Old 07-08-2020, 08:07 PM   #1
lonnie sharpe
Human being with feelings

Default How do I cut wave?

Hi guys.

I am switching to reaper from cool edit pro so just need advice on how to do things and will probably have to ask for every step of my process. I've seen tutorials but they mention too many things that are not relevant to what I wanna do. My beat making process is like 7 steps and not very complicated. Can get my file in but have on idea how to edit it. Thought it would be as simple as double clicking it but no. Seems not.

I just want to work out how to cut a portion then past it as a seperate file so I can then put them together in the pattern I want on a single track then mix them down.

As for filtering well I will message again to work out how to use this EQ feature on there because I'm confused about how to apply it to the file. The whole thing is a headache at this stage but willing to spend hours and hours working it out if I can get the basics down.
lonnie sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 08:15 PM   #2
lonnie sharpe

Anyway might just study the instruction manual in detail until I get it. Probably the best approach.
Old 07-08-2020, 08:30 PM   #3
Fex

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie sharpe View Post
Anyway might just study the instruction manual in detail until I get it. Probably the best approach.
Probably. That said, there are lots of good tutorial vids around too.

Click on an audio item, put the time-pointer thingummy where you want to cut it, press S on your keyboard, and the item will split.

The actual wave is not cut, in fact, because Reaper's editing is non-destructive, but that's another story.

Pro tip - right click everything.

Everything.
Fex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 10:12 PM   #4
lonnie sharpe

Thanks for the reply man. Actually working everything out pretty fast. If I can just get my usual work flow going then that will be great then I can get into more complex stuff if need be.
Old 07-08-2020, 10:22 PM   #5
numberthirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie sharpe View Post
Thanks for the reply man. Actually working everything out pretty fast. If I can just get my usual work flow going then that will be great then I can get into more complex stuff if need be.
Good to hear(well, what I assume...) that it's coming together for you.

Hope that things keep going that way.
numberthirty is offline   Reply With Quote