Old 01-26-2023, 05:44 AM   #1
TomL
Human being with feelings

Default Moving regions

Let us say I have nine items each in their own region and I want to move the fourth region/item to after region nine and preserve the position of regions 5 to 9 in the timeline. Can this be done?

Even with ripple off whenever I move a region later the regions in front of were I move it to move up in time. Is there a way to disable this behaviour so that the regions retain their position against timcode?
TomL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 07:58 AM   #2
norbury brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomL View Post
Let us say I have nine items each in their own region and I want to move the fourth region/item to after region nine and preserve the position of regions 5 to 9 in the timeline. Can this be done?

Even with ripple off whenever I move a region later the regions in front of were I move it to move up in time. Is there a way to disable this behaviour so that the regions retain their position against timcode?
so you want to have a gap where region 4 was?

I'd just copy it to after region 9 then delete the region and remove the items.

M
Old 01-26-2023, 10:10 AM   #3
TomL

Thank you, and that is exactly what I did on this occasion.
I can understand why removing regions works the way it does I was just a little surprised that Reaper being Reaper I could not find a way of removing regions without ripple.
Quite often I will start work on a CD master before the running order has been decided and get a basic shape before moving everything to the final order later. Just grabbing a track by it's region is convenient if I have done edits to the tracks as it is less easy to muck up by miss clicking.
Always a thousand ways to do things in Reaper just not the one I prefer this time.
TomL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 09:23 AM   #4
norbury brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomL View Post
Thank you, and that is exactly what I did on this occasion.
I can understand why removing regions works the way it does I was just a little surprised that Reaper being Reaper I could not find a way of removing regions without ripple.
Quite often I will start work on a CD master before the running order has been decided and get a basic shape before moving everything to the final order later. Just grabbing a track by it's region is convenient if I have done edits to the tracks as it is less easy to muck up by miss clicking.
Always a thousand ways to do things in Reaper just not the one I prefer this time.
perhaps you could make a macro to do what we've suggested or a script?

Or if you're only working with stereo files you might not need to use regions at all.

M