Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 07-07-2018, 10:40 AM   #1
cyberry_fields
Human being with feelings

Default No SYNC from iD14 into Reaper?

I'm trying to sync a tape transfer from old ADAT tapes through the iD14, to Reaper. I see that the iD14 is receiving a sync signal from the ADAT (got the green light) but when I set up synchronization on Reaper, it doesn't seem to work. I have it set to ASIO sync but it doesn't seem to sync, it just says waiting for timecode. Does anyone have any ideas about this? I have limited time with this equipment so time is of the essence! :-)
cyberry_fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 12:13 PM   #2
domzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberry_fields View Post
I'm trying to sync a tape transfer from old ADAT tapes through the iD14, to Reaper. I see that the iD14 is receiving a sync signal from the ADAT (got the green light) but when I set up synchronization on Reaper, it doesn't seem to work. I have it set to ASIO sync but it doesn't seem to sync, it just says waiting for timecode. Does anyone have any ideas about this? I have limited time with this equipment so time is of the essence! :-)
i think you are talking about two different types of sync. Generally, the sync signal from the adat to the interface is to do with ensuring the digital audio signal is transferring correctly from one to the other - ie the adat is the master and the id14 is the slave.
The synchronisation you are referring to in reaper is to do with starting / stopping at a particular time etc.
What exactly are you trying to do? do you have audio in reaper than needs to synchronise with the adat? If not, there is no reason to worry about sync in reaper, just press record and play the tape.
If so then you would possibly need to set up synchronisation via MTC or something? Does the adat accept midi?
domzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 03:21 PM   #3
cyberry_fields

Trying to sync the tapes so that once one is transferred then the next tape (that were originally recorded at the same time on ADATs).
cyberry_fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 04:52 PM   #4
domzy

i see, so the multi tracks are split over multiple tapes? if you have a sync track on the tapes it might be relatively straightforward to record & sync to that, but if they were originally recorded using Adat sync between the machines it might be a bit trickier to sort out. I believe JL Cooper used to make an adat to mtc converter box
https://www.jlcooper.com/_manuals/le...ser_Manual.pdf

or you might be better off just lining it up manually once it's all in the computer.
domzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 09:56 AM   #5
pipelineaudio
Mortal

I would always clap sync MDM's, no matter the format and no matter even if I could transfer them all at once
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote