Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 09-20-2017, 06:09 AM   #1
Scoox
Human being with feelings

Default Full velocity notes velocity white "dots"

This is a small aesthetic issue that can be confusing, please see below screenshot:

The image shows full velocity MIDI notes, the left half is what it looks like now, the right half is what I'd like it too look like. The white dots are the end points of the note velocity handle. IMO these dots are aesthetically unpleasant, especially when velocity = 127 as in the above example, so my request is to get rid of them, because they don't serve any useful purpose. When velocity is not 127, the velocity line across the note is readily visible, making the dots even more redundant. For the longest time those dots gave me the impression that there were two super short notes at either of my full velocity notes, with some kind of curved top corner. It just looks weird. What do you think?
Attached Images
File Type: png Full velocity notes.png (2.6 KB, 308 views)
Scoox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 07:48 AM   #2
EvilDragon
Human being with feelings

We'll, you can remove the handles altogether and just use a mouse modifier to alter velocity instead. I find the handles not really that useful compared to using a mouse modifier, I'd rather want to see the velocity number within the note, so that's how I have it set up.

This seems like something for Casa de nitpicks rather than FR, btw.
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote