Old 04-07-2010, 09:53 PM   #1
ted
Human being with feelings

Default "somebody help me" ( .) ( .)

i use a couple of echo layla 20bit daw's and they work fine with reaper and win xp... ,, but i can't run 100 tracks and add dx's,, machine starts trying to crawl off desktop in screams of pain and suffering... i'm a keyboard player and just my way of recording my songs, i end up with a bunch of tracks and do not want to consolidate any tracks, til other players can get down and play their parts... someone might add some that would cause me to remove or edit my recorded tracks...the way i do things i can have 30 tracks for vocals (lead&backup).... so, i just play safe..........i sit on all tracks for a while waiting for right player to show ..i ain't gonna change the way i produce my songs, works for me... so lets not discuss all that,, please........but, i'm killing my 3.0 single core.........

so, i b uh chasing computers and find win-xp will run on a 64 bit quad core machine... but why do that, when reaper has 64 bit version software....
but what happens to my 20bit daw's???? i don't want to replace them... they work too good......... they gonna still work w/64 bit? "somebody help me"
ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:53 AM   #2
mrelwood

This is the OSX Forum. There might not be that much help available for XP users.

But if your computer is unable to give you the performance you need, perhaps you should consider an update on the computer?
Old 04-08-2010, 06:07 AM   #3
ted

my ignorance always shows up...........

i'll re-post elsewhere
ted is offline   Reply With Quote