Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 05-08-2017, 05:08 AM   #1
Disaye
Human being with feelings

Default "Incoherent" CPU Usage with Reaper

Hello Everyone !

When i'm using Reaper, my computer starts to make a huge ventilation noise as soon as I load some plugs.

And when I check the Performance Meter, it shows me a CPU usage way different from the Activity Monitor.

For instance, I'm working on a project with a few Lepou Plugs and cockos EQ, Performance Meter tells me i'm using around 25% of my CPU with 15 plugs, and the Activity Monitors tells me Reaper is using more than 200% CPU...

I don't think it's related to the computer ability, I can run heavier project with Pro Tools without having such a huge ventilation noise and CPU usage.

At first I thought it was related to buffering because when Reaper is open but offline, Activity Moniter tells me Reaper is around 3 to 5% CPU usage. But i'm still kind of a newbie here, so if someone has an idea about it, that would be very nice !

My computer techs : MacBook Pro with OS X 10.8.5, 2,9 Ghz Intel Core I7, 8go Ram.

I've been looking around this forum to find an answer, if this kind of issues was already resolved, please link me the thread

Thanks Everyone !
D
Disaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 12:05 PM   #2
cfillion
Human being with feelings

Each fully used core count for a 100% in Activity Meter while REAPER's performance meter gives the overall usage of all cores.

In an 8 cores system, 2 fully used cores would be 200% in activity meter and 25% (200 / 8) in REAPER.

Last edited by cfillion; 05-08-2017 at 12:13 PM.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote