Old 10-13-2019, 01:27 AM   #1
Strange Ways
Human being with feelings

Default MIDI editing problems

I have some MIDI items that I created in previous versions of REAPER (namely version 5.70 and previous). When I open these items in more current versions of REAPER, some of the MIDI mouse actions don't work correctly. For example, simple things such as double-click note to delete, or left-click/drag to move note don't work. However, if I create a new MIDI item, I don't have these problems. I can still do some things such as add notes and adjust velocity.

It's not the end of the world, just a bit frustrating. Even when I reset actions to default (though I've made no modifiers), I still have the same results. I'm still able to correctly edit these in 5.70 and previous, just having issues in more recent and current versions.

Any insight would help, thanks.
Strange Ways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 06:58 PM   #2
karbomusic

Hi there, I don't use much MIDI so I have no idea but I'm answering to get this bumped back to the top. Everyone else... anyone who can lend the OP a hint or suggestion?
Old 12-03-2019, 07:27 PM   #3
Strange Ways

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
Hi there, I don't use much MIDI so I have no idea but I'm answering to get this bumped back to the top. Everyone else... anyone who can lend the OP a hint or suggestion?
Thanks for the bump...I'm stuck using version 5.70 right now to alleviate the problem, but I want to to jump right into the new 6.0!
Old 12-03-2019, 08:14 PM   #4
Joe90

No idea why it would be happening. If I were you I'd be trying things like glueing the midi item to essentially create a new one. Or exporting the midi part and reimporting the midi file or the entire track into a fresh project. Or checking the midi editing preferences and setting the midi editor to 'one per project', or just generally experimenting with these settings.

May not fix anything, but it could at least shed some light on what's causing the issue.
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 08:41 PM   #5
Strange Ways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
No idea why it would be happening. If I were you I'd be trying things like glueing the midi item to essentially create a new one. Or exporting the midi part and reimporting the midi file or the entire track into a fresh project. Or checking the midi editing preferences and setting the midi editor to 'one per project', or just generally experimenting with these settings.

May not fix anything, but it could at least shed some light on what's causing the issue.
Thanks, I will definitely try all those suggestions.