Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 04-12-2018, 05:59 AM   #1
zosoaudo007
Human being with feelings

Default Bug: Region Manager: Left click while editing a name does not move text cursor

Circumstance: A region with a name, and you want to edit the name in the region manager window.

If you have a region in the region manager and double click to edit the name field (this issue is apparent only when there is a name in the field), that entry is editable. The user expects to be able to left click anywhere in that field to move the text/edit cursor. However, if the user left clicks in that field, the field is deselected. The user must use the keyboard to navigate their way through the field.
zosoaudo007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 02:21 PM   #2
GameAudioRvlzzr
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by zosoaudo007 View Post
if the user left clicks in that field, the field is deselected. The user must use the keyboard to navigate their way through the field.
Yes, this frustrates me, too.

I always press the arrow keys which makes the cursor land at the beginning or end of the filename. If i just want to change one number in the name (which i do very often many times over), i then have to press the arrow keys like a dozen times to move the cursor to the right place in the filename.

I find this super tedious. -.- Would be so much quicker to place the cursor using the mouse. Of course, an awesome batch rename function, similar to the wildcard naming system in the render dialogue, would be even better.
GameAudioRvlzzr is offline   Reply With Quote