Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 02-21-2018, 03:52 PM   #1
Dehenry
Human being with feelings

Default Error "Can't open module" on project load

After I updated to 5.75 today I tried to open a project that I saved yesterday without any problems. I got ca. 50 error messages one after another, each starting with "Can't open Module" and followed by e.g. "EP BPM 2 Delay Time" or "Synthedit BPM Clock V2". After I confirmed each one of them the project loaded and apparently worked normally. I returned to 5.70, but the problem persisted, so I'm not sure if the update has anything to do with it.

I found this tip. I have my vst folder in the Program Files directory and I would like to keep it there. So I fiddled around with the user permissions. At first my user name didn't appear in the user name list. I don't really know how the UAC works, but finally managed (I believe...) to add my user name to the list and enable write access for it. But the problem is still there.

What else can I do to get rid of the error messages and what could have caused them? I haven't changed any of the plugins, in particular I haven't added any Synthedit plugins.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:05 AM   #2
solger

Have you already tried the following:
- Doing a [Clear cache/re-scan] via Preferences > Plug-ins > VST?
- Rebooting your computer, just in case?

And is the problem the same when loading the project in Reaper via File > Open project - in comparison to opening the .RPP file directly from a file browser?

You might find some additional hints here:
- https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=169345
- https://www.reddit.com/r/Reaper/comm...the_specified/

Last edited by solger; 02-22-2018 at 03:17 AM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 02:36 PM   #3
Dehenry

Thanks Solger! Reboot and clear cache/rescan didn't help and the problem is the same regardless of how I open the project. I now bypassed all Synthedit plugins in the Project, but that doesn't help either.