Old 01-23-2019, 10:20 PM   #1
oldmanstan
Human being with feelings

Default Raspberry Pi Auto Recorder?

Hi friends!

I have curiosities about building a simple Raspberry Pi device that automatically records an AUX line from a mixer, for backup and redundancy purposes. The REAPER action "File: Save live output to disk (bounce)..." is perfect for what I'm imagining.

Is there a solid way to have REAPER execute this action on startup? SWS isn't an option because I'm eyeballing Raspberry Pi's for this.
oldmanstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 10:40 PM   #2
TexaCali

I know this is an old thread, but I was just thinking the same thing - configure a Raspberry Pi with Reaper, and stick it in the rack with my stage box (Soundcraft Ui24r) which also works as a USB audio interface, and configure it to automatically record all tracks to a file on boot. Haven't tried it yet, so curious if anyone else has or has ideas on this.

Thanks!
Mark
TexaCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 09:52 AM   #3
PMan

@TexaCali:

1. From the "Actions" menu, open the actions list.
2. Find the action you want, and copy the "Action ID" to the clipboard.
(you might have to scroll the window to see the Action ID)
3. From the "Extensions" menu, select "Startup Actions"
4. From there, select "Global Startup Actions"
5. Paste the "Action ID" into the popup window.
5. Click OK.

Every time you start Reaper, it will execute that startup command. That should do what you are want.

HTH
PMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 06:11 AM   #4
REDTone Studio

I know this is a fairly old thread but I have some questions. I don't have the hardware yet to do any testing just wondering about feasiblity.

Here is my use case:
I am a singer and acoustic guitar player playing brewerys and small bars. I run my vocal and guitar into a Behringer Flow 8 then out to my Bose Compact L1. The Flow 8 has the ability to send 8 channels to a computer to record multitrack. I'd like to record my shows but not lug around a laptop and have one more thing to setup and remember to hit record. I'd like to have a box with a Pi and Reaper loaded, no display, when powered up it would automatically run reaper, load a template, arm 2+ tracks and then start recording when it senses audio. Then save those files at the end of the show or during breaks.

Questions:
Is this possible?
Is there an autosave function for end of recording?
REDTone Studio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 09:45 AM   #5
DuX

There is an autosave function which can autosave at intervals, but the audio sensing to start recording is a problem. You could just start it a cpuple of minutes before the show and delete the silence afterwards in post-production.