, and maybe the stereo field is too narrow? The palm mutes sound great.
TOM HITS (0:36): Handled decently well.
CHORUS 1 (0:48): Hits well.
SUB DROP AND GUITAR SOLO (1:12): Sub drop is a little loud but other than that it's good.
ADDICTION (1:24): Vox still too quiet but other than that it's fine. Would have liked to hear the tightly muted guitar at 1:42.
CHORUS 2 (2:00): Hits well, all vox still too quiet.
PRESSURE UP (2:24): Good palm mutes. I'm glad I can hear the bass drum.
BREAK (2:48): It's ok
BRIDGE TO FINAL CHORUS (3:06): Did you really intend the vocals to fade away like that?
FINAL CHORUS (3:12): It's ok
Adjust the vocal levels, pops, and EQ and this one would be in pretty good shape.

3 - Underwater EQ balance. Drums are quite raw but otherwise good. You can hear everything the drummer is playing and it all hits hard. I love what you did with the guitars at 1:30.

4 - Reminds me a lot of the "CLA mix" on the MT fourms.
Too much content around 3-4k wears out the ears quickly. Backing vox are really good.
INTRO (0:00): Everything hits hard but the ride bell is too loud and the drums are super overcompressed. The snare in particular gets old quickly.
VERSE 1 (0:12): Vox overdistorted at 0:27, but it was a good idea. Background vox good.
TOM HITS (0:36): They don't hit as hard as I was expecting given the rest of the drum mix.
CHORUS 1 (0:48): Where'd the background vox go? The ones that are there are good.
SUB DROP AND GUITAR SOLO (1:12): Handled pretty well.
ADDICTION (1:24): Drop the lead guitar 2 dB. Can't hear the toms again. Transition into chorus is good.
CHORUS 2 (2:00): Hits well.
PRESSURE UP (2:24): It's fine.
BREAK (2:48): It's fine.
BRIDGE TO FINAL CHORUS (3:06): Decent. Chorus could hit a little harder.
FINAL CHORUS (3:12): Backing vox great. Lead guitar is shredding my eardrums though.

5 - Sounds good from the start. Guitars are maybe a little too raw, but I LOVE what you did with the palm mutes. Vox are good but could be maybe 2db quiter. Drums start to get a little lost under the vox. Good mix but a little static and boring. Get some volume or stereo width automation on some of the parts to really make them pop to take this to the next level. For instance, the choruses hit decently well but could hit harder with automation. Liked the treatment of the sub drop.

6 - ME

7 - There's some unpleasant distortion going on throughout the mix.

8 -
INTRO (0:00): Like the energy but the drums+guitars sound quite trashy. Too much 3k-4k.
VERSE 1 (0:12): Where'd the bass drum and the stereo width go?
TOM HITS (0:36): Can kind of hear them, and the snare gets a little buried.
CHORUS 1 (0:48): Chorus hits well and female backing vox are good. Male backing vox are a little buried. Still too much high freqs, which makes the crash cymbals unpleasant.
SUB DROP AND GUITAR SOLO (1:12): Sub drop not present. Guitar solo and timing problems handled well.
ADDICTION (1:24): Liked that I could hear the different cymbals being hit.
CHORUS 2 (2:00): Same as chorus 1.
BREAK (2:48): It's fine. This part really exemplifies the trashiness I mentioned earlier.
BRIDGE TO FINAL CHORUS (3:06): Works well enough although I can't hear those tom hits like I want to.
FINAL CHORUS (3:12): Decent.

9 -
INTRO (0:00): Rockin from the start, perhaps a touch overcompressed. Snare is actually a touch too loud.
VERSE 1 (0:12): Vox are good, whole thing is well-balanced.
TOM HITS (0:36): They're there but hard to hear. Backing vox ("So so desperate") are uninspiring.
CHORUS 1 (0:48): Hits nice and hard. Backing vox are good.
SUB DROP AND GUITAR SOLO (1:12): Liked how you used the delay on the lead guitar to help mask the timing problems. Tambre is a little off though.
ADDICTION (1:24): This part is ok. The tom hits are lacking toward the end.
CHORUS 2 (2:00): Hits well. Same as first chorus.
BREAK (2:48): It's fine.
BRIDGE TO FINAL CHORUS (3:06): I'm missing the lead guitar buildup.
FINAL CHORUS (3:12): It's fine.

10 -
INTRO (0:00): Drums nice and punchy but a little tonally imbalanced. Guitars need a lot of eq to be fixed.
VERSE 1 (0:12): Too much verb on vox. Can't hear guitar parts very well.
TOM HITS (0:36): I can only hear some of them.
CHORUS 1 (0:48): Doesn't stand out. Backing vox are well balanced.
SUB DROP AND GUITAR SOLO (1:12): Whoa, sub drop too loud. Nothing special going on here.
ADDICTION (1:24): At this point I realize the mix is feeling a little too laid back for what the song is trying to be.
CHORUS 2 (2:00):
PRESSURE UP (2:24): The exposed vocals here really reveal how you have too much verb on them.
BREAK (2:48): Same comment.
BRIDGE TO FINAL CHORUS (3:06): Doesn't have the impact it needs.
FINAL CHORUS (3:12): I appreciate you burying/omitting those godawful strings. Hah.

11 -
INTRO (0:00): Need to tame that 3-4k on the guitars. Drums are hard to make out, especially the kick.
VERSE 1 (0:12): Vocals decently done. It's hard to hear much of the drums other than the snare.
TOM HITS (0:36): Can't hear them clearly, and the guitars are hurting my ears at this point.
CHORUS 1 (0:48): Hits nicely but again you really need to tame that 3-4k range.
SUB DROP AND GUITAR SOLO (1:12): Handled just fine.
ADDICTION (1:24): It's ok.
CHORUS 2 (2:00): Hits nicely again.
PRESSURE UP (2:24): I appreciate the eq on the vocals for the effect but it's making the 3-4k range even louder and more uncomfortable.
BREAK (2:48): It's fine aside from the guitar EQ problems.
BRIDGE TO FINAL CHORUS (3:06): It works well.
FINAL CHORUS (3:12): It's fine.

12 -
INTRO (0:00): Intro is good. Plenty of energy.
VERSE 1 (0:12): Didn't like how much you turned down the guitars, and that made the snare poke out too much.
TOM HITS (0:36): Can't hear them very well. I feel like the music keeps fading away.
CHORUS 1 (0:48): Chorus hits strong but only because you lowered the music earlier. It's about the same energy level as the intro and it should be a little louder/higher energy instead.
SUB DROP AND GUITAR SOLO (1:12): Sub drop a little loud but ok. Lead guitar handled well.
ADDICTION (1:24): It's fine.
CHORUS 2 (2:00): At this point I realize the mix is pretty mono. The sides seem to really only have drums and vocals. You should have more guitars and less vocals in the sides.
BREAK (2:48): Very interesting to drop the guitars here. Neat choice.
BRIDGE TO FINAL CHORUS (3:06): The buildup isn't as strong as it should be.
FINAL CHORUS (3:12): Mix too crowded, drowned out by that lead guitar.

13 -
INTRO (0:00): The mix is dominated by "whistling" in the 2-3k range
VERSE 1 (0:12): Too much reverb on vox, and unpleasant artifacts from the t's in the lyrics. The band is hidden too far under the vox.
TOM HITS (0:36): They're there but hard to make out.
CHORUS 1 (0:48): Interesting choice to make the band quieter instead of louder when the chorus comes in. I kinda like it but I don't think it fits the song.
SUB DROP AND GUITAR SOLO (1:12): Too-obvious volume automation but cool fx.
ADDICTION (1:24): Vocal reverb problems continue. It feels like the drums are getting quieter and more lost in the mix the farther we get into the song.
CHORUS 2 (2:00): Same as chorus 1
PRESSURE UP (2:24): Here the verb on the vox works.
BREAK (2:48): EQ is a bit underwater here.
BRIDGE TO FINAL CHORUS (3:06): Doesn't have the impact it wants.
FINAL CHORUS (3:12): Vox are starting to get drowned out. Instruments are hard to distinguish.

Voted 9>2>5.