Old 12-10-2017, 07:01 AM   #1
studer58
Human being with feelings

Default AudioSwift Trackpad control

Has anyone confirmed if this is a goer with Reaper ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVr6c6NNXk4

https://audioswiftapp.com/
studer58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:48 AM   #2
Golden Frog

Hi. I'm Nigel and I'm the developer of AudioSwift.

Reaper should already work with AudioSwift in Trigger, Scale, and XY mode just like any MIDI controller. In Mixer mode however I'm currently working on Reaper support, and should have the update in a couple of weeks. I'm still running some tests.

Best regards,
Golden Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 04:25 PM   #3
ivansc

Any plans for a Windows port? Looks interesting.
Old 01-17-2018, 04:45 PM   #4
domzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
there is this for windows

http://www.livelab.dk/touchpad2midi.php
domzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 10:47 AM   #5
Golden Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Hi. No for the moment.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:04 PM   #6
Golden Frog

Default New version 1.2.0 released. Now with Reaper support in Mixer Mode!

A new version of AudioSwift has been released. It now supports Reaper in Mixer Mode. Here is a video on how to configure AudioSwift inside Reaper:

https://youtu.be/iwE0_Br7BO8

LIMITED-TIME OFFER: Get 30% discount using coupon GOLDENFROG30 until March 2, 2018.

Last edited by Golden Frog; 02-18-2018 at 07:29 PM.
Old 04-12-2024, 12:22 PM   #7
AtomicRaven

Default AudioSwift not Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Frog View Post
A new version of AudioSwift has been released. It now supports Reaper in Mixer Mode. Here is a video on how to configure AudioSwift inside Reaper:

https://youtu.be/iwE0_Br7BO8

LIMITED-TIME OFFER: Get 30% discount using coupon GOLDENFROG30 until March 2, 2018.
Hi Nigel,

I have followed your tutorials but cannot get any synth in Reaper to recognize the track pad as CC Input. I am attempting to set up X/Y pads for ZebraHZ, Concept, Thrill etc...

It does not appear that the 'midi' information is getting to the VST. When I midi learn, I can assign other hardware controllers, but not AudioSwift. I can see the trackpad moving, have selected Mode: XY, and Enabled input and Control in Midi Devices. Please see Screenshots.

Not sure what the disconnect is.

Please Advise,
Rob
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 3.14.12 PM.png (190.5 KB, 22 views)
File Type: png Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 3.16.24 PM (2).png (231.2 KB, 22 views)
AtomicRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 12:58 PM   #8
Golden Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicRaven View Post
Hi Nigel,

I have followed your tutorials but cannot get any synth in Reaper to recognize the track pad as CC Input. I am attempting to set up X/Y pads for ZebraHZ, Concept, Thrill etc...

It does not appear that the 'midi' information is getting to the VST. When I midi learn, I can assign other hardware controllers, but not AudioSwift. I can see the trackpad moving, have selected Mode: XY, and Enabled input and Control in Midi Devices. Please see Screenshots.

Not sure what the disconnect is.

Please Advise,
Rob
Hi Rob. Thanks for trying out AudioSwift.

AudioSwift in XY Mode works like any other MIDI controller. You just need to enable the AudioSwift 3 port, set the CC numbers and activate AudioSwift to send MIDI. Please follow these steps:

1. In Reaper > Preferences > MIDI Devices, you need to enable the AudioSwift port 3 input. Enable port 3 in the columns Input, All, and Control. While you there, disable all columns for AudioSwift ports 1 and 2 inputs and disable AudioSwift 1, 2 and 3 outputs below (see attachment). AudioSwift ports 1 and 2 are reserved for the Mixer Mode (you can later watch the tutorial on how to configure it with Reaper).

2. You already set the CC numbers in the Console Window. Click your MIDI Learn function first. To start sending MIDI from the trackpad, make sure to arm record your track and enable the X or Y axis button (which you already have in the picture). Then enable AudioSwift by tapping the trackpad with a quick four or five finger tap gesture. The bottom of the Console window should turn from grey to red, meaning AudioSwift is active. Touch the trackpad to send MIDI, then hit escape when you finish to deactivate AudioSwift. Turn off the MIDI learn function.

The parameter should be now mapped to the X axis. Disable the X axis and repeat step 2 for the Y axis.

Let me know how it goes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Reaper Preferences Medium.jpeg (68.7 KB, 20 views)
Old 04-16-2024, 07:47 AM   #9
AtomicRaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Frog View Post
Hi Rob. Thanks for trying out AudioSwift.

AudioSwift in XY Mode works like any other MIDI controller. You just need to enable the AudioSwift 3 port, set the CC numbers and activate AudioSwift to send MIDI. Please follow these steps:

1. In Reaper > Preferences > MIDI Devices, you need to enable the AudioSwift port 3 input. Enable port 3 in the columns Input, All, and Control. While you there, disable all columns for AudioSwift ports 1 and 2 inputs and disable AudioSwift 1, 2 and 3 outputs below (see attachment). AudioSwift ports 1 and 2 are reserved for the Mixer Mode (you can later watch the tutorial on how to configure it with Reaper).

2. You already set the CC numbers in the Console Window. Click your MIDI Learn function first. To start sending MIDI from the trackpad, make sure to arm record your track and enable the X or Y axis button (which you already have in the picture). Then enable AudioSwift by tapping the trackpad with a quick four or five finger tap gesture. The bottom of the Console window should turn from grey to red, meaning AudioSwift is active. Touch the trackpad to send MIDI, then hit escape when you finish to deactivate AudioSwift. Turn off the MIDI learn function.

The parameter should be now mapped to the X axis. Disable the X axis and repeat step 2 for the Y axis.

Let me know how it goes.
Hi Nigel,

Yes that is now working in both standalone vst mode and with Kontact7.

Thanks - great product. One thing that made it easier for me to set the x/y midi control was turning on "Enable trackpad to automatically turn AudioSwift on". That way I didn't have to do the 4-5 finger tap. One less step, but also tapping sometimes does things you don't want, like selecting windows etc.

Rob
AtomicRaven is offline   Reply With Quote