Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 07-10-2020, 06:29 AM   #1
Metrobot
Human being with feelings

Default Best way to select item for midi note input? Arrange page or midi editor track list?

Hello,
I find selecting several tracks and choosing the proper track for midi input difficult when each track has lots of midi items (see attached photo) so I generally select which item I want to receive midi by selecting it from the arrange page (ctrl+cmd+double click) and then it appears highlighted atop the other selected midi items. I have the midi editor in one window and the arrange page in another.
The problem I have is when I select the item, the view in the midi editor zooms out to the length of the selected item and I have to zoom back in again.
I'd like to be able to switch which Item receives midi input without this happening or preferably use a more efficient way in the midi editor tracklist.
Does anyone know how to do this? Is there a better way to distinguish which items are which in the tracklist? As you can see in the photo the vibes track has lots of midi items and I can't tell which one I want to be selected.
-M
Attached Images
File Type: png Track list.png (24.6 KB, 80 views)

Last edited by Metrobot; 07-10-2020 at 06:35 AM.
Metrobot is offline   Reply With Quote