COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :

Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Other Software Discussion > WDL users forum

Old 06-30-2019, 12:29 PM   #1
Nonlinear
Human being with feelings

Default Validation tool for testing AAX format?

Is there a validation tool for testing AAX format plugins - or is the only means to purchase Pro Tools?

I have the AAX SDK but haven't found any validation tools (like Steinberg has for VST). I want to see if the iPlug AAX builds WORK (and what mess I may be getting into) before I launch into Avid's commercial agreements, fees and DAW purchase/rent...

Last edited by Nonlinear; 06-30-2019 at 12:37 PM.
Nonlinear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 12:51 PM   #2
Xenakios

If there are any, the tools would be from Avid themselves, since no one else can make an AAX host application.
Old 06-30-2019, 02:39 PM   #3
Nonlinear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenakios View Post
If there are any, the tools would be from Avid themselves, since no one else can make an AAX host application.
Yes, there is a tool and it can be downloaded from the Avid registered Developer portal.

The folks at Avid have helped me out and I'm looking forward to working with them.
Nonlinear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 08:35 PM   #4
sstillwell

Yeah, was going to suggest...if you have problems with AAX related stuff, going to the Avid Developer forums is a far better idea. There's a limit to what can be discussed here due to NDA, but you can't get into the Developer forums unless you're already covered, so you can speak a lot more freely there and get down to specifics.

Their forum software kinda sucks (the older Digidesign forum was a lot better even if it was old), but the people and information are generally top-notch.