Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 12-14-2022, 08:58 AM   #1
X-Raym
Human being with feelings

Default 📄 Doc: REAPER Action List Interactive Web Page (with extensions and scripts)

Hi,

"Does this action exists ?" "is there an action for... ?" "Has anyone made a script to...?"
These are common questions for reaper users.

To help people on the forum or to be able to answer some questions even if I'm not on REAPER, I built a web page with my action list. This way I can see what already exists, how it is named etc.

As it is for my personal needs, it is pretty minimal, yet functional. It doesn't have any extra infos or fancy features like synonyms, translation search, Boolean operators, reapack related infos etc at this moment as it would be quite overkill, but it does have:

• user input to filter the list (start at 4 characters for performance saving)
  • mobile friendly design
  • partial string matching highlighting
  • click/touch to copy
  • performance optimized

My action list has been filtered to omit all action starting with beta_, which is my custom prefix for script not released (often, quick code snippets). It also features all reapack repo from reapack.com, some other reapack repos and alternative scripts pack, all reateam extensions, my premium and unreleased scripts etc... 32732 actions registered at this time (so at least 15 000 registered scripts and 5 000 from extensions).

I use it quite often, so even if I don't plan to update it too often or to add extra features, I think some of you can take advantage as it as as well. Just put it on your bookmarks and you will be good :P

The companion script has been released in my free reapack repo as:
  • X-Raym_Copy filtered action names list to clipboard.lua

Please consider making a donation if you enjoy my work, or buying one of my premium scripts pack. This will really help.

Enjoy!

Last edited by X-Raym; 01-24-2023 at 06:52 AM.
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 09:47 AM   #2
vitalker

That's great, thanks.
It would be cool if there was a page with descriptions of actions, but that will probably require someone to write all the descriptions, because there are no descriptions.
Old 12-14-2022, 09:51 AM   #3
X-Raym

@vitalker
Fortunately most actions have self explanatory names. But some don't (see the related ReaComics &#129313.

I considered adding extra infos like repository name or reapack description but this really make the page bigger. It is quite huge already ^^
But click to copy allows to make google search if needed.
Old 12-14-2022, 09:59 AM   #4
vitalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Raym View Post
@vitalker
Fortunately most actions have self explanatory names. But some don't (see the related ReaComics &#129313.
Nice one! I didn't remember I was reading this. Actually I don't know how should I post scripts on the forum with a name, if I just paste it to PHP/CODE tag. Attachments thing is pretty broken and not very useful, especially if you need to read some of lines or you are searching for different functions for your script and need to find it quickly.

Actually MonkeyBars is type 1+2 in a good manner. He thinks up creative names and really funny (in a good way) descriptions + names of some scripts are self-explanatory. The best type, not mentioned there.
Old 12-14-2022, 10:01 AM   #5
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Does it feature the source-repository for a script as well? So I can quickly install the repo via ReaPack?
Old 12-14-2022, 10:14 AM   #6
X-Raym

@Mespotine
I considered name. Not links cause some are private/premium.

So to quickly install most of this quickly it is simply on the Copy all buttons of https://reapack.com/repos

Though I miss a reapack API function to simply go from CMD ID -> Reapack Info.

Anyway, it was mostly for quick forum usage practice, not meant to be an exhaustive source of informations with screenshots and all. :P
Old 12-14-2022, 02:01 PM   #7
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Raym View Post
So to quickly install most of this quickly it is simply on the Copy all buttons of https://reapack.com/repos
Oh damnit now you tell me, last time I reinstalled REAPER I copied all repo URLs one by one as I missed the Copy all button lol.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 03:09 AM   #8
X-Raym

Default Update

Just added search terms in URI query, and set input and filter at document start when URI is ready as well. Make it easy to share search results:

Code:
https://www.extremraym.com/cloud/reaper-action-list/?s=set%20item%20position%20and%20order
https://www.extremraym.com/cloud/rea...%20and%20order

😎
Old 01-24-2023, 10:53 AM   #9
X-Raym

I ditch the ajax loading, now it is right from PHP. Even faster to init!
Old 01-25-2023, 08:19 AM   #10
X-Raym

Default Update

I haved added ID support on my Action List page: on click it put ID on URL query and then you can share this link: https://www.extremraym.com/cloud/rea...WITEMTBASEPROJ

This can be very useful for people using REAPER in non english and who need to find ID in english of the action.
Old 01-26-2023, 11:22 PM   #11
X-Raym

Default Update

Oops, my new coded deleted the native actions from the list,
It is fixed now :P