Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 11-11-2017, 02:58 PM   #1
gentlemanRabbit
Human being with feelings

Default Izotope Plugins Cause REAPER to Freeze and Lag

Whenever I insert Izotope's Neutron on a track, it takes 5 to 10 seconds to load, and in the meantime freezes the REAPER UI. The REAPER UI even freezes for a second when the plugin window is closed.

Also, the pin icon from the FX Browser stays on the Arrange window after the FX Browser is closed. It stays on the screen until REAPER is restarted; or until I reopen the FX Browser window, then it seems to reattach itself to the window.

I did notice that when I disable the UI via the plugin UI button in the top right of the plugin window, the problem goes away. The only issue with this solution is that I can't use any of the plugins metering.

Running Windows 10 with everything on the system updated. I have tried the VST2 and VST3 version with the same results.

Here is a video:

https://youtu.be/5AfBs3bSymc

I contacted Izotope and they said it is a "known issue" and "they are trying to fix it. I hope there is some truth to that.

I tried the plugin in Bitwig Studio 2 and while it takes a while to open the UI, its not nearly as long as in REAPER, and Bitwig does not freeze or hang while is is opening the plugin UI.

Has anyone else experienced this, or can give any advice for fixing it?
gentlemanRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote